Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I am simply seeking clarification here, nothing more.

In this week's League Express they printed a concise list of the new regulations in place for this season. In that it stated that "Only those clubs with a signed partnership agreement, approved by the RFL, may dual-register players between themselves. Clubs who are not in an official partnership cannot dual register players. However they may still loan players". I assume that under these regulations Batley can only dual-reg players from Huddersfield.

In the club by club guide in the same edition of the paper it says that Dan Fleming is dual-reg with Castleford and Alex Walmsley is dual-reg with St Helens; these seem to be contrary to the stated regulations.

Have I misunderstood these regulations/has LE got it wrong/or is there another innocent explanation?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

You are right bsj , we signed those 2 in sept/oct , before the new rule was brought in , thiink it was december when that was announced , pre existin dr stand but we cant bring in anyone new , bit of good work by JK in my opinion , he knew it was coming in and got these 2 signed up early

#3 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

You are right bsj , we signed those 2 in sept/oct , before the new rule was brought in , thiink it was december when that was announced , pre existin dr stand but we cant bring in anyone new , bit of good work by JK in my opinion , he knew it was coming in and got these 2 signed up early

Thanks BB. It did occur to me later that these were signed before the announcement. Well done on beating the system!

It also says that dual-reg arrangements can only be made with SL teams yet some of the clubs in the Championship have announced arrangements with C1 clubs. Do you know how this will work?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#4 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

The thing that gets me BSJ is what happens if a SL club send 5 players over and the coach decides he doesn't want to play them? I know this wont effect teams like dews and batley that much because the distance to travel for the players isn't that far at all but I meant for teams like haven and Widnes etc where the traveling all that way and not getting a game won't make betts happy or any other SL coach for that matter. I just wonder if the Champ clubs are going to be made to play certain players some weeks.

#5 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

The thing that gets me BSJ is what happens if a SL club send 5 players over and the coach decides he doesn't want to play them? I know this wont effect teams like dews and batley that much because the distance to travel for the players isn't that far at all but I meant for teams like haven and Widnes etc where the traveling all that way and not getting a game won't make betts happy or any other SL coach for that matter. I just wonder if the Champ clubs are going to be made to play certain players some weeks.

Don't you worry about if Gaz - it doesn't affect Fev remember?

It's a hypothetical question which a number of championship coaches have attempted to answer already by making clear they pick the team and that players involved must have been at training with them during the week prior to the game. Let's see how it works before worrying about what-ifs eh?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#6 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

Don't you worry about if Gaz - it doesn't affect Fev remember?

It's a hypothetical question which a number of championship coaches have attempted to answer already by making clear they pick the team and that players involved must have been at training with them during the week prior to the game. Let's see how it works before worrying about what-ifs eh?

It was a genuine question BSJ as I didn't know the answer no ill feeling intended what so ever. I just wondered what the situation was that's all. Thank you for the answer though very much appreciated BSJ.

#7 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

It was a genuine question BSJ as I didn't know the answer no ill feeling intended what so ever. I just wondered what the situation was that's all. Thank you for the answer though very much appreciated BSJ.

Do you mean on the day or ever? I believe that once this system settles in, the same players will get games if they are good enough. Therefore they will know if they are playing on a regular basis. I guess the argument is what if there is a difference of opinion between coaches as to abilty of players. The coaches will pick the best players for the job. John Kear has publically stated this week that he will do exactly that, wherever they come from, as it is the system we have and he wants Batley to win within that system.
As for me, I am still uneasy about the whole thing but am willing to see how it turns out as the season progresses.

Edited by distantdog, 31 January 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

As for me, I am still uneasy about the whole thing but am willing to see how it turns out as the season progresses.

I reckon that sums up my feelings exactly DD.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I reckon that sums up my feelings exactly DD.

I am not sure any of us have any other option BSJ. My only addition is that the past has proven that MS and KN have done the very best for their clubs to ensure they survive in a pretty hostile environment, and cannot see this being any different.

#10 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Lets hope in a couple of seasons, when this arrangement settles in, it is not mandatory for these players to be picked!

I`ve got a nasty feeling this is where we are heading.

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Yeah, sorry. A bit snappy nowadays I guess - pre-season tension maybe. There are a lot of what-ifs that we could ask, and some are a bit scary, but we just need to see how it pans out.

I have said before that i fear this is the thin end of the wedge, and i do hope that I'm shown to be completely wrong and that it turns out to be an excellent idea all round.

Maybe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Yeah, sorry. A bit snappy nowadays I guess - pre-season tension maybe. There are a lot of what-ifs that we could ask, and some are a bit scary, but we just need to see how it pans out.

I have said before that i fear this is the thin end of the wedge, and i do hope that I'm shown to be completely wrong and that it turns out to be an excellent idea all round.

Maybe.

It's ok BSJ but pre season tension? You beat fax didn't you in pre season? I'd hate to see what you would be like if fax beat you by 50 in the pre season gameπŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Edited by thundergaz, 31 January 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#13 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Thanks BB. It did occur to me later that these were signed before the announcement. Well done on beating the system!

It also says that dual-reg arrangements can only be made with SL teams yet some of the clubs in the Championship have announced arrangements with C1 clubs. Do you know how this will work?

I'm not aware of any CC/CC1 link ups?

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Non-Dewsbury
  • 3,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm not aware of any CC/CC1 link ups?

You don't have an arrangement LTS? We have planned in advance and arraged to send any dross to Dewsbury next season when they are in CC1

THIS IS WHAT CENSORSHIP LOOKS LIKE!!

Favorite film - "Silenced by the Lambs"

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

You don't have an arrangement LTS? We have planned in advance and arraged to send any dross to Dewsbury next season when they are in CC1

So you are saying your coach is signing dross ? :o

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,214 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

So you are saying your coach is signing dross ? :o

Bazinga!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users