Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

3 Feb - Bradford Bulls v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Bradford Bulls (9 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

3. Draw (1 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,591 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Discuss the game here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Game on..and we thought for so long it might not happen. Let's hope the weather is fine for the start of 'summer rugby'.
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#3 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 667 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Bradford win for me. I think the good form at the end of last season may cloud judgements over Trinity’s ability here, for a lot of last season the defence was woeful. Tim Smith is a doubt of the match so another half needs to step up to plug that gap should he miss the game.

The Bulls are a bit of an unknown quantity but the optimism of being recused and a fresh new start may push them on to victory. Hope I'm wrong.

#4 Rioman

Rioman
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Wakefield by 8

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,991 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

I think Trinity will win, as their forwards look stronger to me - I cannot recall a Bradford side with less grunt. Steam Piglets?

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Bradford please. But who knows, I just hope our defence is better than recent seasons.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Bradford please. But who knows, I just hope our defence is better than recent seasons.

We've looked good in the pre-season, which is always a bit dangerous, but I suspect we'll shade it. It's not going to help if we're missing Galey but we've looked good even without him so far, and given the form of such as Whitehead and Scrutes and the pack in general, I'm reasonably optimistic we can boss it up front and if we do then we've every chance. As you say, keep the defensive blunders to a minimum!!

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

We've looked good in the pre-season, which is always a bit dangerous, but I suspect we'll shade it. It's not going to help if we're missing Galey but we've looked good even without him so far, and given the form of such as Whitehead and Scrutes and the pack in general, I'm reasonably optimistic we can boss it up front and if we do then we've every chance. As you say, keep the defensive blunders to a minimum!!

I only saw the highlights and saw much of the same as last year - we can score points but also leak them - including a length of the field try and a frail right hand side defence.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,027 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

We've had nowt but snow, frost and rain for a fortnight. The pitch will be heavy and the players won't be fully match fit.

Perhaps the most skilful halfbacks will decide the result. Perhaps the best sloggers will decide it. Maybe a light-footed winger can dance clear of a tired defence to win it.

Good!
Proper rugby is back in its natural home at Odsal.

Best wishes to both teams and both sets of supporters.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#10 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I only saw the highlights and saw much of the same as last year - we can score points but also leak them - including a length of the field try and a frail right hand side defence.

To be fair we looked sharp in our handling and the forwards were off-loading a bit more than normal which suggests we might score points. Leeds scored some 'lax' points from our pov but again, to be fair leeds are a good side and they can do that to teams, so I'm not going to criticise too much a this point. Just can't wait to get going to be honest!

#11 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Be nice if it's not lashing down. Expect Tim Smith to be fit - our lass has him in her fantasy team, so there will be hell to pay if he's injured!

Not too sure what to expect from Bulls this year, and Wakey have no excuses if they aren't better than last season.

#12 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 1,998 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Not quite sure what to expect although I would have thought we would be pretty fit and well motivated. I'm thinking a promising performance and a narrow victory. Probably a stop start game with a fair number of handling errors. Maybe Foster to kick the winning points late on.

In other news - a change of perspective for your friendly neighbourhood Konkrete as this game marks a return to the popular terrace after nearly 10 years in the stand with the kids. If you see a world weary middle aged individual stamping his cold feet and stood next to a spotty giraffe then say hello...
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#13 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,027 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm going to check the weather before deciding if it's worth taking my granddaughters to watch from the terrace.

I'll not bother taking my grandson, unless he's desperate to go. He's a bit young and shows no interest in anything other than computer games.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#14 Stan Doffarf

Stan Doffarf
  • Coach
  • 973 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'll be there, in the same seat I've occupied for about a decade. And my great-niece is a mascot, she's never been before so hope it's fine and she has a good time.

Wakey by a last second drop goal from Sykes.
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death

#15 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,108 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Bradford by 18. I think we have a very good 17 - top five or six potential.

It'll be once the season starts and we pick up a few injuries that we'll fall away.
People called Romans they go the house

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

Having seen both teams in pre season games against Leeds, Bradford and quite comfortably. Scruton and Walker look good in the forwards,whilst the half back pairing of Sammut and kearney worked well.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#17 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Bradford by 10 - I think they might do better than some people think this season.

#18 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,062 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Super League@SuperLeague

Appointments: Ben Thaler is referee for @OfficialBullsRL v@WTWildcatsRL (KO 3pm) TJs are J Child & C Kendall

Posted Image

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

I was thinking a wakey win and easy, but looking at the bulls 17 I'm going to say the bulls by 14

I'm actually thinking the bulls could make the top 8. Just hope they don't have too many injuries..... They deserve some good times, especially the fans.

Good luck bully fans.

#20 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Has the world gone mad??? All these people backing the Bulls. Surely the boggy conditions won't give Bradford that much of an advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users