• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

There has been no bigger critic than me of "twinning" between clubs, but in actual fact it is a paper exercise. The bottom line is that no SL team is going to release their top players to the championship, and if they did, because theyare effectively hired, the club concerned couldn't afford them - how much do you reckon sam tomkins would cost to hire ? It seems to me nobody has much of a problem with DR (fev did it last year) except when they are from one club. Some fev supporters will boycott the rams match tomorrow, and that is their perogative, but there will only be two bulls players in the team tomorrow, neither of whom are any better than what we have already, so fev certainly won't be playing against the full bulls squad. Personally I am against more than two or three DR's being allowed at any one time per club, but having said that, one of the two signed up for us at the beginning of last season never got released, which put us at a disadvantage. Now I am going to throw something else into the mix - could it be that fev, like fax, are not going down the same route as us "lesser" clubs because they have genuine SL aspirations, aspirations that could not be realised if they were merely a SL clubs #####. I therefore would suggest that DP's objections are more pragmatic than moral.

then you are wrong.
And I don't know anyone who intends boycotting the game this aft.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#62 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Daryl will be over there this aft. He's a very likeable and approachable chap who makes the time to talk to anyone. For clarification on your assumption grumpyone, just ask him. He'll explain his feekings in depth directly to you should you wish. If that's not convenient to you I guess its down to folks like me on public fora to put over my own views, which do resonate with daryl and the fev bod

#63 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:01 AM

Hmmm would Fev have taken the services of some duel reg players in their dark days before they were relgated to the lowest div (not too long ago)?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#64 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,924 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

Hmmm would Fev have taken the services of some duel reg players in their dark days before they were relgated to the lowest div (not too long ago)?

I bloody well hope not. I would sooner have seen us play juniors or locals rather than have gone down that route .
I cant obviously say what the then board would have done. But my opposition to it would have been equally as vociferous to it as I am now.

#65 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

then you are wrong.
And I don't know anyone who intends boycotting the game this aft.

DD I would stop watching Fev if we became involved in the DR system that's going on and I've watched Fev for over 25 years. I'm that angry with it that I feel that strongly against it that I'm not going to the away game tomorrow and I haven't missed one game away or home in 25 years. I am totally against it and If I attend tomorrow and pay the attendance fee to watch my team I feel like I would be supporting the DR system and I just can't bring myself to put my hand in my pocket and give it to a SL A team. I might change my mind after missing the game as I might miss not attending the game but it shouldn't have come to this IMO.

Presumably you don't know him then ? :lol: Look Robin, I'm not having a go - FWIW we are, for different reasons on the same side with regard to DR, but the argument holds good, fev need to remain independent to have a chance of SL, and some clubs can't hope to compete with the likes of fev when it comes to attracting top championship talent, which more or less gives the big three a monopoly. For instance Steve cossley did not want to leave the rams, but was offered more than double what we could afford by fev, and I have no reason to believe things will be any different next year. If it turns out that our DR's are any good, and surplus to requirements at Bradford, you'll have the opportunity to sign them for 2014 without leaving the rams faithful feeling shafted. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users