Photo
- - - - -

3 Feb - Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Warrington Wolves (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Castleford Tigers (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Shenton seems to me to leak game awareness, while being neither quick enough nor big enough to compensate. He should spend his every waking moment watching old Martin Gleeson videos to lean the art of centre play...

#42 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:11 AM

My god, it's only Feb and I think we have a contender for funniest post of the year
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#43 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

Edited by Kenilworth Tiger, 01 February 2013 - 10:42 AM.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#44 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Shenton seems to me to leak game awareness, while being neither quick enough nor big enough to compensate. He should spend his every waking moment watching old Martin Gleeson videos to lean the art of centre play...

rather than that he should watch old gary connolly video's one of the best centres this country has ever produced.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#45 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

[size=4]

rather than that he should watch old gary connolly video's one of the best centres this country has ever produced.............

He was good but there was quite a few better IMO.

#46 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

My god, it's only Feb and I think we have a contender for funniest post of the year

Do you mean my suggestion that Shenon could learn from watching Gleeson?
I pride myself on my dry wit, so am happy to take credit whenever it's given, but i hope to improve on that in the "funnies" department before the year is out. I have my script writers working on a Blue Peter/Richie Myler routine which I trust will have J B laughing till the Greenall Whitleys comes out of his nose.

#47 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Castleford squad: Richard Owen, Justin Carney, Michael Shenton, Jake Webster, Rangi Chase, Jamie Ellis, Jonathan Walker, Daryl Clark, Craig Huby, Lee Gilmour, Weller Hauraki, Grant Millington, Jake Emmitt, Adam Milner, Nathan Massey, Oliver Holmes, Jordan Thompson, Jordan Tansey, Keith Mason.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#48 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

Warrington squad: Ryan Atkins, Lee Briers, Garreth Carvell, Mike Cooper, Rhys Evans, Simon Grix, Ben Harrison, Micky Higham, Chris Hill, Brett Hodgson, Joel Monaghan, Michael Monaghan, Adrian Morley, Richie Myler, Stefan Ratchford, Chris Riley, Trent Waterhouse, Ben Westwood, Paul Wood.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#49 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Oh oh. Lobby's gonna have a fit - Wire 22 up after 20 minutes!

#50 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Saint lass has stopped watching.

#51 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Saint lass has stopped watching.

:D

#52 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

28 nil.

Tries to Riley, Atkins, Evans, Myler and Westwood. All British scorers.

#53 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:36 PM

Comeback on, Carney with a converted try - 28 v 6

#54 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,106 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

40-18...comeback still on?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#55 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

40 24

#56 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Any thoughts on how the two teams went? Could it have been worse or did Cas finally get playing?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#57 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Very pleased to get a win on the board - Cas were always going to make a game of it and the daft predictions early in the thread were disrespectful.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#58 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Any thoughts on how the two teams went? Could it have been worse or did Cas finally get playing?

Wire got a few lucky breaks early on, possibly deserved by going for the basketball-style of play from the off, and the game was over within 15 minutes.

Cas, to their huge credit, stuck to their game plan throughout and capitalised on a number of mistakes and daft penalties. If Wire are going to play this way all season its going to be very entertaining but we will concede plenty of points.

I thought the Cas number 8 (Walker?) had a massive game and Mason was also a nuisance.

We reckoned between us that at least 6 Rangi Chase passes went to ground, suggesting either that he was a bit rusty or his outside backs are not quite sharp enough for him. If some of his passes had stuck we'd have been in massive trouble.

As for Wire, Westwood was his usual self, throwing hiimself all over the pitch, and Richie Myler was a constant threat. Briers looked to have taken a knock very early on and was off the pace, so Ratchford was thrown on and Briers never came back on with the game already won.

Overall, not too many new lessons learned: Wire should score a bucketload of tries again this season but need to tighten up on the last tackle in defence. As for Cas, well its early days obviously but they look as though they will be very competitive and will shock quite a few teams this season if they keep their main men fit. They certainly looked up for it yesterday and never gave up.

#59 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,163 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Wire got a few lucky breaks early on, possibly deserved by going for the basketball-style of play from the off, and the game was over within 15 minutes.

Cas, to their huge credit, stuck to their game plan throughout and capitalised on a number of mistakes and daft penalties. If Wire are going to play this way all season its going to be very entertaining but we will concede plenty of points.

I thought the Cas number 8 (Walker?) had a massive game and Mason was also a nuisance.

We reckoned between us that at least 6 Rangi Chase passes went to ground, suggesting either that he was a bit rusty or his outside backs are not quite sharp enough for him. If some of his passes had stuck we'd have been in massive trouble.

As for Wire, Westwood was his usual self, throwing hiimself all over the pitch, and Richie Myler was a constant threat. Briers looked to have taken a knock very early on and was off the pace, so Ratchford was thrown on and Briers never came back on with the game already won.

Overall, not too many new lessons learned: Wire should score a bucketload of tries again this season but need to tighten up on the last tackle in defence. As for Cas, well its early days obviously but they look as though they will be very competitive and will shock quite a few teams this season if they keep their main men fit. They certainly looked up for it yesterday and never gave up.

Nowt to fear then from either side... ;)

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#60 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,582 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Wire to rack up a score that Michael Vaughan would have been proud of.

Eerily prescient. Only it was a 'Strictly Come Dancing' score rather than a Cricket one.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users