Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Billy Connolly lives in Dopeland

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

If I were you H4e, after watching the highlights of your game in France, I would be more worried that even Widnes reserves would have done better than the right wing combinations you had out. Fleming & Cameron in the 1st half and Fleming & McAvoy in the 2nd half let in 5 very easy tries between them.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#22 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

What warm up games are for Keith,but having only played one with half the team missing then and a run around the park at maryport again where half were missing think you have more to worry about than us,all tough games

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Funny you seem to be the only one worrying about us. I didn't see a lot to be afraid of from your game.

Highlights http://www.dailymoti...n=right&cols=1#

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:56 PM

Don't know why York are bothering to turn up on Sunday........it's going to be soooooo easy for the mighty haven according to some of their deuded lot.......I will be amazed if it is easy, all the promoted teams won't have an easy game all season IMO. But then again I'm just a realistic Town fan who probably isn't aware of the World beating capabilities of our beloved neighbours. B)

#25 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

no easy games i this league especially for the promoted team,yourk have lost 3 key players this week 2 props and a center and look like they will be playing a full compliment of 5 from hull(no need to explain my feelings on that again).Which 5 though and as hull only named their squad today then they will have 1 maybe 2 sessions with the york players so that should play into our favour,you could add one or two to the squad at short notice,but 5 cant be good

#26 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Funny you seem to be the only one worrying about us. I didn't see a lot to be afraid of from your game.

Highlights http://www.dailymoti...n=right&cols=1#

Om my .....did I just see Doran going into a tackle without turning his back :o I'm panicking now :rolleyes:

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

no easy games i this league especially for the promoted team,yourk have lost 3 key players this week 2 props and a center and look like they will be playing a full compliment of 5 from hull(no need to explain my feelings on that again).Which 5 though and as hull only named their squad today then they will have 1 maybe 2 sessions with the york players so that should play into our favour,you could add one or two to the squad at short notice,but 5 cant be good

Ford didn't leave. He was setting someone from Fev up and he will no doubt be Captain of York against you. I expect York to improve on their two wins of last year but you should be able to win being at home.

#28 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

wasnt on about ford keith,Paul king,goddard and thompson all left this week

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Hands up if you think the righteous haven fans will change their tut tutting opinions on dual reg if they get an injury crisis or things are going belly up and they use their Saints link to the full ?

#30 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

If you read my posts you will see I have no problem with DR as it was last season Limted numbers registered and only players under a certain age as development,said this all along ,but registering full squads and players of any age is just to benefit the SL club and keep their players fit.That's what I don't Like about the way it is now

Edited by haven4ever, 31 January 2013 - 12:24 AM.