Thornton

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

I have just read Garry Thorton's comments in the press, (quote) i am happy with the squad, i rember a certain Chris Thorman making a simular statement last season and we all know how that paned out, dont like the way thing are going having to rely on duel reg player to make us a competitive team not happy with the situation at all

ala

#2 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Lets at least play a few league games first before writing the squad off already eh?
Posted Image

#3 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

You know some York fans Gav , eternal pessimists , no wonder they Ouze confidence with support like that when the seasons not even started !!!!!!!!!
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

not happy with the situation at all

What are you going to do about it then?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 jayemm

jayemm
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

I have just read Garry Thorton's comments in the press, (quote) i am happy with the squad, i rember a certain Chris Thorman making a simular statement last season and we all know how that paned out, dont like the way thing are going having to rely on duel reg player to make us a competitive team not happy with the situation at all

ala

I can't believe the negativity, before the season has even started.

#6 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Lets at least play a few league games first before writing the squad off already eh?

First one Sunday who your money on ?

ALA

#7 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

You know some York fans Gav , eternal pessimists , no wonder they Ouze confidence with support like that when the seasons not even started !!!!!!!!!

you aught to no me Barlby never a dull moment

ALA

#8 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

What are you going to do about it then?

dun it made my point

ALA

#9 ala

ala
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

I can't believe the negativity, before the season has even started.

Because the negatives are there in many ways how on earth can you expect to find a winning squad when week in week out you dont know who your playing along side, rugby league is a team game it need to gel, with this duel reg system i just cant see how we will get a settled squad i can not see us puting out the same squad two weeks on the trot as things stand .

ALA

#10 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

Because the negatives are there in many ways how on earth can you expect to find a winning squad when week in week out you dont know who your playing along side, rugby league is a team game it need to gel, with this duel reg system i just cant see how we will get a settled squad i can not see us puting out the same squad two weeks on the trot as things stand .

ALA

We haven't got the funds to do anything else unfortunately. Anyway, I remember a season when we never had the same team from one week to the next and we walked the league.

Give it a few matches and be negative by all means but give them chance at least.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#11 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

I will admit that i can be one of the negative ones on here,but it's just because i'm sick of losing now.However i have said with the new coach arriving that i'll wait to make some sort of judgement after 6 or 7 games.
Some early (guesswork) impressions though.
1.Half back situation looks better this year.
2.If the Hull lads play regularly for us the the 3/4's look good.
3.Full back looks quality.
4.Front row could be a problem against the bigger rougher teams due to lack of size and experience,losing King and injuries to Sullivan,Stencion etc could haunt us early on.
5.A Scott,Golden,Hardbottle back row looks useful.
6.Obvious lack of strength in depth in some areas.
One last obvious statement,we must avoid relegation at all costs,that Championship 1 looks a right graveyard to me!!

#12 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I will admit that i can be one of the negative ones on here,but it's just because i'm sick of losing now.However i have said with the new coach arriving that i'll wait to make some sort of judgement after 6 or 7 games.
Some early (guesswork) impressions though.
1.Half back situation looks better this year.
2.If the Hull lads play regularly for us the the 3/4's look good.
3.Full back looks quality.
4.Front row could be a problem against the bigger rougher teams due to lack of size and experience,losing King and injuries to Sullivan,Stencion etc could haunt us early on.
5.A Scott,Golden,Hardbottle back row looks useful.
6.Obvious lack of strength in depth in some areas.
One last obvious statement,we must avoid relegation at all costs,that Championship 1 looks a right graveyard to me!!

Pretty spot on for me, total over-reaction on here to last weekend, add some Hull FC quality to
what we have & we'll be ok

#13 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

Pretty spot on for me, total over-reaction on here to last weekend, add some Hull FC quality to
what we have & we'll be ok

I would rather have over-reaction than total apathy, at least it shows people care about the team. We need more people on here asking questions, putting forward ideas etc. Its the 1000+ people that used to watch the Knights that I wish would engage with the club again.

#14 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

I would rather have over-reaction than total apathy, at least it shows people care about the team. We need more people on here asking questions, putting forward ideas etc. Its the 1000+ people that used to watch the Knights that I wish would engage with the club again.

You're right we do need more people on here putting forward ideas, thing is they don't. Saying how poorly they think we'll do this season does absolutely nowt does it?

Now, if anyone has any idea to raise money for Squadbuilder, or would like to sign up for a monthly standing order, you know what to do.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

Hope you don't include me under the 'total apathy' banner - I care enough to be on my 11th
consecutive year as a vice president - think its called putting your money where your mouth is..

Edited by shades2, 30 January 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#16 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Hope you don't include me under the 'total apathy' banner - I care enough to be on my 11th
consecutive year as a vice president - think its called putting your money where your mouth is..

Shades, I would never include you under 'the total apathy banner'. The people I mean are those who never attend any of Ian's events, don't contribute to squadbuilder etc. but are the first to stop going to matches because of poor results.
I have been watching York wasps/knights for 40 years this year and try to get to all home matches and some away matches as money allows, however as I live in Halifax and have been unemployed for two years I cannot contribute now as much as I would like.
i just wished that a few more of the glory supporters loved the Knights as much as I do.

#17 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,285 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

Shades, I would never include you under 'the total apathy banner'. The people I mean are those who never attend any of Ian's events, don't contribute to squadbuilder etc. but are the first to stop going to matches because of poor results.
I have been watching York wasps/knights for 40 years this year and try to get to all home matches and some away matches as money allows, however as I live in Halifax and have been unemployed for two years I cannot contribute now as much as I would like.
i just wished that a few more of the glory supporters loved the Knights as much as I do.

Good & very fair answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users