Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

3 Feb - Championship - Round 1

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Which game are you most looking forward to? (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Which game are you most looking forward to?

1. Voted Batley Bulldogs v Keighley Cougars (6 votes [11.32%])

Percentage of vote: 11.32%

2. Doncaster v Dewsbury Rams (4 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

3. Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions (19 votes [35.85%])

Percentage of vote: 35.85%

4. Hunslet Hawks v Barrow Raiders (10 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

5. Swinton Lions v Workington Town (10 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

6. Whitehaven v York City Knights (4 votes [7.55%])

Percentage of vote: 7.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Championship - Round 1

Discuss the games here.

Batley Bulldogs v Keighley Cougars - KO 2pm
Doncaster v Dewsbury Rams - KO 3pm
Featherstone Rovers v Leigh Centurions - KO 3pm
Hunslet Hawks v Barrow Raiders - KO 3pm
Swinton Lions v Workington Town - KO 3pm
Whitehaven v York City Knights - KO 3pm

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Fax v Sheffield should be interesting.
Fev v Leigh would have been but for a disastrous injury night in the snow last Friday

#3 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

bet THER'E ALL fit for Sunday ! lol

Edited by MADREDNIGE, 28 January 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#4 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

If breaks heal that quickly you will be correct, if we get a fit Finnegan, Aspinwall and Goulden out then I really fancy us.

#5 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Up the Rovers!

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fev v Leigh would have been but for a disastrous injury night in the snow last Friday

The season hasn't started yet and your already making excuses. Just admit it Craig you've tried beating us for ages and you just can't 😄😄😄

#7 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 961 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

Leigh to get 3 figures

#8 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Leigh to get 3 figures

PMSL

#9 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Leigh to get 3 figures

What? All season?
I think even we will do that

Mind you, I think our opener is tricky enough without Widnes 2nd XIII being involved. I wonder if Town will allow players who aren't married to their cousin to play for them?
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#10 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Is it just me or is there a game missing from the list we can vote on? I'm sure Sheffield Eagles are playing on Thursday night? Anyway, that's the one I'm most looking forward to seeing! (It's the only one I'll be seeing, since it's on Premier Sports!) I hope Sheffield can pull off another excellent season although I think they are missing their fullback at present due to off season operation.

It will be interesting to hear how the newly promoted sides go on.

#11 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

Is it just me or is there a game missing from the list we can vote on? I'm sure Sheffield Eagles are playing on Thursday night? Anyway, that's the one I'm most looking forward to seeing! (It's the only one I'll be seeing, since it's on Premier Sports!) I hope Sheffield can pull off another excellent season although I think they are missing their fullback at present due to off season operation.

Halifax v Sheffield is on Thursday night.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#12 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Fev train in the sunshine, Leigh train and play in the snow, and get injuries. Fev usually have our number at home, and away. I am going, and Terry the Fish is reffing

Right, that's all my excuses in :D

Can't wait, and I must say a public thank you to the Fev fan who is giving me a lift from Wakey train station and back (unless we beat em ha ha), and her Wigan husband. They are also, picking up another Leigh fan who is at Hull Uni.

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#13 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Halifax to beat Sheffield on Thursday night.

#14 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 488 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Should be an interesting season in the Championships with the dual registration chaos set to play out.

Fev v Leigh and Fax v Sheffield are the stand out ties for me but I will be looking to see how the four promoted clubs get on as well.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#15 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Whats happened there then?

Cummins Out.

#16 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Whats happened there then?

Well this was the snow....!

Posted Image

#17 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Well this was the snow....!

Posted Image

Frostbite? ;) :D

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#18 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,497 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oops! My error.

Here's a preview of the game instead.

Thursday January 31

Halifax v Sheffield Eagles (7.30pm Premier Sports)

Halifax coach Karl Harrison insists his squad is ready for Thursday’s Championship kick off against champions Sheffield Eagles.Harrison’s men host last year’s Grand Final winners in front of the Premier Sports cameras, seven days after drawing 18-18 with Batley Bulldogs in their last pre-season friendly.
Harrison said: “It’s a big challenge. It’s the first game of the season and both teams will be ready and up for it.
“We’ve been weather affected and we’re maybe a bit behind where we’d like to be, but we’re looking forward to getting going now. We’ve trained ever so well this week.”
On Sheffield, Harrison said: “They’ve had a stable squad for the last few years, built on a big forward pack and few Islanders who can make things happen.
“They’re a very dangerous team, both in the middle and on the fringe, and we’ll be tested defensively right across our line.”
Long-term injury absentees Mick Nanyn and Iain Morrison are Harrison’s only unavailable players.
Eagles travel without Joe Hirst (broken hand), but could include Quentin Laulu-Togagae, who has made a quick recovery from knee surgery last month.
Sheffield coach Mark Aston said: “We planted the flag last year and now it’s time to back it up. It’s going to be tough, because there are a lot of quality teams and there are more games. There’ll be a lot of teams trying to knock you off.
“We enjoyed winning the Grand Final and pre-season has been great, but it’s back to business now.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#19 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

Tough start for Barrow Raiders away to Hunslet/Leeds,I'll be happy with a BP?

#20 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

ThinkFax will beat Sheffield but dont expect them to win a trophy this year. Solid pack and an OK backline but poor 6,7 and 9. No Penkywicz to get them out of trouble, Handforth, Thackray and Ashall are just not up to it and are miles away from the quality of Finn, Ellis, Kain at Fev and Penkywicz, Ridyard, Beswick at Leigh. Fev the team to beat and will put Leigh as the next best. Sheffield will be up there as will Batley. Fax I fear will struggle as the lack of creative skills and the missing magic of Penky will see them lose games they had previously been able to get late wins at. Think top 5 will be

Fev
Leigh
Sheffield
Batley
Halifax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users