TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Segregation at Wakey

Wakefield Trinity bovver

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

http://www.wakefield...r-2013/2013/02/

Shame but I think they had a few problems last year- particularly against Cas.

Interesting to see if it means visiting supporters will be turned away- 1800 doesn't seem like that big an allocation.

Edited by ArmchairRhino, 01 February 2013 - 10:52 AM.

There's no dignity in plastic seats

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

It doesn't read like it's a strict segregation, more like "we would prefer you to stand here"

Not necessarily a bad thing if that's the case. Went there for a game last year and struggled to find the away fans as they were all dotted about the stadium (and there weren't that many as it was Catalans)
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

The fact is that loads of grounds have some form of segregation, even if it is just recommended:

Wire, Saints, Wigan, Leeds, Hull, Hull KR, Hudds, Catalan, Widnes, Salford, London and now Wakey all sell tickets for 'away' areas.

Even in the past where there has been no segregation, fans generally flock together.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I've always wondered at Odsal why Hull KR and Huddersfield fans stand down the popular side, no problems with them doing so, it just goes against convention.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:43 AM

they like to bring the mutha-ducking ruckus

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

As I say, as long as it's not enforced, I'm happy with it. I often like to have a wander during the course of a match
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,270 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

I've always wondered at Odsal why Hull KR and Huddersfield fans stand down the popular side, no problems with them doing so, it just goes against convention.

With Hull KR, that's because they've filled the Rooley Lane end and all the banking behind it.

With Huddersfield, it's because it's nearer to his house.
People called Romans they go the house

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users