Photo
- - - - -

Extraordinary Game on the Edge - Independent SL Preview (merged threads)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 659 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

http://www.independe...ge-8476081.html

Nice to get a double page spread in the nationals, but it seems very negative to me. Every positive has some sort of snide comment to follow it up with.

I can't seem to find the bit that shows the debt/loss fugures for football or Union.

Is holding out for a bigger sponsor a bad thing? I think it does make us look a little weak, but if we suddenly unvail a big cash deal and name in a week or two then it is worth the game of poker rather than being given away for free.

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

it seems very negative to me.

It's in line with everything Hadfield has had in the Indy about league for at least the past year.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

Seems to be a common theme in all thats been written in the lead up to SL this season.. which is even more annoying as we seems to have more to be posistive about at the start of this season than most others. Bizarrely the Daily Mail piece on another thread seems to be be themost positive i've read yet.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 southernsofty

southernsofty
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:06 AM

Super League returns: 'Extraordinary' game living on the edge

#5 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,618 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Flippin' 'eck! Video top-right shows Riley bigging up the game! Now..if only he did that when he was on Radio Five!

#6 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,300 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

What has happened to Dave Hadfield?!.. always so negative these days..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#7 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

RL journalists living down to their reputation for doing the game damage whilst making a living from it. Cue Mr Sadler.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#8 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

The league needs to look at every possible avenue to make and save money. Trial matches of 12 a side with out the position of loose forward for example and only three interchange players instead of four posible saving of two players salaries. Have four quarters of twenty minutes instead of two halves of forty could be looked at and trialled . Could this increase tv advertising revenue in turn making our tv deal worth more ? Also would grounds sell more drinks and stuff with extra breaks in the game ? Another idea although a rule change one should the clock be stopped automaticly every time the ball goes dead ? We fans must loose at least five minutes match time waiting for scrum to form . Another possible few rule changes could be 5 tackles instead of six could stop some of the blow out scores as the poor sides have a poorer completion rate so loosing one tackle each set wouldnt effect them as much as the better sides so may even the game a bit more. Also drop the value of a try down to 3 points could make games closer . I ve got my body armour on ready for replies but these are only ideas for discusion.
Chief Crazy Eagle

#9 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

The league needs to look at every possible avenue to make and save money. Trial matches of 12 a side with out the position of loose forward for example and only three interchange players instead of four posible saving of two players salaries. Have four quarters of twenty minutes instead of two halves of forty could be looked at and trialled . Could this increase tv advertising revenue in turn making our tv deal worth more ? Also would grounds sell more drinks and stuff with extra breaks in the game ? Another idea although a rule change one should the clock be stopped automaticly every time the ball goes dead ? We fans must loose at least five minutes match time waiting for scrum to form . Another possible few rule changes could be 5 tackles instead of six could stop some of the blow out scores as the poor sides have a poorer completion rate so loosing one tackle each set wouldnt effect them as much as the better sides so may even the game a bit more. Also drop the value of a try down to 3 points could make games closer . I ve got my body armour on ready for replies but these are only ideas for discusion.

You are a brave man.

I think six tackles is about right. It needs to be sufficient to get a team near the opposition line otherwise it's just waiting for a penalty. the reason four tackles was scrapped was because the game became just a mid field slog fest

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#10 superten

superten
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

five tackles might work if 12 a side there would be more space and the game is so much quicker now than when we had the four tackle rule

Edited by superten, 03 February 2013 - 10:50 AM.

Chief Crazy Eagle

#11 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,518 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Nothing wrong with the game just the poor administration at clubs and the RFL. Its this which has hampered the game since 1895. Throwing money away on stupid things and making short term decisions which dont properly solve the problems is why Rugby League is where it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users