Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

sky bet?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Iv justed looked on the betting for our league this season....

The betting goes, bottom hunslet 100-1, SWINTON 66, York 66, doncaster 50, whitehave 50,Dewsbury 40, Keighley 33, and Worthington 28!

The cheak of it! OR have i missed something, surely all 4 promoted teamx are not above us

???
Wayne

#2 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Odds checker have us finishing bottom

#3 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

"Perhaps we should have a twenty on which side finishes higher."

Our own fans like to bet against us so its of no surprise.

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

Well I'm very confident we won't be involved in any relegation battle!

#5 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

To be fair they normally go off the amount of money put on each team. the chances are that we have not had a penny put on us so they can offer silly odds as they aren't going to lose anything.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#6 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Oh and its easy to bring the odds in just pop a few massive accys on and have Swinton involved. the bookies will soon bring us in.
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#7 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

The chaps on RLFans.com have also predicted a 13th place finish for the Lions.

A betting shop is no place for sentiment. My cover has been blown! As is clear from the odds above, evens for Barrow to finish above Swinton would have been a very good deal, Mark. Ah well.

My feeling is Barrow will finish around the middle of the league, probably edging into the top half. The other 3 promoted sides are more likely to be scrapping it out in the bottom half - of them I think Whitehaven will have the biggest struggle.

Hunslet were very poor for the bulk of last season (still beat the Lions at the LSV in the Northern Rail though), but they were hampered by a huge amount of injuries and the context was different with no relegation to worry about. The key for them is whether Barry Eaton can engineer improvement now he's had a reasonable amount of time. My feeling is they will be more competitive this season.

York look sure to be in the relegation battle. I'd be very surprised if they finish above the bottom 4.

About 8/9 victories ought to ensure survival, I don't think 4 wins added to bonus points will be enough this time. Its important to start well, Sunday is the sort of fixture that needs to be won. Stack is a quality player, but Workington will have a few of their better players missing for this one.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#8 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:35 AM

PS If there is to be a surprise candidate towards the foot of the table it might be Keighley.

They've lost JD, Sam Obst and Michael Korkidas since last year.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.