Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

1 Feb - Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (17 votes [62.96%])

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Hull FC (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

New ball-itis?

#122 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

Too many average players. And one completely awful player in Seymour. Awful.
Posted Image

#123 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

Too many average players. And one completely awful player in Seymour. Awful.

Is he your scapegoat for the season ?Galea had a mare, our halves played behind a beaten pack and our play of the ball was to slow giving our halves very little time and options. Seymore is not the most gifted scrum half we have ever had but they were far worse players on the pitch than him. Houghten was poor tonight I thought.
Well played Leeds there triangle of McGuire, Burrows and Sinfield were superb tonight.

#124 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

For that last try, Arundel was running backwards almost as quickly as Hall was running at him.

Fair result in the end, but not on Heremeia and McDonnell I thought. Those two were the only ones in black and white to show any spark or penetration.

For Leeds, McGuire and Peacock were terrific. That backline will score a hatful this year.

Seymour's attempt on Hall was far worse.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#125 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Is he your scapegoat for the season ?Galea had a mare, our halves played behind a beaten pack and our play of the ball was to slow giving our halves very little time and options. Seymore is not the most gifted scrum half we have ever had but they were far worse players on the pitch than him. Houghten was poor tonight I thought.
Well played Leeds there triangle of McGuire, Burrows and Sinfield were superb tonight.

Galea was awful as well, yes.

But many of the things Seymour did were just inexcusable for someone in such an important role. Couldn't catch, pass or tackle. He was worse than ineffective; he might as well have been wearing a Leeds shirt. The decision to keep him on and take Heremaia off changed the game IMO. Heremaia was doing brilliantly. He'll be number 7 next week.

Lose Galea and Westerman and bring in a better back rower.
Posted Image

#126 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

It's only the first game guys.....may take a couple of wks to blow the cobwebs off for some players

#127 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

decent display from leeds helped by the lack of any idea in attack from the hull halfs . what happended to the big name halbacks pearson promised the hull fans this season .
a real pity ellis did not play but doubt he would have made much difference to the attack although he may well have added a bit of steel to the defence which could not handle leeds speed of passing .

for leeds another master class from sir kev just how many of the leeds tries did he have a hand in yet again along with some good smotther tackles in defence
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#128 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

decent display from leeds helped by the lack of any idea in attack from the hull halfs . what happended to the big name halbacks pearson promised the hull fans this season .
a real pity ellis did not play but doubt he would have made much difference to the attack although he may well have added a bit of steel to the defence which could not handle leeds speed of passing .

for leeds another master class from sir kev just how many of the leeds tries did he have a hand in yet again along with some good smotther tackles in defence

1 Try, 4 assists, 6/6 when it came to goal kicking :)

I did think McGuire was equally as good though and even though he only had 1 try assist, made so much more happen around the pitch.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#129 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

First try - thanks sir Kevin.

Enjoyed the game, Leeds wanted it more than hull, fc defensive line needs addressing.... Great to see league back on sky.

Wellsy - westerman is a good player, has great hands and can use his footwork, I appreciate you see him more than me, but surely he needs better players around him (or players giving him good ball)

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 02 February 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#130 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Thought Leeds looked worryingly good. Lightning fast in all areas.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#131 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,434 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thought Leeds looked worryingly good. Lightning fast in all areas.

Agree, but I don't want Leeds fans to hear me say it......... Moon looks v v v dangerous at centre, plenty of tries for Joel this year IMHO

#132 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

First try - thanks sir Kevin.

Enjoyed the game, Leeds wanted it more than hull, fc defensive line needs addressing.... Great to see league back on sky.

Wellsy - westerman is a good player, has great hands and can use his footwork, I appreciate you see him more than me, but surely he needs better players around him (or players giving him good ball)

Then you can have him and we'll have Westwood! Similar surname, no one will notice!

He's inconsistent. A penalty machine. Lazy. And always tries to put a shot on at stupid times and mostly misses. He's completely and utterly overrated.

Posted Image

#133 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,602 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

We got Holdsworth, who has shown he has a great long kicking game (something we've not seen at Hull since Paul Cooke).
We then tried for Rangi, who would have been here had it not been for visa issues, and then got fecked about by Scott Prince. Who else was available? Such a shame.

It annoys me that Sky keep saying "Hull splashed the cash" because when you think about it, who did we actually buy?

A lot of Leeds' breaks came down their left/our right. That's where Ellis would have been.

I was commenting in the first half how I thought our tackling looked a lot better, but we were very suspect when it came to kicks... then the second half happened!

He had a great game. I hope he can produce that form for England.
Posted Image

#134 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Whinos needed to start the season at a higher tempo if they want to beat Storm in the WCC, its their only chance as on a level playing field they wouldn't have one! Brian MacD and Jimmy learned how do it under Nobbys coaching at the Bulls! The only other plus for the Whinos, is that Bellyache hasn't signed a new contract as yet and that could also have an effect on the Storm Squad!
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#135 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

I wonder if the Hull players had a game plan of "give it to Gaz"

#136 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

Joel Moon is going to be the best Aussie in SL this year.
:D

#137 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Christopher Irvine summed it up for me in 'The Times' this morning where he describes Hull as 'gritty but hopelessly outgunned'.

#138 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

I wonder if the Hull players had a game plan of "give it to Gaz"

Lol

#139 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

We got Holdsworth, who has shown he has a great long kicking game (something we've not seen at Hull since Paul Cooke).
We then tried for Rangi, who would have been here had it not been for visa issues, and then got fecked about by Scott Prince. Who else was available? Such a shame.

It annoys me that Sky keep saying "Hull splashed the cash" because when you think about it, who did we actually buy?

A lot of Leeds' breaks came down their left/our right. That's where Ellis would have been.

I was commenting in the first half how I thought our tackling looked a lot better, but we were very suspect when it came to kicks... then the second half happened!

He had a great game. I hope he can produce that form for England.

holdsworth does have a decent kicking game but tended to be negative with kicking for touch even near the end instead of putting in attacking kicks to pressure the back of the leeds line . he needs a good playmaker next to him who can identfy the areas to work on time after time and then stick to doing it all game instead of just hoping something opens up .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#140 D34n0

D34n0
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

The cobination of Seymour and Arundal defending on they right will mean any decent left sided attack will pile on a lot of points. Atkins will me licking his lips watching this performance!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users