Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Someone fighting our corner at last!

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#41 petero

petero
  • Coach
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Much appreciated, it hasn't been easy but so far I've got away with it, or at least haven't imposed on Her Maj's hospitality. My strine-ness has had the effect however of disabusing me of the notion that inzidders are super human or indeed remarkable in any way excipt un their cesual dusregaird for vowel prerninciation convuntions.

Take it then that 'IGGS' and bacon isn't a favourite of yours :rolleyes: either?

#42 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

Good stuff!

There are plenty of RU bigots in this country - plenty of room for more RL bigots, like me!

B) B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#43 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Newcastle Falcons full-back praises League

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#44 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,764 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Newcastle Falcons full-back praises League

Very positive. Interesting that he says RU coaches are now looking at RL attacking moves as well as defence.

Edited by Futtocks, 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#45 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Very positive. Interesting that he says RU coaches are now looking at RL attacking moves as well as defence.

I think if you're a unionite under 50 then you actually like League.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#46 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

Go on Gateshead,sign him up!

#47 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

http://www.mirror.co...s-takes-1563667

We need these rebuttals in our world cup year as i fear we will be a major target come October!

Well in Nigel

That article is much worst than what Jones is claimed to have said about the respective international profiles of RU in comparison with other codes of football (which I might add is true). This guy is a bit of a fool if he thinks the 6N games from last weekend were dull.
Fides invicta triumphat

#48 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Look at the date of the posting Sev it was before last weekends games?

One article, ok a bit in the Jones stylee, but RL has about 1,000 more articles like this to write to get parity in the last decade.

Simon Barnes anyone? Another one who predicted the death of League before now once union went more honest

#49 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,036 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Look at the date of the posting Sev it was before last weekends games?

One article, ok a bit in the Jones stylee, but RL has about 1,000 more articles like this to write to get parity in the last decade.

Simon Barnes anyone? Another one who predicted the death of League before now once union went more honest

Fair enough, but last weekends games ad many more like them just goes to show this guy is talking rubbish. He does seem to be the RL version of SJ but a lot less subtle and writing for a tabloid.
Fides invicta triumphat

#50 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

Fair enough, but last weekends games ad many more like them just goes to show this guy is talking rubbish. He does seem to be the RL version of SJ but a lot less subtle and writing for a tabloid.

Trouble is Sev, as far as the 6N goes, last weekend was exceptional.
'Many more like them'.........Hmmm, its like saying there are many more Darren Lockyers in every NW Counties team.

#51 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Simon Barnes likes RL and thinks RU is a dull penalty fest.

#52 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

That article is much worst than what Jones is claimed to have said about the respective international profiles of RU in comparison with other codes of football (which I might add is true). This guy is a bit of a fool if he thinks the 6N games from last weekend were dull.

Fair enough Severus but last year's 6N was pretty turgid with few tries scored and many really scrappy games.

#53 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,273 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

http://www.mirror.co...s-takes-1563667

We need these rebuttals in our world cup year as i fear we will be a major target come October!

Well in Nigel

What an angry little fellow that journo is, it's good to see RL now has it's own version of Stephen Jones.

A cross publication/code spat between a couple of idiots, how refreshing...

28m391z.jpg

#54 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Whereas Jones is an obvious paragon of virtue in his honest and factual assessment of League. Remember, this guy was just responding to yet more rubbish written by Jones on League, whichJones has been doing for literally decades unchallenged. Also, not sure where you are coming from with the broadsheet v tabloid snobbery :huh:

#55 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Its ok, this guy is disliked by RL fans. Honest.

#56 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

What an angry little fellow that journo is, it's good to see RL now has it's own version of Stephen Jones.

A cross publication/code spat between a couple of idiots, how refreshing...

Maybe he's angry over the number of years Jones got to trash RL. I doubt the balance is anywhere close to even just yet.

#57 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,988 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I see what you've done there. Irony à la mode. A tasty dish, best served often.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#58 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Like :rolleyes:

#59 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,036 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Whereas Jones is an obvious paragon of virtue in his honest and factual assessment of League. Remember, this guy was just responding to yet more rubbish written by Jones on League, whichJones has been doing for literally decades unchallenged. Also, not sure where you are coming from with the broadsheet v tabloid snobbery :huh:

I agree that Joes writes rubbish. But to be fair to him, his statement on the state of international RU verses other football codes he mentioned was correct.
Fides invicta triumphat

#60 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,036 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Just reread the article. This guy is clearly an idiot if he thinks Tuilagi is England most dynamic player. :lol:

Edited by Severus, 09 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

Fides invicta triumphat