Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Your 17 for Barrow

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I know its early but we all know our squad now, looks like Baz will have a real headache picking the team Sunday, so who is in your 17 for our Championship Kick Off vs Barrow? Let the debate begin!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

Here goes:

1 Watson
2 Pryce
3 Keinhorst
4 Welham
5 Brickwood
6 Grimshaw
7 Ansell
8 Yates
9 Hood
10 Houston
11 Buttery
12 Oakes
13 March

14 Haigh
15 Haughey
16 Menzies
17 Lewis

Let the debate begin :)

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 687 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

How did l.welham do yesterday????

#4 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Here's mine for what its worth

1 Watson
2 Mapals
3 Nathaniel
4 Wellham
5 Brickwood
6 Grimshaw
7 Ansell
8 Menzies
9 Hood
10 Yates
11 Oakes
12 Haughey
13 March
14 Clayton
15 Buttery if not fit KeinHorst
16 Houston
17 Haigh
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#5 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

Here goes:

1 Watson
2 Pryce
3 Keinhorst
4 Welham
5 Brickwood
6 Grimshaw
7 Ansell
8 Yates
9 Hood
10 Houston
11 Buttery
12 Oakes
13 March

14 Haigh
15 Haughey
16 Menzies
17 Lewis

Let the debate begin :)

hooker and half back on the bench? Isn't Haighy captain?

#6 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

hooker and half back on the bench? Isn't Haighy captain?

Can only see a Hooker on my bench to interchange with Hood? Dave March is the captain.

#7 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Sorry I thought Lewis was a halfback.

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

pleased people are going for Ansell at scrum half. For me Watson at full back, and must be Pryce o the wing.-- Hood and Haigh as the hookers.

#9 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

pleased people are going for Ansell at scrum half. For me Watson at full back, and must be Pryce o the wing.-- Hood and Haigh as the hookers.

Pryce has not done anything yet to prove he should get preference and I believe is in his late 30's. Mapals can score tries if given the ball
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#10 Penola

Penola
  • 592 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sunley for me. Great game yesterday

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

On the evidence ive seen so far this season Lee Mapels would be one of the 1st names id pick and thats coming from someone who thought he was a bit of a liability last season.Always gains ground scores tries and id back him to go round most full backs if put in the clear.
Posted Image

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Callum Windley suffered double fracture to his cheekbone yesterday, real shame for the lad, looked good pre season.

#13 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

1 Kain
2 Mapels
3 Keinhorst
4 Welham
5 Brickwood
6 Grimshaw
7 Ansell / Hughes
8 Yates
9 Haigh
10 Houston
11 Clayton
12 Oakes
13 March

14 Hood
15 Haughey
16 Menzies
17 Dooler / Lewis

#14 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Sunley for me. Great game yesterday

To be honest, no matter how good the Leeds players are, I wish we could have got some big forwards instead of duplicating positions that look ok already. I hope we play OUR players first with possibly Hood coming in. We have three full backs and three wingers before Watson and Sunley so they probably wont get much game time. Also, hasn't one club, dual registered the entire squad from one super league club? Shouldn't we do that if it's allowed and Swinton I believe have 5 D.R.'s.
It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#15 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Spot on gabby
Posted Image

#16 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

To be honest, no matter how good the Leeds players are, I wish we could have got some big forwards instead of duplicating positions that look ok already. I hope we play OUR players first with possibly Hood coming in. We have three full backs and three wingers before Watson and Sunley so they probably wont get much game time. Also, hasn't one club, dual registered the entire squad from one super league club? Shouldn't we do that if it's allowed and Swinton I believe have 5 D.R.'s.

In an ideal world im sure Baz would have got 3 props a top class scrum half, but this isn't the case. Leeds either dont have these players or feel they will be involved in their 17 more often than not and would not have chance to play for us.

I totally disagree with clubs dual registering ALL players at a club, in my opinion it makes a mockery of the set up and sends out the wrong message, We had a lot of negative comments from our supporters over the Leeds link up, which we always said would be 4 players on season long dual reg. and that's what we have done, our fans know all the detals, we have 4 players and any of them 4 players could potential play for us on any given weekend in 2013. We are all totally clear about where we are, who the players are and where we stand.

Now lets take Dewsbury who have dual reg ALL the Bulls squad, now there fans are totally in the dark of who may be in their team one Sunday to the next it could be anyone, it could be 5 players it could be 1 or 3, the following week it could be a different set of 5 players, it could be a star player coming back from injury, that is ridiculous in my opinion and can only be bad for them. I thought this set up is exactly what our supporters DIDN'T WANT?

There will be an important announcement tomorrow regarding the 4 dual reg players.

#17 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

It said in the yorkshire post it wasnt the case that Sunley was duel registered with the Hawks Gaz but i too think its a shame either Moore or atchurch couldnt be dual reg at some time we seem short of size in the forwards.

Edited by suzzy, 29 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

chappy

#18 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

It said in the yorkshire post it wasnt the case that Sunley was duel registered with the Hawks Gaz but i too think its a shame either Moore or atchurch couldnt be dual reg at some time we seem short of size in the forwards.

In deed it did ,and we will be making an official statement on that tomorrow Colin.

Whos to say that might not be an option as the season progresses, it all depends on the circumstances, a lots of ifs and buts in this process. But we have 30 players and 4 dual reg as it stands is so lets get behind which ever 17 Baz chooses to start on Sunday, back the club and the lads in our famous shirt.

#19 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone know if the Leeds Prop Jordan Baldwinson is any relation to Hunslet's Billy Baldwinson in the sixties?

He is also a Hunslet Warriors product.

#20 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Does anyone know if the Leeds Prop Jordan Baldwinson is any relation to Hunslet's Billy Baldwinson in the sixties?

He is also a Hunslet Warriors product.

Yes he's his grandad I think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users