TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

leigh away trip

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

just to confirm another year of coach travel

1st up

leigh away sunday 10th feb

coach starts at stadium with 12noon departure

then garden gate pub 12.15. pub open from 11am many thanks to richard [landlord]

then lastly palace inn

we will call at the greyhound 5 mins from leigh stadium for food and drink

price 12 quid adults

u16s 3 quid

leave leigh apx 5pm return to hunslet

bookings taken this sunday at the barrow game

regards

lenin
hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#2 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

any more takers for the trip sunday

lets shout the team on with plenty of support
hunslet till i die

#3 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

any more takers for the trip sunday

lets shout the team on with plenty of support

You all know the words to Marching On Together?

#4 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yes. The Leeds United song

We've swept the seas before boys and so we shall again

Edited by Penola, 07 February 2013 - 07:57 AM.

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

You all know the words to Marching On Together?

I'm a Chelsea fan so why would i ever sing a Leeds United anthem? :blink:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#6 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just to make the Leeds boys feel at home. You might as well join songs with them, maybe you can ask that awful band that play at headingley to go along to sls.

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just to make the Leeds boys feel at home. You might as well join songs with them, maybe you can ask that awful band that play at headingley to go along to sls.

What awful bands that The Smiths no ta......

#8 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

What awful bands that The Smiths no ta......

Be careful Richard!!!

#9 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

Be careful Richard!!!

Makes me laugh this tho Daz, all clubs have lost a part of there identity someway along the line , if you came from Leeds you were known as a loiner and Leeds RLFC took that name on , but you never here it mentioned now , Rhinos , .........HAWKwind wud be ok in the stand

#10 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

I was a loiner mate never a rhino though. I think it's a disgrace what is happening at Hunslet and a lot of the lower league clubs.

Do the fans still sing "we hate rhinos" hmmmm

Edited by number9, 08 February 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#11 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

I was a loiner mate never a rhino though. I think it's a disgrace what is happening at Hunslet and a lot of the lower league clubs.

Do the fans still sing "we hate rhinos" hmmmm

A lot of clubs either do this or fold , but the people to blame for this is the RFL , they've caused this and by the end of the season they'll be reviewing it and seeing were they went wrong again , i feel for clubs like Fev , who are doing a lot of work on and off the field and for the RFL to keep putting 2 fingers up at em , I did'nt hear any chants sunday , but to be fair , i thought i was at Woodstock , B)

#12 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

If rumours are to be believed then a 2 tier super league format consisting of 10 clubs in each will be introduced next season, everything outside of it will be, dual reg, feeder or a team which ever is politically correct?? Someone also mentioned it on the dual reg thread... will it happen or is it just rumours... only time will tell

#13 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

If rumours are to be believed then a 2 tier super league format consisting of 10 clubs in each will be introduced next season, everything outside of it will be, dual reg, feeder or a team which ever is politically correct?? Someone also mentioned it on the dual reg thread... will it happen or is it just rumours... only time will tell

Red Hall are panicking whats happening , they don't think things through , but if this how its going and your in S/L tier 2 and win your league , i bet they won't promote you unless your ground , fan base , and other matters tick there boxes........

#14 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Double post

Edited by james cunny, 08 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#15 james cunny

james cunny

maximus aurelius

• Coach
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

To be honest I would much rather we use dual reg then spend money we hant got on players to try and compete and put the club at risk last week we had 2 dual reg players in team this week maybe 3 not like were filling team up is it to me it seems no matter what Hunslet do there is always people who think they are doing everything wrong I remember after the Lazenby cup in bar afterwards most people were eager to get Richard Moore on dual reg reckoned we needed a big prop
Hunslet Hawks Champions 2010

#16 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Like I said to you the other day James, it's a difficult position, we don't want to be keeping Leeds players fit, but then again we are a team that has really struggled in this division and so it would be hard to turn down Super League quality players

But I would prefer a helping hand from dual reg than overspend and see the club go to the wall. We can't afford the quality of player that the Fev's and Leigh's of this world can.

I think it says alot about us that we have battled on over the last few years while other teams spent cash they didn't have. Even our elite clubs can't get their own houses in order.

Edited by morley-hawk, 08 February 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:08 PM

James, i wouldn't take this forum as a representation of what all fans think, i havnt really seen any of our supporters (who attend matches regularly) come out and say this is scandalous etc, im never coming back! I think the majority of us realise this is what we have to do to compete. And lets not forget we have only ever played 3 dual reg in our entire history, which is a lot less than many clubs fielded last season even last week.

We will have 2 dual reg on show Sunday, in a squad of 17, and i honestly dont see any issue with that, that is still Hunslet RLFC who will be taking to the field, wearing our kit, coached by our coach, cheered on by our fans.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#18 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I was a loiner mate never a rhino though.

Always wondered where the name "Loiner" came from.........does it have owt to do wi pork chops?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#19 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Always wondered where the name "Loiner" came from.........does it have owt to do wi pork chops?

Ha Ha you won't see a pork chop near Headingley or near your ground either :lol:

#20 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

wont be many at leigh cheering on the players

must say less than 20 adults bothering to use the coach on sunday

12 quid and no increase on cost to travel from last season

must be loads going in cars me thinks.
hunslet till i die

0 user(s) are reading this topic