Photo
- - - - -

3 Feb - London Broncos v Widnes Vikings - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted London Broncos (20 votes [74.07%])

Percentage of vote: 74.07%

2. Widnes Vikings (6 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Draw (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Krasniqi injured

He's only just come on for whoever it was who kicked off and then went off injured!

#62 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Marsh in to seal the win!

#63 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Well done Widnes!
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#64 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

He's only just come on for whoever it was who kicked off and then went off injured!

No, my mistake. I think he's fine, I just got confused
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#65 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,033 posts

Crowd 2,846.
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#66 Wanderer

Wanderer
  • Coach
  • 106 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Crowd 2,846.

what a terrible effort

#67 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Commentator reckoned over 1000 were Widnes fans

#68 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

About 500 Widnes fans I reckon. Two poor sides though. Not a classic.
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#69 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,544 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm so used to being disappointed that I'm not even mildly depressed.

#70 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why is it only Rugby League that seems so often to be contested by '2 poor sides.'

Or is this just the standard response of somebody who is disappointed by the scoreline?

2,846 isn't that bad for London against Widnes either.

#71 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,162 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hmm, a surprise result. I know someone who is booking their Grand Final ticket already.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#72 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Not a terrible game by any means. London could have won this game. In fact when Dixon stepped up to convert his second try, had the two previous conversions been taken then London would have been only one converted try from getting something out of the gme with five minutes to go.
I don't accept that there were 1,000 Widnes fans there. 500 is a far more accurate estimate in my view. There is a more determined feel about the club this season but we shall see what happens this year. I am looking forward to it. Especially as this is likely to be our last season at the stoop which is a fairly easy drive for me to get to.
I have bought a season ticket in the West stand this year so I am right in the middle of the hard core london fans. I am still optimistic but we will need to improve as the season goes on.

#73 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

Widnes were the better side, and played well.. but four bombed tries by the Bronco's and some weak defence on their left edge put paid to any hopes of a first victory.

And when i say bombed i mean over the line, placing the ball down and the ball is either dropped or knocked out of the players grasp.. Widnes will be a tough team to beat when Hock and Brown are fit.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#74 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Not a terrible game by any means. London could have won this game. In fact when Dixon stepped up to convert his second try, had the two previous conversions been taken then London would have been only one converted try from getting something out of the gme with five minutes to go.
I don't accept that there were 1,000 Widnes fans there. 500 is a far more accurate estimate in my view. There is a more determined feel about the club this season but we shall see what happens this year. I am looking forward to it. Especially as this is likely to be our last season at the stoop which is a fairly easy drive for me to get to.
I have bought a season ticket in the West stand this year so I am right in the middle of the hard core london fans. I am still optimistic but we will need to improve as the season goes on.

Pretty sure Radio London said we'd sold 750 for the game and may have brought more.

#75 Maximus Decimus

Maximus Decimus
  • Coach
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Widnes were the better side, and played well.. but four bombed tries by the Bronco's and some weak defence on their left edge put paid to any hopes of a first victory.

And when i say bombed i mean over the line, placing the ball down and the ball is either dropped or knocked out of the players grasp.. Widnes will be a tough team to beat when Hock and Brown are fit.

The commentators on Radio London were none too pleased with the lad who dropped it over the line. They were blaming it on Chris Ashton lol!

#76 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'b be amazed if only 500 Widnes fans were there. If the crowd was 2846 and only 500 were from Widnes then you're saying the ratio was nearly 5:1 London:Widnes? Rubbish. Me and the missus left saying it was more like 1500 London to 1300 Widnes. Either way at most only about 2000 'home' fans turned up plus or minus 15-20%. And how many of them had free tickets? Club gave loads away.
Please let York into Super League. We'd get that many.

#77 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

from where i was sat, in the same side as the Widnes fans id suggest they took up two columns of the stand.. they were certainly vocal, but didnt think they amounted to half the crowd.. if Widnes say 750 tickets were sold, that could be about right..

If the Broncos were giving away tickets they certainly weren't that forthcoming with my amateur club.

Edited by EastLondonMike, 03 February 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#78 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Why is it only Rugby League that seems so often to be contested by '2 poor sides.'

Or is this just the standard response of somebody who is disappointed by the scoreline?

2,846 isn't that bad for London against Widnes either.

Well said, MD!

There are far too many in our game who accentuate the negative.

And can we please get over this fixation with crowds. London and Salford only get small crowds. Get over it! By all means look at crowds when it comes to licensing, but until then, it's just more negativity. Let's drop it.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#79 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Shambolic on the field shambolic off it

On the field London gave away a senseless head high tackle penalty from the kick off and continued in truly Powellewsque vein. Dropped passes, aimless high kicks on the sixth tackle resulting in Widnes possession on the 10 metre line rather than attempting a grubber kick in goal to get another set of six, weak defending, cluless in attack once Gower had left after 20 minutes. A performance summed up by Lovell on his own on left wing with only Jamie O'Callhan near him to his left receiving a long looping pass basically on the try line and knocking on under no pressure at all.
The one bright spot was Luke Dorn with The poacher like Dennis Moran and Mark McLinden before him seemingly having to win the game on his own. This against a Widnes side without Kevin Brown or Gareth Hock.

Less I be accused of belittling the Chemics, the scoreline was a fair reflection of the game and Widnes defended well up to a last 20 minute flurry from the Broncos. This should be a big confidence booster for the club although when the game tape is reviewed the coach may wish to point out the number of points Widnes left on the pitch particularily in the first 15 mins. 18-0 up at the half but in reality London should have been dead and buried by then. And I estimate Widnes travelling support at 800 as well.

Off the field, the club had announced that anyone who had bought a Home / Away MKK shirt in 2012 could have a £ 15 discount for the full sponsored 2013 version. So in anticipation of this and remembering the shambles at the Catalan game last year when the shirts first came out. I got there exactly 38 minutes after the gates had opened at 12.30am, at the sametime as the then tracksuited Gus Mackay. You see the sizes of shirts, Rainjackets etc on display by then was for sizes Small,to Large. I like most Rugby types am XL - 2XL with nothing on display. I ended up with a Bronco Polo. That is of course when the tills were finally able to take credit cards and the line standing to pay snaking around the small showroom. So out of a possible spend of £ 105 the club got £ 30 off me. Now I would like to think that a club without fixed assets and reliant on gate money and merchandise as its only other financial source apart from TV money and its owner would have organised things so that for the first game of the season enough stock would have been on site - and not as the two harrassed staff were saying "boxed upstairs" - and the tills were working so that fans could spend their wedge when optimism is at its highest. That's what I think but this is the London Broncos.. :angry:

A general air of gloom amongst those I spoke to about the long term future.so as I am clutching at straws tonight I do recall London giving Tony Anderson's Halifax side their only win of the season back in bthe 2003 season. London still made the playoffs.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#80 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

Was surprised just how poor London were yesterday. Thats not to deflect any credit away Widnes I thought were well worth the win with
a solid performance. Pretty much the same old story of having so much posession but achieving little. For me only Dorny and Dixon
looked any attacking threat for us, and as already highlighted when we did get to the line invariably blew it.
Looking like a long old season just for a change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users