TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

1 Feb - Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (17 votes [62.96%])

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Hull FC (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

the drum is no problem i stand just down from it and can still hear my mate unless of course its my round ;)

didnt hear a tannoy announcment but maybe the drum was been banged at the time :D :D

there are a number of very large signs hanging up in the south stand with a number to text security if people have an issue with just about most things .

while people may condem the slighlty earthy language that from time to time comes out the stand i must mention a recent event in the south stand during the friendly game against bradford in which a leeds utd fan who had been mouthing off a number of things then screamed out that leeds should kill the black b*****d refering to chev walker. this guy was turned on by just about everyone around him who did not bother with the stewards but made sure the guy left the stand with immediate effect. you see even mongs have standards B)

I cannot remember the last time I heard any racist comments at at a RL game, I think as a sport we should take pride that it is virtually unheard of from our fans and when it is people wont put up with it anymore.

#202 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I cannot remember the last time I heard any racist comments at at a RL game, I think as a sport we should take pride that it is virtually unheard of from our fans and when it is people wont put up with it anymore.

Thats good to hear,although I do remember years ago at Headingley Leeds v Hull a Hull fans was shouting racist stuff at a Leeds Player, it may have been Roy Powell,and we turned round on him and said' hey you what about Clive Sullivan,o your greatest ever players"he just stared into space.Thankufully as you say it seems to be a thing of the past now "AT EVERY CLUB"
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#203 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

There is some odd perception that Headingly is some great place to go and watch a game.

Its not.

its an offensive, threatening, abusive hole and the South Standers are the closest I've come to feeling like I was at a soccer match.

Really,tarring us all with the same brush,every club has idiots,including yours .
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#204 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

Agent Galea you have started your mission very well, please continue in this fashion.

You look after that sense of humour of yours.

You're going to need it this year.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#205 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:42 PM

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#206 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

There is some odd perception that Headingly is some great place to go and watch a game.

Its not.

its an offensive, threatening, abusive hole and the South Standers are the closest I've come to feeling like I was at a soccer match.

Ive got to admit on one of my visits home last year,after a game against warrington I walked over to the southstand and the club to see a mate,and I was taken aback when I saw the types who were around and NO way am I a snob ,but years ago before the crowds increased ,and I am glad they did,but them people were not there supporting leeds
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users