Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

team for Swinton

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

It has been Keith!

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

It has been Keith!

So when can we expect to see him playing?

Just been on the Widnes website and they are saying that Decl Hulme will make his Town debut on Sunday but there's no mention of the 2 forwards!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

ye both stacky and carter are a bad fettle will see if they are ok tomorrow at training

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

I have heard there waitin to see is Brett can play cause he is ment to be ill

bretts playing
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

We need to get playing sharpish before we have no players at all !!!! The off seasons a hell of a dangerous time !

#26 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just looking at the 19 man Swinton squad to meet us and it contains 7 dual registered players including Paul Wood, Tyrone McArthey, James Laithwaite, Ryan Shaw, Glen Riley, Bridge (brother of Chris) and Ormsby. As you can only play 5 dual registered or loaned players it seems silly to name so many in your 19.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

they must be struggling for numbers as much as we are.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#28 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Are any of them any good?

#29 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Even Ryan McDonald could kick a goal ask the jam ha

#30 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Those are good players Keith . Swinton have really exploited this link up to the full . With a small squad signed up they've obviously planned the season around this to a degree more than anyone . Critics denigrating the system will look at them firstly. Not sure how it benefits they're long term club development.

Edited by DavidM, 01 February 2013 - 04:11 PM.

#31 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

It'll be interesting to see how paul wood goes. Whether his heart will be in it or not etc. I expect the championship will be more his level as i've long thought he wasn't good enough for super league. Still wasn't expecting it though

#32 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

My eyes are not as good as they used to be, but I'm sure that Paul Wood is named in both the Swinton squad and the 19 man squad for Warrington!

#33 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

True it's in sky sports and I thought if you were in the squad you couldn't play, amor was like that a lot with the jam a few years ago

#34 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Watch out for glen riley if he plays he,s from cleator moor and is one big lump

#35 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

Charlo said on radio Cumbria stack is out,but it said thacks could play due to a RFL error

Edited by haven4ever, 01 February 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#36 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Brilliant! If Thacks is half as pleased as I am we are in for some display on Sunday

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,332 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

When is Acton clear then ?

#38 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Don't think his has changed, it said they were waiting for confirmation but thacks could play due to RFL error

#39 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

No doubt the six Swinton players had contracts with Warrington which would have to be cancelled. I wonder did the players have any choice thereafter as I would have thought Ryan Shaw was happy at Barrow last year and no doubt would have liked to have played for them again this year. The RFL should be looking in to these things but they probably wont.

#40 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ys stack ouy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users