Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sinfield interview in 'Sport' Magazine

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

For those of you who don't get this free magazine, here's the interview.

He comes across very well, as usual, but there's plenty of drearily familiar boxes ticked by the magazine, from the "League of his own" headline onwards.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

This is the problem with George Riley and his nonsense earlier this week - the £68m and the financial abyss are getting quoted in almost every article written about the game this week.

It's ok John Drake saying it's a 10minute section of a regional programme, it is being repeated everywhere over and over.

Edited by Dave T, 01 February 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,143 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

It got rolled out on the BBC this morning with BJB being interviewed on BBC Breakfast.. ok it was the BBC..

The RFL media bods should be in conversation with all players due to be interviewed by the media and given a heads up on what to say to these questions, instead of just having to almost admit to it being the case..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,144 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

Indeed - you could make a very sound argument that the game at the top level has become more financially sound despite the challenges. Salford, Bradford and Wakefield certainly seem stronger than for a long time.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

Mind you with the predictable questions focussing on Salford and Bradford, at least a positive answer can now be given. If these bums actually did some research before interviewing Rugby League people, they'd be asking about London, or Castleford, both clubs with a future that is not yet sorted out.

Maybe we should be relieved that they just wheel out the same old questions.

Anyway, Sinfield has been pretty much the go-to guy for the media since the Grand Final, and I haven't seen a single article or interview where the journalist in question wasn't impressed by him.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yes. It was a random piece on a regional programme that won't be seen or heard by anyone else. :rolleyes:

Its really weird but I can't find anyone in the mainstream media saying the 6 Nations is rubbish or pointless (not saying it is)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Its really weird but I can't find anyone in the mainstream media saying the 6 Nations is rubbish or pointless (not saying it is)

Not saying, just knowing. ;)

#8 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

so now we know for certain both wigan and warrington missed out on him . whoever that leeds scout was deserves a medal
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users