RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sean Casey or Scott Kaighan ?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 LocalRugby

LocalRugby
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Who do we think should be our no.6 for the first game ?

#2 lifer

lifer
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Sean Casey

#3 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hard to say based on the fact that Casey has only played the one game for us, wouldnt mind seein him given a shot, but Kaighan has never let us down yet...

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#4 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Hard to say based on the fact that Casey has only played the one game for us, wouldnt mind seein him given a shot, but Kaighan has never let us down yet...

Really? Kaighan is a constant let down. His kicking is s**** his tackling is s**** I don't understand why he even gets in the team.

#5 dboe747

dboe747
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

hahaha........ LOL

#6 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

I think Scott has a lot to offer and will improve given the chance. His tackling certainly has since he joined Barrow. Not seen much of Sean yet so reserve my comments, however Holty didnt bring him in to sit in the stands...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#7 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

I hope your right Soss, but in all honesty I don't rate him. I hope he can prove me wrong this year.

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

based on in field kicking alone its got to be a Casey start.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I thought that Kaighan's game improved last year when Shaw took over the goal kicking, maybe needs someone else to be taking the conversions again this year.

#10 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

Casey for me ! i just dont rate kaighan at all his goal and positonal kicking last season was at best mediocre and that in a league lower than this season , i believe he's a really nice lad but that dont win games sadly

#11 cath1820

cath1820
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

for me its got to be casey, as i just dont rate kaighan, plus we do need a decent in field and goal kicker,plus tackler on the pitch,

he is a plesant enough lad as he always speaks, but being plesant does not keep us in the league,sorry scott.

#12 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

As a hunslet fan hoping you pick kaighan, Based on the comments here.

#13 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

The coaching staff have kept Scott on, so I think good luck to him. He can only get better with time. As for his performance last season, didn't we come second in the league and runners up in the play offs. To me he must of played a part in that!!!!!
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#14 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

Casey for me ! i just dont rate kaighan at all his goal and positonal kicking last season was at best mediocre and that in a league lower than this season , i believe he's a really nice lad but that dont win games sadly

for me its got to be casey, as i just dont rate kaighan, plus we do need a decent in field and goal kicker,plus tackler on the pitch,

he is a plesant enough lad as he always speaks, but being plesant does not keep us in the league,sorry scott.

are you two husband and wife?

#15 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Nope lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#16 cath1820

cath1820
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

no we are not .and we were both individuly answering the question that was asked of the supporters on this thread.

#17 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

The coaching staff have kept Scott on, so I think good luck to him. He can only get better with time. As for his performance last season, didn't we come second in the league and runners up in the play offs. To me he must of played a part in that!!!!!

Had he played a better part we'd of finished top and won the final. I was more than surprised the Coach kept him.

#18 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Scotts greatest asset is his backing up of a forward breaking the line...when he plays he should follow Bull or Kurt Heggerty around the field

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#19 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:33 AM

got to be casey, excellent goal kicker, very quick off the mark and never gives up and tackles anybody, watched him for rhinos u20's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users