Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Support for insurance withdrawn ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

Can anyone confirm that the RFL has withdrawn its previous support against club insurances. I know that a meeting was held recently. If this is the case it is another bigger burden the clubs will have to endure to survive.

#2 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Can anyone confirm that the RFL has withdrawn its previous support against club insurances. I know that a meeting was held recently. If this is the case it is another bigger burden the clubs will have to endure to survive.

I believe the RFL have withdrawn their support of the BARLA insurance - but the same insurances (including the reduction this time) can be had from the RFL itself.

#3 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Partially true.
There was no support for Open age teams but 90% discount on Youth & Junior premiums for Clubmark GOLD clubs.
Here's the current comparison rates

The fees with BARLA are:-
Personal Accident premium per Open Age team - £231.50
Personal Accident premium per Youth and junior team - £71.50
Public Liability - Per club - £84.80

The fees with the RFL are:-
Personal Accident premium per Open Age team - £199.35
Personal Accident per Youth and junior team - £61.60
Public Liability - Per club - £84.80

#4 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Has an individual or a club ever successfully made a claim on their BARLA insurance?

rldfsignature.jpg

#5 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

This type of insurance on both schemes only pays out in reality for the worse case scenario ie god forbid if a player ends up disabled , which thankfully is a rare event.
Players take out personal insurance to cover for loss of wages for broken bones etc.