Photo
- - - - -

1 Feb - Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Leeds Rhinos (17 votes [62.96%])

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

2. Hull FC (10 votes [37.04%])

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Right, had a good nights' kip. First thoughts, that Headingley pitch looks pretty rubbish, I hope it's just bedding in or summat. Secondly, Leeds go too moves are pass it to Moon or kick to Hall. I may have to revise my thought on Hull FC making waves, I hope the same continues next week and we cause an upset.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#142 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Right, had a good nights' kip. First thoughts, that Headingley pitch looks pretty rubbish, I hope it's just bedding in or summat. Secondly, Leeds go too moves are pass it to Moon or kick to Hall. I may have to revise my thought on Hull FC making waves, I hope the same continues next week and we cause an upset.

Is the pitch an improvement on the last 3 previous year though in your opinion?

Edited by fieldofclothofgold, 02 February 2013 - 02:13 PM.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#143 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Is the pitch an improvement on the last 3 previous year though in your opinion?

Erm, yeh, but not out of sight, the fact that under the southstand roof, the sky near side touchline wasn't a beach yes it is better. But it looked a bit bare in places.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#144 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Also, did I hear a song from the southstand of "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll f"cking murder ya"?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#145 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Erm, yeh, but not out of sight, the fact that under the southstand roof, the sky near side touchline wasn't a beach yes it is better. But it looked a bit bare in places.

I couldnt quite hear Brian Mac's interview lastnight ,but I think he said you need proper footwear to play on it.I think he may have been intimating there could be a few injury's on this pitch
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#146 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

I couldnt quite hear Brian Mac's interview lastnight ,but I think he said you need proper footwear to play on it.I think he may have been intimating there could be a few injury's on this pitch

If it turns out to be akin to the Wakefield pitch then all is forgiven, but much like Hull FC after all the hype it was a little bit of a let down.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#147 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

I enjoyed watching the game and thought that it was generally of high quality.

The crowd produced a vibrant atmosphere too but, despite what looked a great turn out from Hull fans, I can't understand why Leeds seem to be stuck around the 14-15000 mark for attendances? They're a great club, representing a big city and in the middle of the most successful period in their history and yet - despite a couple of references to a "full house" - their attendance was around 5000 short of capacity.

A few years ago, with no away support to speak of, they attracted around (I think) 37000 to Elland Road for the visit of Canterbury. Might the club be capable of a lot more with a little more ambition? Or do Leeds fans think that they have reached their limit attendance-wise?

#148 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

The crowd produced a vibrant atmosphere too but, despite what looked a great turn out from Hull fans, I can't understand why Leeds seem to be stuck around the 14-15000 mark for attendances? They're a great club, representing a big city and in the middle of the most successful period in their history and yet - despite a couple of references to a "full house" - their attendance was around 5000 short of capacity.

A few years ago, with no away support to speak of, they attracted around (I think) 37000 to Elland Road for the visit of Canterbury. Might the club be capable of a lot more with a little more ambition? Or do Leeds fans think that they have reached their limit attendance-wise?

Well they did average over 17k for 3 seasons and peaked at 17500 ,but that really was not going to last,but it looks like they achieved a larger hard core.In those heady days of fullhouses regularly i used to meet "Leeds"fans from all over the country
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#149 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,825 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

If it turns out to be akin to the Wakefield pitch then all is forgiven, but much like Hull FC after all the hype it was a little bit of a let down.

Wakey could do with taking their pitch with them when they move.Always been great plying area
The hour is getting late

JAMIE PEACOCK

#150 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Also, did I hear a song from the southstand of "Delaney, ooooooh, he's from Australia, he'll f"cking murder ya"?

Please tell me someone else heard this too...

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#151 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

yep they have ben singing it for a couple of seasons now . whats the problem did we nick it off someone .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#152 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

leeds would struggle to atract crowds over 20k on a regular basis so i cant see the harm in admiting it . fair enough the odd game may attract more but theres no point in even trying to enlarge headingley bysay another 10k as it would be a waste of money given the returns that could be expected .
i think some people expect to much in terms of crowds at times as its not cheap getting into rugby league games these days and to increase crowds from what are already pretty high figures to regular over 20k crowds is not very likely .

by the way the crowd at elland road was certainly not all leeds fans given the number of fans of other clubs who could be seen and heard supporting the aussies

#153 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

yep they have ben singing it for a couple of seasons now . whats the problem did we nick it off someone .

Never heard it before, erm, I'm not someone who is easily offended but I thought that was rather uncalled for.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#154 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Never heard it before, erm, I'm not someone who is easily offended but I thought that was rather uncalled for.

delaney likes the song and applauds it so he certainly is not offended. never heard any complaints from anyone else at headingley either and you have to admit its a good un.

do you like the ryan bailey song by the way
he's ryan bailey he does what he wants

#155 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

delaney likes the song and applauds it so he certainly is not offended. never heard any complaints from anyone else at headingley either and you have to admit its a good un.

do you like the ryan bailey song by the way
he's ryan bailey he does what he wants

Yeah that's fine, I can't decide if it was for Bailey or Van Persie where I heard it first... on the song theme, I found it amusing in a :rolleyes: way that no matter who they play Leeds sing the "shoot the ..... ####" song be it Bradford, Hull, Wigan, Saints, Wire whoever! I did realise I always found the Ronnie the Rhino chant amusing, which has the same level of crassness, so maybe the Delaney one won't bother me so much next time. I dunno, family game and all that.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#156 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah that's fine, I can't decide if it was for Bailey or Van Persie where I heard it first... on the song theme, I found it amusing in a :rolleyes: way that no matter who they play Leeds sing the "shoot the ..... ####" song be it Bradford, Hull, Wigan, Saints, Wire whoever! I did realise I always found the Ronnie the Rhino chant amusing, which has the same level of crassness, so maybe the Delaney one won't bother me so much next time. I dunno, family game and all that.

go to most grounds and you will hear the shoot the #### song at most games for me its past boring now after all its been sung since at least the 1980s .
there are much better songs been sung about teams and players both in support and against them .
i do remember a particular song sung by the south stand against hull way back in the 70s which really did go to far but other than that one nothing to shocking well apart from the bradford song that is sung by a few clubs

#157 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,744 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

I hope Hull fans aren't depending on Holdsworth's kicking game because you are going to be disappointed. He gets very predictable, and vanishes when it gets tough. Moon was class for Salford and I expect Hall will score loads with him as partner. Was Ganson dressed as a clown or as that just James Child in the stupid kit.

#158 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I hope Hull fans aren't depending on Holdsworth's kicking game because you are going to be disappointed. He gets very predictable, and vanishes when it gets tough. Moon was class for Salford and I expect Hall will score loads with him as partner. Was Ganson dressed as a clown or as that just James Child in the stupid kit.

Ganson was in pink and blue chequers, or at least the top half was chequered. And Child?

Personally I don't think they'll last long, the 2012 stuff was alright enough.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#159 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

go to most grounds and you will hear the shoot the #### song at most games for me its past boring now after all its been sung since at least the 1980s .
there are much better songs been sung about teams and players both in support and against them .
i do remember a particular song sung by the south stand against hull way back in the 70s which really did go to far but other than that one nothing to shocking well apart from the bradford song that is sung by a few clubs

PM sent to keep it on topic.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#160 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I think he may have been intimating there could be a few injury's on this pitch

My team looled like they had a bad side.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users