Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad For Sunday

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#21 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Mozza, Briers and Atkins in the squad next week. (I wish) .

We always sign the wrong brother.

#22 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 757 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Blah blah blah! Who cares, if were getting wood and mccarthy for sundays game im all for it!

Wayne

mmmm hope some one is taking close look at the notional values for salary cap.

9 Warrington players does rather seem to be pushing the dual registration system
a little far.

We have lots of injuries and suspensions but still won't be using more than three dual
registration players still long as you are happy being Wire feeder team.

#23 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

So I see Warrington reserves might beat Workington at the weekend then . I wonder where swinton lions have gone?

#24 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,573 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Seems I'm the only Swinton fan that doesn't like it! So be it.

#25 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

So I see Warrington reserves might beat Workington at the weekend then . I wonder where swinton lions have gone?

Jealous????? Bore off! hahahaha
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#26 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Its a massive pity Paul Kidd et al cannot be half as effective in progressing Agecroft and general growth of Swinton Lions as they have proven to be in finding loopholes to exploit in these new Dual Registration rules.

Altogether now - "We are Warrington A, we are Warrington A".

Doesn't do it for me, sorry. Its another nail in the coffin of the identity of Swinton Lions.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#27 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Seems I'm the only Swinton fan that doesn't like it! So be it.

Far from it. I hate the whole concept and feel very confident the same will be true of many supporters.

#28 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well please don't bother to come watching then!

Posted Image

#29 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

Jealous????? Bore off! hahahaha

Jealous of being a feeder club? No thanks you can have all the wire players you want. You still won't beat us anyway๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„. By the way what will you be called next season? Salford reserves?

#30 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Just because Paul Wood is in the Squad for Sundays match we get a load of haters. Nobody mentioned anything until todays named squad.

We always sign the wrong brother.

#31 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

if Swinton(notional) win maybe wood`ll just open up his wallet and pay the Swinton Regulars winning Pay himself!

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Just because Paul Wood is in the Squad for Sundays match we get a load of haters. Nobody mentioned anything until todays named squad.

I've got nothing against swinton what so ever is more of the SL clubs taking advantage of the system and the RFL allowing it in the first place.

#33 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

There's positivity for you. After all, Swinton Lions is so awash with supporters that it can easily afford to lose another trenche of them. NOT.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

#34 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

What choice were the six young lads given before signing fully for Swinton? Were they given the opportunity to sign for other clubs as they would all no doubt have had to have had their Warrington contracts torn up.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#35 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

What a joke, makes a complete mockery of rl, no wonder ive lost interest in rl.

#36 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Do you blame some of your fans for not wanting to watch wire reserves/first teamers? Especially your older following who are IMO your true supporters. They want to watch swinton lions not Warrington if they wanted to watch Warrington they would. I'm just so glad we haven't linked up because I would of not watched another Fev game if we had.

#37 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

There's positivity for you. After all, Swinton Lions is so awash with supporters that it can easily afford to lose another trenche of them. NOT.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

You have just pulled out a Borat Not joke! Awesome... NOT!

Do you honestly think that you not turning up will matter in the grand scheme of things? Do you really think you're that important?? If so I am not the one who needs to get a grip on reality!

Posted Image

#38 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Especially your older following who are IMO your true supporters.

30 years man and boy! IYO do I count! oh please say I do!

Posted Image

#39 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

You have just pulled out a Borat Not joke! Awesome... NOT!

Do you honestly think that you not turning up will matter in the grand scheme of things? Do you really think you're that important?? If so I am not the one who needs to get a grip on reality!

We've already got probably a thousand not turning up, is that making a difference - well yes, actually.

This is definitely not the way to entice them back.

The RFL making a joke of itself is nothing new, but Swinton Lions ought to have more to it than prostituting itself in this way. If Swinton Lions has nothing unique about it, what's the point?

The actual team on the park is now 50% a Warrington reserve team! Does that not mean anything to you?

#40 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

30 years man and boy! IYO do I count! oh please say I do!

What I'm trying to say is wouldn't you rather go down being swinton lions than staying up being Warrington wolves? But for what it's worth I don't think you would of been relegated anyway. But I'm astounded that you are all for this especially in theory you could field 11 wire players week in week out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users