Photo
- - - - -

1 Feb - Salford City Reds v Wigan Warriors - KO 8pm

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford City Reds (4 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Voted Wigan Warriors (16 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 507 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Interested to see how young fages goes if he plays, heard he is very talented. I'm not going, off to see lion king - mrs's birthday and she won't change it ! My two young children are though. Even though I like pies, I hope for a good effort from Salford

#22 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Typically well organised shambles. It's no wonder the RFL is £65m in debt

Turn up and pay on the gate, thats how it used to be, if the ground is full, then your too late.
I remember queues at the Willows where it took you 20 minutes to get in, during the 1972-5 period, as a neutral we used to turn up half an hour before kick off, and create an atmosphere - something lacking from todays ticketed all-seated arenas,
The Salerycap is not a target.
it should be normal business practice. This has been building up for 15 years, as has been HMRC tracking.
SJH has a file on every company (Club).You all have been warned & you ignore it, thinking the RFL will bail you out.

Huh? Salford v Wigan?

#23 TwoBlues

TwoBlues
  • Coach
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

I don't think all is well behind the scenes at Wigan.Some bizarre results at the pre-season games;an individual who broke the law of the land given 2 pay increases and certain players allowed to 'opt out' of the 'friendlies',unless they were injured.That added to the genuine injuries and a new half back pairing suggests that it may not be the walkover the experts predict.
Quite happy for Salford to show their unity and togetherness their recent troubles may have produced,and factor in the need to impress with the promise of new additions to come to the club and I go for a home win.
I hope referee Child doesn't make any decisions I disagree with as he did at the corresponding fixture last year.

#24 Finn

Finn
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Quite happy for Salford to show their unity and togetherness their recent troubles may have produced,and factor in the need to impress with the promise of new additions to come to the club and I go for a home win.

Put your money where your mouth is then, you can get odds of 9/1 against Salford winning.

#25 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

I hope referee Child doesn't make any decisions I disagree with

Maybe you should try and replace the current referee's controller?

In fairness, whilst I'm not going to portray all is rosy at Wigan I think you're over stating things. As to your individual points, With regards to the friendlies, the Leigh match is always a match against our youngsters, the HKR match I viewed as Wane giving the kids a slightly more prolonged run to prove themselves, and I never expected to win the Warrington match (even if we'd put a full team out for me they are the team to beat this year, the only way we'll beat them this year is if they are on an off day).

Not sure what you're getting at re Hock? Wigan re-employed him after serving his suspension on a low contract reflecting the risk of him re offending. He was doing OK so asked for a couple of pay increases, got them, then pushed to far and tried to throw his toys out of the cot. In the end he got burned.

Why risk your star players in friendlies if they are known quantities?

I don't think it will be a walk over, I'm expecting a very rust start and maybe even a loss.

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,161 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Wigan squad: Greg Burke, Josh Charnley, Gil Dudson, Liam Farrell, Ben Flower, Anthony Gelling, Darrell Goulding, Blake Green, Jack Hughes, Michael McIlorum, Lee Mossop, Sean O'Loughlin, Sam Powell, Paul Prescott, Pat Richards, Matty Smith, Scott Taylor, Iain Thornley, Sam Tomkins.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Interesting to see Powell in ahead of Logan. For all the doubts and concerns, that's not too shabby a squad.

#28 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,575 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Interesting to see Powell in ahead of Logan. For all the doubts and concerns, that's not too shabby a squad.

It's a good bunch of individuals, yes, but how much of a team will they be? I think we may see a few rather disjointed performances, while the new combinations are working each other out.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#29 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

As far as continuity is concerned, though, I imagine Salford would happily swap places.

#30 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

I just hope for a good competitive game,with a good crowd to encourage the new owner - is there likely to be a strong Wigan turnout?

#31 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

I just hope for a good competitive game,with a good crowd to encourage the new owner - is there likely to be a strong Wigan turnout?

Yeah but the Dr shouldn't let that put him off😉

#32 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

Up to yesterday, Wigan had sold around 1200 tickets.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#33 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

That's a very good effort.Hopefully a positive news conference later today and the figure might reach around 2,000.I do hope that Salford fans also turn out in good numbers.

#34 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:20 PM

That's a very good effort.Hopefully a positive news conference later today and the figure might reach around 2,000.I do hope that Salford fans also turn out in good numbers.

Bringing the total attendance to 2076
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#35 Bazz

Bazz
  • Coach
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

The ticketing page on the web site is finally working.I have bought 2 tickets in the 'away' end and they are numbers 2 058 and 2 059 but I don't know if that is the total tickets sold in the away end.I would have thought Wigan would have had more than 2 000 supporters there.

I don't think the crowd will be that big - about 7 000 at the most,which would be a poor start for the Doctor!

#36 MikeTommo

MikeTommo
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

I'd be absolutely delighted with 7k tomorrow. Tickets for home fans have been on sale 2 days. We barely broke 5k all last season, 7 thousand would be a bit of a result tomorrow.

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,161 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:04 PM

Salford squad: Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Danny Williams, Theo Fages, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Shannon McPherson, Matty Ashurst, Stephen Wild, Ben Gledhill, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Gareth Owen, Chris Nero, Adam Neal, Rhys Williams, Ryan McGoldrick, Andrew Dixon, Jack Murphy.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

6.5k apparently.
HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#39 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Any half time insights?

#40 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Any half time insights?

Like a score?

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users