SL clubs and debt

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

And that's why clubs have scrapped the U23's. There's no benefit in developing your own players. You can't give them long contracts in case they don't make the grade, but when they do they are open to being poached.

#22 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

New Bradford owner moaning today. The RL hand out for last season didn't go to Bradford but their share was handed out to the other 13 clubs. He has suddenly realised it is dog eat dog and there will be no cooperation to help out when needed. He says we should be a big thriving sport but the attitude is all wrong. He then said that clubs should be run as businesses. Somethiong a few of us have been saying for years. Perhaps he should have looked more closely before handing his brass out.

#23 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

The problem was teams were tapping up the players well before their contracts were due to expire. Instead of letting the clubs the players played for sign them back on or letting other teams know the player would be available. If the latter was in today's game maybe we wouldn't have such financial trouble but like I say that's a big maybe.

Can't agree with that, Gaz. "Tapping up" is nothing to do with this issue. If I was a player and got "tapped up", I wouldn't sign until I'd found out what the existing club had on offer and then I'd choose the best deal.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#24 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Chicken and egg situation. The tappers only have to ask the player what he is getting now and offer him more. The player goes back to his club and says he wants more. In the end the richer club wins. The situation then becomes one of teams paying more than they can afford to retain or sign a player and so the financial situation deteriorates more.

#25 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Ever wondered about how some people get their top positions and they say it is because they have given more than 100%? Here's a clue. Let's say that the 26 letters of the alphabet represent 1-26. Then we get HARDWORK= 98%, KNOWLEDGE= 96%, ATTITUDE= 100%. Very good you say. BUT ######= 103% and ASSKISSING= 118%. So now you know why some people are where they are!
Some people might struggle a bit so HARDWORK= 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11= 98%. GET IT?

#26 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

The crossed out bit is BULLSH..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users