Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Chairman

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

is

http://www.dailymail...e-chairman.html
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Wonderful, the answer is to appoint another guy who has probably never seen a game of Rugby League in his life and almost certainly never put a penny piece into the game! Ah well, even though we've no title sponsor for Super League it's welcoming to know we're no worse off financially than we were last season eh?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I was at in the row behind him on the british airways flight back from the South Africa world cup - he was in the last row of business class and me at the front of steerage. I was reading David davies' book FA confidential about the life and times of Sven and the boys (and girl) at lancaster Gate and Mr Barwick does not come out of it well! Felt like asking him to autograph it!

#4 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

I was at in the row behind him on the british airways flight back from the South Africa world cup - he was in the last row of business class and me at the front of steerage. I was reading David davies' book FA confidential about the life and times of Sven and the boys (and girl) at lancaster Gate and Mr Barwick does not come out of it well! Felt like asking him to autograph it!

He'll fit right in then!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#5 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:33 AM

He is a scouse, and does have an interest in Rugby League, even if until now it was not professionally.

I don't think it is altogether a disadvantage to have no R.L. history in this post, he will have a fresh pair of eyes to look at the game.

He may surprise us all
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#6 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

He is a scouse, and does have an interest in Rugby League, even if until now it was not professionally.

I don't think it is altogether a disadvantage to have no R.L. history in this post, he will have a fresh pair of eyes to look at the game.

He may surprise us all

Got to agree that a new broom can quite often bring new ideas to our game and it certainly needs some real help at the moment. Having previous experience and knowledge in a certain sport or career is no guarantee of success. The persons that need a RL background are the directors and administrators of their respective clubs and the coaches to get on with managing the players. It is these directors etc that actually make or break a club by making the correct decisions rather than making "well meaning" decisions that ultimately can lead to financial disaster.
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#7 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

And his track record at the FA was . . . . . . ?

The place was an absolute shambles.

Yes I hope he transforms the administration of the game to bring itinto the new millenium. But there is nothing in his track record to suggest he will.

Incidentally does anyone know what he has been doing since leaving the FA?

#8 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 509 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Since 2008 when he left the FA under a cloud he has been "professor of Strategic Management" on the football MBA at the university of Liverpool. He is not the only non qualified person in that graduate programme though - one of his colleagues is ex Liverpool player Phil Thomson. Obviously you dont need strong academic credentials or track record to be part of that Post graduate degree programme!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users