Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

"The game they play in Hell"

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

I love Wiltshire Rhino's quote!, just brilliant, :D

Found this in the Urban dictionary.

(Hope the link works!)

Might be worth rolling out a few Tshirts if anyone's interested? :huh:

(No. 91 btw.)

Can I have mine in black with white writing please ;)

I think that all clubs (i.e. Super League) should adopt that slogan - brilliant.

I don't know about you two but I wouldn't be very happy about having Judas back in the squad.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#22 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I don't know about you two but I wouldn't be very happy about having Judas back in the squad.

Very good.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#23 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

*Does best Ray French voice*

"Now then...what's this?...Iscariot...he's gone to the bin. Ooooooooh, con-tro-vursy here"

"That's poo-er, poo-er play Ray"

"Christ now, Bethlehem amatuer, steps on top of the puddle, wait, he's going for the wiiiiiiiiiiiiine"

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#24 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

*Does best Ray French voice*

"Now then...what's this?...Iscariot...he's gone to the bin. Ooooooooh, con-tro-vursy here"

"That's poo-er, poo-er play Ray"

"Now, the Captain, Jesus Christ takes the ball up. I remember his dad Joseph, he played amateur Rugby for errr Nazareth Carpenters Rovers, I think...

And he's passed it to Thomas! But Thomas doubts his offloading ability and loses the ball".

"Sim-ple, sim-ple error there, Ray. Why they carry the ball in one hand these days I do not know
."

Edited by Futtocks, 30 January 2013 - 11:17 AM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

This thread is realising a certain amount of potential...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Christ, the captain, has had to come off with bloody pouring from his hands and his forehead, his choice of scrum cap of thorns was a really poor idea. He was trying to copy his idol, Steve Menzies, who has been playing game since AD12.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#27 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Anyway, the whites of Heaven would definitely triumph; because of thier hooker, Wayne God-win...

I'll get me coat.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#28 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Breaking News: Hell RLFC deducted points for having too many players on the pitch. Club coach Beelzebub protests that, technically, his horde of wingers 'Legion' should count as a single player.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#29 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

Wellsy weeps at the kit clash as Hell take to the field for their friendly against Salford.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#30 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 AM

as there is no heaven then hell of course is another lie .
well as long as you dont include the walk down weldon road of course :D
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#31 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

as there is no heaven then hell of course is another lie .

That's what the RFL jokers tell you, I know the ghost of Napoleon and he's there. FACT.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#32 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

After a long and successful career as a forward, Methuselah looks forward to the challenge of his lucrative switch to Rugby Union. "I'm very much looking forward to playing inside centre for England" he said "although it'll have to wait 'til I recover from my knee reconstruction".

In other news, three more Burgess brothers sign for the Rabbitohs. Shem, Ham and Japheth fly out at the end of the week.

#33 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Noah blogs on where Don Fox went wrong in the watersplash final.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#34 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

WWJWBWD.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#35 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

The Philistines have called off the expected war at the end of the year, as they feel an ickle bit tired after sorting out their own domestic conflicts.

Eorl Crabtree admits he wears hair extensions. "I was offered some lovely long locks by this girl called Delilah" he revealed "she said her old boyfriend didn't need it any more".

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I wonder if we could get a team together; Ben Jones-Bishop, Mitch Aichurch, Joe Westernun, Wayne Godwin, James Robe...

Edited by hindle xiii, 30 January 2013 - 01:41 PM.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#37 Just to be clear

Just to be clear
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Rugby League is the game they play in heaven. That's why Jesus picked 12 disciples and not 14!

Just to be clear, Jesus had something like a hundred disciples. He had 12 apostles.

#38 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,583 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Just to be clear, Jesus had something like a hundred disciples. He had 12 apostles.

Sounds like SL and the rest of the game.

#39 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Is that gospel?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#40 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

[canetman mode]You're living in cloud cuckoo land. I have it on good authority from someone who KNOWS WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON that Jesus could only muster 30-odd disciples, FACT))))[/canetman mode]