Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kevin Sinfield Interview in The Daily Mail

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,258 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

Some interesting observations
http://www.dailymail...eds-Rhinos.html
Enjoy

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#2 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 AM

Also a piece in the sport mag this morning, though nothing really about SL, more about Sinfield.. and of course the traditional inclusion on as many RU references as possible, which i guess is impossible to avoid in that particular publication.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

Nice read. I wish we got more of these kind of articles in major publications - we certainly do for certain other sports.

#4 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,831 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

The on-line edition of the Mail has 6.5 million unique browsers per day, 105 million unique browsers per month. I'm pretty sure this is by far the most read on-line publication by far. How many read their RL articles compared with those who read about Katie Price's breasts, I can't say, though.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,075 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

Also a piece in the sport mag this morning, though nothing really about SL, more about Sinfield.. and of course the traditional inclusion on as many RU references as possible, which i guess is impossible to avoid in that particular publication.

Actually, on the next page after Sinfield's 2-page interview, there's a 'Six to watch' guide (kieran Dixon, Danny Brough, Jodie Broughton, Rangi Chase, Willie Manu & Kallum Watkins). Opposite is a full page advert for the Broncos/Widnes game, pushing the hashtag #backthebroncos. That's in the London edition, anyway.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,075 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 AM

Some interesting observations
http://www.dailymail...eds-Rhinos.html
Enjoy

Good stuff, and in the Mail, too!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

actually thats true.. i forgot about that in my early morning funk!..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#8 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Good article. Sir Kev's profile has really taken a step up since he became capt of England. There are a number of players now that people outside the sport may be aware of, such as Sir Kev, Sam and Ryan Hall.

Younger players coming in to the game can look at them and see that if they reach the top, the can be on the telly, or in the papers, which seems to be important to people these days.

#9 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

Good article. Sir Kev's profile has really taken a step up since he became capt of England. There are a number of players now that people outside the sport may be aware of, such as Sir Kev, Sam and Ryan Hall.

Younger players coming in to the game can look at them and see that if they reach the top, the can be on the telly, or in the papers, which seems to be important to people these days.

There seems to be a new focus from Red Hall regarding the media, don't try and promote the competition itself, promote the personalities, they then promote the competition naturally.

Of course Sinfield, Tomkins etc once set up for this 'face of the game' type profile/exposure will attract the seedier side of journalism out to discredit them.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#10 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 936 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

The video weirded me out a bit. It was like some strange POV dating ad :D

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users