Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

"The game they play in Hell"

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Just been alerted to this article by Gled. Apologies if it's already posted elsewhere or I shouldn't have brought it to anyone's attention for any reason.

http://thersw.wordpr...y-play-in-hell/

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

Rugby League is the game they play in heaven. That's why Jesus picked 12 disciples and not 14!

#3 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Rugby League is the game they play in heaven. That's why Jesus picked 12 disciples and not 14!

Like that quote, might be an old one? but never heard it before, will be using it at every opportunity!
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,021 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Hell FC and Hell KR.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Hell FC and Hell KR.

Odshell Stadium.

Up yours!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,372 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Just been alerted to this article by Gled. Apologies if it's already posted elsewhere or I shouldn't have brought it to anyone's attention for any reason.

Cheers for that, mate, I hadn't seen it anywhere else.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#7 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,638 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

The Hell-ton Stadium
Helliwell Jones Stadium
Hell-ifax
Hell-and Road
Langtree Farce
RF-Hell

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,021 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Hell FC.

Captained by Gareth Hell-is.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,065 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Rugby League - played in 'Haven and Hull.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#10 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Rugby League - played in 'Haven and Hull.

Now that's good!

#11 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

What a great article! Sums up everything said on here for the past five years.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#12 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I misread your first sentence and thought (briefly!) that you meant the article was written by Gled. :blush: In my defence, he has written stuff for the Bulls' website.

He sent me a text about it, too. At 11pm last night! I am NOT leaving my nice, warm bed to investigate a text message at that time of night. No way, Jose!

BTW, Mick, if you are reading this thread, I'm setting off from Thornaby at about 3:30pm on Friday and should be passing Bradford about 5:00pm. Text me if you're going, I might be able to give you a lift.

edit: Oh yes! A good read, that! Clearly stated detail of the anti RL bias in sections of the media.

Edited by tonyXIII, 29 January 2013 - 06:36 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

BTW, Mick, if you are reading this thread, I'm setting off from Thornaby at about 3:30pm on Friday and should be passing Bradford about 5:00pm. Text me if you're going, I might be able to give you a lift.

I'll start the odds at 100/1 against.....

#14 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

I'll start the odds at 100/1 against.....

He was definitely at the Leeds v Bradford game the other day.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#15 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

That really is good !

#16 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Superb article!

B'hell Vue
Beheadingley
wHELLdon Rd

Kevin SINfield

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

I love Wiltshire Rhino's quote!, just brilliant, :D

Found this in the Urban dictionary.

(Hope the link works!)

Might be worth rolling out a few Tshirts if anyone's interested? :huh:

(No. 91 btw.)

Edited by Old Frightful, 30 January 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#18 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I love Wiltshire Rhino's quote!, just brilliant, :D

Might be worth rolling out a few Tshirts if anyone's interested? :huh:

(No. 91 btw.)

Can I have mine in black with white writing please ;)

I think that all clubs (i.e. Super League) should adopt that slogan - brilliant.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

Great find OF, Royboy great idea, you can be the campaign manager........ But FFS Primrose and blue...... Bar codes are boring :P

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 30 January 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#20 Tonka

Tonka
  • Coach
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

*Does best Ray French voice*

"Now then...what's this?...Iscariot...he's gone to the bin. Ooooooooh, con-tro-vursy here"

"That's poo-er, poo-er play Ray"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users