Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Alex Walmsley

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

The beast isnt in the saints squad this weekend.

I hope John Kear picks him. Just what we need.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Agree 100%. Alex needs game time and is bound sooner or later to get into the Saints first team squad so we need to play him while we still can.
He should be even better than last year with the preseason at StHelens behind him and full time training. Go Beast!

#3 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 503 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Bring on " THE BEAST" wish he was playing for us this season. Best forward at the club since Tommy Martin, and Sonny Wakerou a true line breaker.

Edited by greavesy, 31 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#4 dogga

dogga
  • Coach
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

have heard he is on the bench sunday
union whats that?

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

He is currently 18th man for Saints on Saturday so could still be released for Batley on Sunday

#6 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

I'm not sure about the injuries, but looking at the squads:

Walmsley is not part of the 19 man squad according to the Saints website, http://www.saintsrlf.../news/page/2714

Flemming isn't in the Cas line up for there game against Warrington either http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2808,

and these lads aren't in the Huddersfield line up

· 14 Michael Lawrence - SR, CE

· 17 Ukuma Ta’ai - PR, SR

· 20 Jacob Fairbank - PR, LF

· 22 Anthony Mullally - PR

· 23 Matthew Dawson - WG

· 24 Josh Johnson - PR

· 25 Peter Aspinall - LF

· 26 Nathan Mason - HK

· 27 Ben Blackmore - SH

· 28 Jake Connor - CE

·

I reckon we'd look pretty formidable with Walmsley and Flemming in the side, and Lawrence in place of Faal/Esders wouldn't go amiss either. :)

Edited by DOGFATHER, 01 February 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

I'm not sure about the injuries, but looking at the squads:

Walmsley is not part of the 19 man squad according to the Saints website, http://www.saintsrlf.../news/page/2714

Flemming isn't in the Cas line up for there game against Warrington either http://www.castigers...cle.php?id=2808,

and these lads aren't in the Huddersfield line up

· 14 Michael Lawrence - SR, CE

· 17 Ukuma Ta’ai - PR, SR

· 20 Jacob Fairbank - PR, LF

· 22 Anthony Mullally - PR

· 23 Matthew Dawson - WG

· 24 Josh Johnson - PR

· 25 Peter Aspinall - LF

· 26 Nathan Mason - HK

· 27 Ben Blackmore - SH

· 28 Jake Connor - CE

·

I reckon we'd look pretty formidable with Walmsley and Flemming in the side, and Lawrence in place of Faal/Esders wouldn't go amiss either. :)

Lawrence is out for three months.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

That squad was listed after training Wednesday night, he's in the squad today, i know the Saints photographer and he says he was named in the squad on Thursday night

#9 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Double Post.

Edited by Philius T Wilderbeest, 02 February 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#10 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:09 AM

The 'Lawrence' part of this post is pretty ridiculous.
I'm all in favour of us using the dual registration system properly as we have done in previous years and will hopefully continue to do so with Walmsley and Fleming - who were both announced as our seasonal dual registration signings some time ago.
The concept of taking players like Lawrence and Ukuma T'ai - or whoever isn't in the Giants XVII on any given weekend, is a pretty sickening proposal in terms of the need to maintain our dignity and independence as a club.
Both Ayden Faal and Ryan Esders (he's left the club, by the way) are good players. More importantly, they're OUR players.

Edited by Philius T Wilderbeest, 02 February 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#11 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

That squad was listed after training Wednesday night, he's in the squad today, i know the Saints photographer and he says he was named in the squad on Thursday night

spoke to alex today and he ain't in the squad there just let him be around for experince for future weeks and may well be at the mount if selected by jk

#12 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

spoke to alex today and he ain't in the squad there just let him be around for experince for future weeks and may well be at the mount if selected by jk

Looking forward to seeing Alex back in the Batley team tomorrow. If fit and available he's got to be in the Batley 17 everytime.

It is looking like John Kear is going to have selection headaches all season .Tomorrow John will have to leave out players who have played well in the three warm up games and this is without selecting any Huddersfield players or Fleming.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#13 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

How does this thing work regarding training. Do the players train with there own club and just turn up match day for Batley if selected by your coach because if that's the case you will never get a settled team to play will you

Edited by jt, 02 February 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#14 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

How does this thing work regarding training. Do the players train with there own club and just turn up match day for Batley if selected by your coach because if that's the case you will never get a settled team to play will you

I think every one at Batley still classes Alex as a Batley player , we will have known he wasnt in the saints squad by wednesday , and I would presume he then trains with batley wed night and friday night for selection , as with all dual reg players

Edited by Batley Bob, 02 February 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#15 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Simple question here i know he used to be your player but how can you lot get him on dual reg when the rules are you can only go dual reg with the team your linked with which my team (haven) and rochdale are twinned with saints its not sour grapes just wondering how you got round it ??

#16 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,587 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

Simple question here i know he used to be your player but how can you lot get him on dual reg when the rules are you can only go dual reg with the team your linked with which my team (haven) and rochdale are twinned with saints its not sour grapes just wondering how you got round it ??

We dual registered him with Saints when the initial deal was made with them. This was before the RFL dictat about only dual registering with one club. The RFL have stated that deals made before this will still stand.

#17 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

We dual registered him with Saints when the initial deal was made with them. This was before the RFL dictat about only dual registering with one club. The RFL have stated that deals made before this will still stand.

ok pal sounds ok looks a bit of a beast mind wouldnt have minded him for a few games

#18 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,139 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Ah right, knew he was with them, Watching the Saints game tonight, dire performance from their forwards, Alex might just make his debut for them sooner than anticipated

Suprised no one has mentioned this article about Alex http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/21261372

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

The 'Lawrence' part of this post is pretty ridiculous.
I'm all in favour of us using the dual registration system properly as we have done in previous years and will hopefully continue to do so with Walmsley and Fleming - who were both announced as our seasonal dual registration signings some time ago.
The concept of taking players like Lawrence and Ukuma T'ai - or whoever isn't in the Giants XVII on any given weekend, is a pretty sickening proposal in terms of the need to maintain our dignity and independence as a club.
Both Ayden Faal and Ryan Esders (he's left the club, by the way) are good players. More importantly, they're OUR players.

Why has esders left ?

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,476 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Why has esders left ?

Work commitments I understand.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users