Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad For Sunday

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

The squad for sunday is on the website and we want no jokes about testicles please.!!!

#2 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

How many of the 19 are Dual registered?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#3 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

6 by my calculations with morrison on loan and maybe riley has signed pernament god knows

#4 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

6 by my calculations with morrison on loan and maybe riley has signed pernament god knows

Does it really matter.
The RL has set the playing field and we are making full use of it rightly or wrongly. if we don't other clubs will.

#5 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

How many of the 19 are Dual registered?

Not totally clear. There are nine candidates. Namely: Ryan Shaw, Jack Morrison, James Mendieka, Danny Bridge, Glenn Riley, Gene Ormsby, Paul Wood, James Laithwaite & Tyrone McCarthy.

However there has been no confirmation whether Mendieka and Riley are on Dual Registration or some other sort of agreement. They simply popped up without prior warning into the side against Leigh in last week's friendly.

On the understanding that the maximum number of Dual Registered players per match in the Championship is supposed to be 5 and at least 7 of the above will need to appear to make up a full 17, perhaps Mendieka and Riley are now contracted to Swinton??? All a bit "cloak and dagger".
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

The rules are that "in any one game the Championship club is only allowed to have 5 dual registered and/or loan players in any matchday 17", so it would seem pointless naming 7.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I thought loan players were separate?

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

I thought loan players were separate?

Not according to the rules as they appear in the RL Express this week (bottom of page 19).

#9 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

DoesThe fact that squad numbers have been allocated to them should say something as to there status.?? Just a question by the way.

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

From what I hear Workinton will have a fair representation of Widnes players.

#11 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Fair play to the club who are simply abiding by the rules but personally I don't like it.Involving established Super League players undermines the integrity of the competition.

#12 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

When was the last time Swinton had a player of wood or mccarthys standard playing for them.

i dont care what you miserable doom mongers say im as happy as a Kidd at Christmas, so to speak. ;-)
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#13 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

From what I hear Workinton will have a fair representation of Widnes players.

Does a maximum of 3 seem fair enough?

#14 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Does a maximum of 3 seem fair enough?

yep because you can do the same as us.

#15 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

We have 23 players who are Workington Town players, from those a minimum of 14 will be playing!

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

According to the Widnes website only Declan Hulme from their club is playing for Town.

#17 LionessTaz

LionessTaz
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

just letting you know that the previously dual regs are now fully registered so the 3 named tonight are our dual regs... according to a tweet by Chris Brierley

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

just letting you know that the previously dual regs are now fully registered so the 3 named tonight are our dual regs... according to a tweet by Chris Brierley

So they have short circuited the system by registering them as Swinton players. When do they go back to being Warrington players again?

#19 wberry

wberry
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Blah blah blah! Who cares, if were getting wood and mccarthy for sundays game im all for it!

Wayne

#20 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Great news
Great signings
Well done to the board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users