Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

3 Feb - Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Has a game thread been locked before?

There's no ill feeling old frightful just a bit of banter that's all😉

#22 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

The nearly men to batter the never will be men

#23 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,204 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

oh I see - clever

Not really. It's a common enough use of language. "they'll score millions at this rate" and so on. As it happens, I would be pleased to see classy Cas going well. They're a great club who have produced sublime players and sublime skill. A player like Reilly had thicker skin than some of their supporters it would appear.

#24 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

The nearly men to batter the never will be men

3 challenge cups, 1 LLS and a Grand Final in fours years = nearly men

No wonder fans can't be bothered.

#25 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,994 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Has a game thread been locked before?

please stay on topic Rob :)
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#26 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

3 challenge cups, 1 LLS and a Grand Final in fours years = nearly men

No wonder fans can't be bothered.

Although they are great acheivements the ultimate prize is the SL crown,the previous 2/3 seasons the wire have had the squad capable of winning it but have just fallen short,so yes nearly men

#27 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Just a bit of fuel to the fire....

Wire to rack up a score that Michael Vaughan would have been proud of. End of season ball at the WC already pencilled in for Saturday 9th Feb.

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

Although they are great acheivements the ultimate prize is the SL crown,the previous 2/3 seasons the wire have had the squad capable of winning it but have just fallen short,so yes nearly men

Appreciate the further comments, Smith is a builder, believes in performance and all round improvements on and off the pitch.

Leeds have been the better team who have the BIG GF experience, Warrington, saints and Wigan have been to GF's recently and I see this year to be a belter.

May the best team win..... Lets enjoy our game and get behind all clubs.

#29 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Although it would be great for Cas to win this, I can't see past Warrington on this occasion. I don't know where Cas are up to with their squad these days, other than Shenny is back in the fold and Gilmour has joined them. Hopefully they will put on a good show to give their fans some hope. But I don't think they will win.

#30 Davc1h

Davc1h
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Did you go to the game? If that had been a competitive match you would of lost to us again

As someone who did go to the game as a neutral, i like to watch Cas and Fev when possible. I am struggling to see where you are coming from. Fev had the better of the first half, helped by the fact Cas dropped the ball in just about every set.
Second half, Cas were by far the better team and that started with the forwards getting on top. This enabled Chase to run the game and Rovers could not cope.

Back on topic, from what i saw in that game, it is going to be a long hard season for Cas. Starting with a daunting trip to the potential grand final winners.

#31 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

wow, they're all out today aren't they

Must be a full moon.

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

As someone who did go to the game as a neutral, i like to watch Cas and Fev when possible. I am struggling to see where you are coming from. Fev had the better of the first half, helped by the fact Cas dropped the ball in just about every set.
Second half, Cas were by far the better team and that started with the forwards getting on top. This enabled Chase to run the game and Rovers could not cope.

Back on topic, from what i saw in that game, it is going to be a long hard season for Cas. Starting with a daunting trip to the potential grand final winners.

They only got on top in the second half because we brought on half a dozen young uns. If we had kept our starting squad on we would have won easily.

#33 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,181 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

you'd have to be brain dead to vote against a wire win.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#34 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Better teams than Cas will be stuffed at Warrington who are a great team. If Cas can keep their back line fit they will be a handfull for any team, Ellis, Chase, Shenton, Webster, Carney, Dixon, Owen looks very good . Surely Huby, Millington, Mason, Gilmour, Thompson etc can give that backline a good platform, then in Clarke they have a fantastic player who is a match winner. I think Cas and London will be the most improved sides this season.

#35 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I really hope no team is stuffed at Warrington, or anywhere, this season.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#36 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I really hope no team is stuffed at Warrington, or anywhere, this season.

Not even when Leeds go to Odsal (or anywhere)?

#37 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Not even when Leeds go to Odsal (or anywhere)?

Nah, I quite like them as a team and the majority of their players, a bit more now Webb's moved on. I'm ok with Leeds winning SL, it's just the same team winning it for x seasons in y. For some reason it's Hull KR I can't warm to, and for the life of me I can't think why, it must be cos I like Hull FC. Anyhoo, boo Wire.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#38 trakl

trakl
  • Coach
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I really hope that Millward is able to bring the very best out of Michael Shenton - a player I like and admire and one who I think is under-rated by too many rugby league fans. I hope that he's able to express himself in attack a little more. He should be coming into his prime and is one of those players capable of flourishing at Test level.

#39 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

I really hope that Millward is able to bring the very best out of Michael Shenton - a player I like and admire and one who I think is under-rated by too many rugby league fans. I hope that he's able to express himself in attack a little more. He should be coming into his prime and is one of those players capable of flourishing at Test level.

Depends if Chase can give him the space to work with. Who is Chsase's partner in the halves?

#40 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Depends if Chase can give him the space to work with. Who is Chsase's partner in the halves?

Jamie Ellis?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.