Photo
- - - - -

1 Feb - Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (17 votes [62.96%])

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Hull FC (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

Im not sure they ever were at a rugby league game.....and that's always been fine by me

#182 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Does not make it right though does it.
I guess class and manners are not in fashion nowadays in some places.

It's nothing to do with "some places". It's a part of every society around the world. I'm 29, so this has been going on at least 20 years and I'm guessing it was the same before that. Maybe you are just sheltered. Who knows.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#183 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,755 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

"I would not be taking my kids to a game with drunk slobs chanting stupid swearing songs next to me, there are better things to do in life than that."

Better not watch "Prime Ministers Question Time" then! :)

#184 Hullfan

Hullfan
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Did galea do a preseason he looks fat a ######

#185 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

It's nothing to do with "some places". It's a part of every society around the world. I'm 29, so this has been going on at least 20 years and I'm guessing it was the same before that. Maybe you are just sheltered. Who knows.

You are right its me, I have lived a sheltered life it appears.

Why is swearing not allowed on this Board? or on most TV shows before a certain time?

I prefer people not to F&C in front of my Wife and kids, if the odd F****** comes out its not the end of the World, if its a chant by some moronic fans that makes them feel good in some strange way, I prefer not to be there.

At what point is decency thought of? Hey its just me but if other fans don't mind being next to fans with their Wife and Kids while others are singing "Get that ****************** on side that is up to them.
Life does not have to be the lowest common denominator does it?

Edited by ckn, 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM.
edited by CKN: Please don't be so obvious about what you're hiding. I get the point you're making but we still don't allow it here.

#186 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Do I have to swear to make my point? not at all

Yet you did at the end of your post.

To be honest fans that sing songs at games at all says plenty.

What does it say?...
Posted Image

#187 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yet you did at the end of your post.

What does it say?...

Here we go.
No I didn't swear, I inferred a swear word that seems to be the norm here lately.
Fans singing moronic songs littered with swear words says to me, I am glad I wasn't there.
Maybe its a cultural thing but singing dud songs made up by someone with a retarded schoolboys IQ is what?

If singing "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll ***** murder ya"? rings your bells good on you.

Its the chant of halfwits
The fact its a chant about a player who is pretty well ###### is irrelevant.

Edited by ckn, 03 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#188 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

There is some odd perception that Headingly is some great place to go and watch a game.

Its not.

its an offensive, threatening, abusive hole and the South Standers are the closest I've come to feeling like I was at a soccer match.

#189 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

There is some odd perception that Headingly is some great place to go and watch a game.

Its not.

its an offensive, threatening, abusive hole and the South Standers are the closest I've come to feeling like I was at a soccer match.

I have not been there but when I hear the "South Standers" mentioned I can already tell what it is.
Superior Mongs that go harder than their brethren.
I would rather be in a quicksand of ###### than visit there.

#190 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

2 points

1 - Hull have been rubbish in attack, very poor
2 - Hull fans have seen how poor Arundels defence is, unfortunately what Hull fans will have to put up with all season - that last effort on Hall was ridiculous

To be fair, I think we already had our doubts on point 2. Kris Welham ran rings around him in the pre-season game.

On the plus side, we have the excellent Ben Crooks ready to step in if Arundel doesn't cut it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#191 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:34 PM

Is he your scapegoat for the season ?Galea had a mare, our halves played behind a beaten pack and our play of the ball was to slow giving our halves very little time and options. Seymore is not the most gifted scrum half we have ever had but they were far worse players on the pitch than him. Houghten was poor tonight I thought.
Well played Leeds there triangle of McGuire, Burrows and Sinfield were superb tonight.

Leeds were better in all aspects of the game but two things stood out for me. They were yards faster at the PTB and they possessed an uncanny ability to pass the ball to a man rather than to the grass behind him.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#192 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Here we go.
No I didn't swear, I inferred a swear word that seems to be the norm here lately.

But you surely wouldn't even need to infer a swear word to make a point. I don't see what the difference is to the point whether you've sworn or you "inferred".

Fans singing moronic songs littered with swear words says to me, I am glad I wasn't there.

You said "fans that sing songs at games at all says plenty." You've now changed that to littered with swear words. Which is it?

Maybe its a cultural thing but singing dud songs made up by someone with a retarded schoolboys IQ is what?

For someone who is trying to hold some kind of moral high ground by talking down those that swear, that's an utterly ridiculous and offensive thing to say. Well done for completely ruining your point.

If singing "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll ******** murder ya"? rings your bells good on you.

Its the chant of halfwits
The fact its a chant about a player who is pretty well ###### is irrelevant.

But it's so much better and classier to call the people that sing it retards.
I think it's time you came off your high horse.
Posted Image

#193 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

Well, this conversation descended into a farce pretty quick.

I have never found the southstand threatening. Kids, women, grown men alike all stand in there and I have never seen any problems what so ever. Yes, you get the odd idiot who knows nothing about the game swearing at the ref and there are people in there who you wouldn't like to associate with in normal life, but if it was that bad and that threatening of a place, would you get 6-8,000 people standing in there every week? I doubt it very much.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#194 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,125 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Leeds were better in all aspects of the game but two things stood out for me. They were yards faster at the PTB and they possessed an uncanny ability to pass the ball to a man rather than to the grass behind him.

This is where Hull lost the game big style. By the time Hull's second pass was attempted, Leeds were all over them.

Either Ganson was taking us back 10m and Leeds only 5m, or our defensive line speed isn't what it needs to be.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#195 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I have not been there but when I hear the "South Standers" mentioned I can already tell what it is.
Superior Mongs that go harder than their brethren.
I would rather be in a quicksand of ###### than visit there.

so you condem the southstanders wihout ever going near the ground well thats fine but please do the same for just about every club in super league as if you watch sky you can hear chants with such words from supporters of nearly all clubs every week.

i take it you never take the wife and kids out anywere even shopping as theres always a chance they may hear a few swear words . just to be safe have you concidered home schooling
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#196 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

This is where Hull lost the game big style. By the time Hull's second pass was attempted, Leeds were all over them.

Either Ganson was taking us back 10m and Leeds only 5m, or our defensive line speed isn't what it needs to be.

maybe both :D

#197 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,350 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I have always loved standing in the South stand, on the numerous occasions I have been there as a neutral. Our game has many problems - the wonderful, knowledgable and generally witty spectators on the terraces there, far from being a problem, are one of the corner stones of the game in this country.

#198 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Its that bloody drum and trumpet that does my head in, none stop for the full length of the game.

#199 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Its that bloody drum and trumpet that does my head in, none stop for the full length of the game.

The drum is one of the reason's apart from getting a bit older that I moved to the north stand.Was the swearing very loud on friday?and did the cub tell the ones using this language not to do so?because they always used to
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#200 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

The drum is one of the reason's apart from getting a bit older that I moved to the north stand.Was the swearing very loud on friday?and did the cub tell the ones using this language not to do so?because they always used to

the drum is no problem i stand just down from it and can still hear my mate unless of course its my round ;)

didnt hear a tannoy announcment but maybe the drum was been banged at the time :D :D

there are a number of very large signs hanging up in the south stand with a number to text security if people have an issue with just about most things .

while people may condem the slighlty earthy language that from time to time comes out the stand i must mention a recent event in the south stand during the friendly game against bradford in which a leeds utd fan who had been mouthing off a number of things then screamed out that leeds should kill the black b*****d refering to chev walker. this guy was turned on by just about everyone around him who did not bother with the stewards but made sure the guy left the stand with immediate effect. you see even mongs have standards B)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users