Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Lets prove them wrong raiders.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Losing their link with Warrington, Barrow Raiders will be playing to survive in the higher division. Swinton’s deal with the Wolves has left Barrow on their own. This leaves a greater onus on head coach, Darren Holt, as he fine tunes the squad for their return to the Championship. The signing of Kurt Haggerty from Widnes Vikings is positive as are those of Dean McGilvray and Danny Jones but you sense that the Raiders will be in a relegation battle this year.

#2 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

That site needs to employ some researchers as it looks to me like they have read last years table and based their article on that :o Maybe somebody should tell them that quite a few of this squad have played at this level before and some of them were in the 2009 grand final winning team!!!!

Edited by Plan of Attack, 30 January 2013 - 09:42 PM.

#3 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

lol where's that from? Crazy as bookies have us as 6th.

Edited by Blue moon, 31 January 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#4 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

That site needs to employ some researchers as it looks to me like they have read last years table and based their article on that :o Maybe somebody should tell them that quite a few of this squad have played at this level before and some of them were in the 2009 grand final winning team!!!!

Can you name the players that remain from the 2009 Grand Final winning team?

#5 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

From the 2009 squad, the players still here are :-
HARRISON
NIXON
CAMPBELL
BUTLER
LARKIN
FINCH

Apologies if I've missed any !

Posted Image

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

lol where's that from? Crazy as bookies have us as 6th.

I don't know if you will finish 6th but I think you will be the best of the 4 that have come up so I doubt you will go down. As long as you stay up that's a big achievement with just being promoted and if you make the top 8 that's fantastic for your first season but good luck for the season guys and I'm glad your building on your own and not with a SL club.

#7 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

The info was taken from the season preview on love total rugby

Nice one thundergaz

Sp1der

Edited by Sp1der, 31 January 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#8 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Get Nico BACK!
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#9 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Yes lets get Nixon back and also Bret

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,849 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

We won't get relegated IMO, we have enough quality which is going to be available every week unless they're injured to stay up. I think having a hard working squad who all know eachother and have good chemistry will be so valuable in a league as competitive as this. I think we may just sneak into the play offs if we get lucky but I don't think we'll be in the bottom four.

Its going to be hard to call where we finish but one thing we'll know is that we will get 100% out of the squad and they will play their hearts out which is something we seemed deprieved of during our last couple of seasons in this league. All I can say is roll on sunday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users