Hunslet warriors

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I've been hearing a rumour the warriors have been awarded a grant of £50,000 to improve things like the pitch and clubhouse? Is this just all bull or can anyone clarify this? If it is true where did the money come from, who decided they should get it and what are they going to do with it? In these times of austerity I'm sure this money (if it's not fictitious) could have been distributed among the conference clubs in Leeds, I know my club could use a helping hand as most other clubs. If it is all rubbish please accept my apologies.

#2 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I've been hearing a rumour the warriors have been awarded a grant of £50,000 to improve things like the pitch and clubhouse? Is this just all bull or can anyone clarify this? If it is true where did the money come from, who decided they should get it and what are they going to do with it? In these times of austerity I'm sure this money (if it's not fictitious) could have been distributed among the conference clubs in Leeds, I know my club could use a helping hand as most other clubs. If it is all rubbish please accept my apologies.

If they have received a grant, then I would have to say good luck to them. Any Club who has been in the fortunate position to receive funding will I fear have had to put in an enormous amount of time and effort with paper work and research in order to secure such funding.

#3 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

i believe the money came from the RFL to improve the pitch and only the pitch. The date for the work to commence was last monday weather permiting.

#4 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

If its money for the pitch it would not have come from the RFL it would have come from Sport England as part Protecting Playing Fields http://www.sportengl...ing_fields.aspx which in essence is part of the Olympic Legacy which everyone could explore.

There will be other incentives coming out as part of the Rugby league world cup legacy just keep your eyes and ears open

Edited by Wilber, 30 January 2013 - 11:08 PM.

#5 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,856 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

What Barbara said.

rldfsignature.jpg

#6 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

If its money for the pitch it would not have come from the RFL it would have come from Sport England as part Protecting Playing Fields http://www.sportengl...ing_fields.aspx which in essence is part of the Olympic Legacy which everyone could explore.

There will be other incentives coming out as part of the Rugby league world cup legacy just keep your eyes and ears open

On the Warriors juinors website it states following contract agreement between the RFL and the contractors doing the work.The work on the pitch will commence monday the 28th of jan

#7 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

That's correct I believe the money has come from Sport England and as Barbara quite rightly states an awful lot of work will have been put into this by Hunslet Warriors in order to get the funding. Perhaps Loiner you should get your own Committee to work as hard and then maybe your club would be just as lucky. Well done to the Warriors, true amateur rugby league supporters will be pleased for you.

#8 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:25 AM

Believe it or not Sport England try to insist on you using their recommended contractors to complete the works. As the sport in question is Rugby League they shift the responsibility to the RFL to administer so yes they probably have signed an agreement with the RFL to complete the works and Sport England take that as an undertaking to release the funds, all the same its not the RFL's money its tax payers money through sport england funding

#9 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Believe it or not Sport England try to insist on you using their recommended contractors to complete the works. As the sport in question is Rugby League they shift the responsibility to the RFL to administer so yes they probably have signed an agreement with the RFL to complete the works and Sport England take that as an undertaking to release the funds, all the same its not the RFL's money its tax payers money through sport england funding

Just been speaking to the Warriors u14,s coach as he cleaned my window,s and what you say is spot, he said the work started this morning.

#10 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well said Barbara. I know for a fact that there is a small group of people at The Warriors who put alot of their own time (and sometimes money) into improving the club. They give up 2 or 3 evenings a week then and often take time off work to oversee such projects.

So Loiner rather than whining on here, why dont you get applying for such projects rather than simply waiting for somebody to hand it to you on a plate.

#11 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well said Barbara. I know for a fact that there is a small group of people at The Warriors who put alot of their own time (and sometimes money) into improving the club. They give up 2 or 3 evenings a week then and often take time off work to oversee such projects.

So Loiner rather than whining on here, why dont you get applying for such projects rather than simply waiting for somebody to hand it to you on a plate.

Exactly, this money isnt just handed out for nothing. A huge amount of work is required to get even the smallest grant. If your club needs the such a grant Loiner, then the committee need to be putting a proposal together to apply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users