Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mitch Achurch

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

http://www.mirror.co...achurch-1565360

Does anyone know anything about him?

The article doesn't really show Leeds' recruitment process in a good light, not does it particularly sing the praises of the new recruit............hopefully Mr Hetherington knows better?

#2 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

http://www.mirror.co...achurch-1565360

Does anyone know anything about him?

The article doesn't really show Leeds' recruitment process in a good light, not does it particularly sing the praises of the new recruit............hopefully Mr Hetherington knows better?

He is 24 years old,has played 11 first grade games in his career all for the Penrith Panthers in 2012 all off the Bench.
Penrith came 15th in the 2012 NRL.

If he can stay fit a change of scenery may bring out the best in him.

Edited by AndyCapp, 01 February 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#3 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Not overly impressed with what I saw of him last year but he did always come of the bench.

He may turn out to be a world beater but I just feel its another slap in the face for a young British player.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#4 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I just feel its another slap in the face for a young British player.

That's what I was thinking......to be fair on Leeds they are one of the better teams at encouraging homegrown talent rather than just buying third rate aussies but this report just baffled me really, seemed odd.......clealry I'll be eating my words if he turns out to be a world beater!

#5 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

the bit that worries me is that he could end up in the england squad!! i agree with what chuffer has already said, leeds have one of the best academies in the game yet they are giving a contract to a third rate antipodean, surely there are much better players in the championship over here ala chris hill and alex walmsley.............
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,773 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

I think we should stop feeling sorry for the 'young british' players. If they are good enough they will get in - dont forget the vast majority of SL is made up of British players.

If Achurch turns out to be pants, criticise away.

#7 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Lol.....ok.......

#8 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

on tonights showing he's pants................
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#9 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Didn't even see him!

#10 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

I think Daryl Griffin should have been in the Rhinos 17, esp given that Kylie Leuluai was out.
Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#11 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

send him to hunslet......or home

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#12 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

Not overly impressed with what I saw of him last year but he did always come of the bench.

He may turn out to be a world beater but I just feel its another slap in the face for a young British player.

he qualifies as british as his mother was born in england so in effect he is a good young british player .
as for a slap in the face for britsh players i think you will find that leeds are the last club thatcan be accused of that given the amount of local talent they produce year after year.
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#13 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

He impressed me preseason and the majority of the Panthers fans were sad to see him go. He broke into the team last season and had some good games but then did his shoulder in. All he has done for Leeds is add depth. Look at tonight. He hasnt kept any one out who should be in. He deserves his place after preseason and Clarkson played too keeping Griffin out.

McDermott has shown before too that he doesnt care what your accent is. If you arent good enough to get in the team, you wont play.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users