Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lance Hohaia

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

Rumours doing the rounds that Saints want to send him off on a season long loan.

Any truth in it?

#2 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,976 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Rumours doing the rounds that Saints want to send him off on a season long loan.

Any truth in it?

Haven't heard anything but hope so. Didn't do enough for me last year and got in the way of gaskells progress.

#3 Doghead

Doghead
  • Coach
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:40 PM

Not if his coach is to be believed, said that he was a great asset, can cover 5 position, would be a big Uturn on that statement.

#4 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,435 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

Not if his coach is to be believed, said that he was a great asset, can cover 5 position, would be a big Uturn on that statement.

Sub 1
Sub 2
Sub 3
Sub 4
Travelling reserve.

#5 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Any truth in it?

Unlikely but he isn't too happy at being returned to his utility role and so opting to go on loan somewhere doesn't appear beyond the realms of possibility.

We tend to send our loanees to Salford. ;)

Edited by Saintslass, 28 January 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#6 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,615 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Unlikely but he isn't too happy at being returned to his utility role and so opting to go on loan somewhere doesn't appear beyond the realms of possibility.

I read somewhere on a Salford forum that he's been linked with them, lance Hohaia was a nothing signing for me, neither a stand out fullback, centre, halfback or hooker. Lee Gaskell has more skill and talent in his finger tips than Hohaia, give the youngsters a chance before him.

#7 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Rochdale and Whitehaven will be peed off then.

rldfsignature.jpg

#8 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Sub 1
Sub 2
Sub 3
Sub 4
Travelling reserve.

:D
People called Romans they go the house

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Dunno if he,ll fit in the haven team.......but if your offering

#10 latchford albion

latchford albion
  • Coach
  • 303 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Dunno if he,ll fit in the haven team.......but if your offering

I saw them at Skolars last year: he'll fit right in ;)

#11 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

I would've been mega disappointed with him last year if I was a Saints fan. Or chairman. I bet most of the Saints' youngsters would've done a better job.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#12 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

he's the genuine jack of all trades master of none

average at best, certainly not worth a overseas spot along with Josh Perry(how he got to play SSO and won Aussie caps)is beyond me

#13 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Rochdale and Whitehaven will be peed off then.

We only send our noobies there. Salford get our experienced loanees. And then they sign them, usually!

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Actually, he looks class at fullback.

average at best, certainly not worth a overseas spot along with Josh Perry(how he got to play SSO and won Aussie caps)is beyond me

As for Josh Perry ... what a waste of a spot that should have been filled with a British player he has been. He's in his final season this year and I will despair if he is re-signed.

#15 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

I would've been mega disappointed with him last year if I was a Saints fan. Or chairman. I bet most of the Saints' youngsters would've done a better job.

A lot of us were seriously miffed when Rush ditched Gaskell. Gaskell lost the chance to build on what he achieved in his debut year for no good reason.

#16 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

As an outsider looking in, Hohaia might actually be a slightly better - or, at least, more effective - player than he looks but Lee Gaskell, with a coach that believes in him, has the athletic prowess and footballing skill to become a very special player indeed. Rush's treatment of Gaskell last year remains baffling to me and, at times, it seems a bit worse than that...

As for Josh Perry, it just goes to show, once again, that there are State of Origin representatives and Australian internationals who are mediocre. I hope that the likes of Louis M-S realise that they are every bit as talented - and more - and might one day prove it at international level.

#17 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Actually, he looks class at fullback

As for Josh Perry ... what a waste of a spot that should have been filled with a British player he has been. He's in his final season this year and I will despair if he is re-signed.

Being his last season he'll probably shine,people will forget how dire he's been previously and he'll get a new 2 year deal.He always seems to be dragging the training tractor tyre on to the match pitch,woeful

Edited by back to the future, 28 January 2013 - 11:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users