Squad For Sunday

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#41 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

What a joke, makes a complete mockery of rl, no wonder ive lost interest in rl.

Hear, hear.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#42 HOLYMOLY

HOLYMOLY
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

No more Swinton,Warrington 'A' team is what I will call you. Enjoy.

#43 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

What a joke, makes a complete mockery of rl, no wonder ive lost interest in rl.

I agree if it wasn't for Fev I would of walked away from the game along time ago. The RFL have/are ruining a very good sport.

#44 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I agree if it wasn't for Fev I would of walked away from the game along time ago. The RFL have/are ruining a very good sport.

So lets not all turn up Sunday and support the "Swinton Lions"

We always sign the wrong brother.

#45 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Do you blame some of your fans for not wanting to watch wire reserves/first teamers? Especially your older following who are IMO your true supporters. They want to watch swinton lions not Warrington if they wanted to watch Warrington they would. I'm just so glad we haven't linked up because I would of not watched another Fev game if we had.

My dads 78 . Hes seen more matches than spelly (nearly)
He thinks its great

If we've signed these players on as our players then what have we done wrong?
Oh I get it we've teamed up with the best run team in the country and for once in all the time I've been a fan we might have a bit of luck

#46 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hear, hear.

Considering youve both lost interest you spend a lot of time on here .... can I remind you gents this a rugby league forum

#47 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Considering youve both lost interest you spend a lot of time on here .... can I remind you gents this a rugby league forum

sorry i dont remember saying it wasnt,just giving my opinion if thats ok

#48 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Fine mate
Youve obviously not lost interest then?

#49 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Fine mate
Youve obviously not lost interest then?

And im not blaming swinton they are just using the DR system to the max, i blame the rfl, who are killing the game outside SL

#50 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Look if come the end of the season we win the league and the play off final, none of you will moan. Well maybe not nobody but you get my drift. Wait and see, its all we can do!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#51 marshy094

marshy094
  • Players
  • 13 posts

Do you blame some of your fans for not wanting to watch wire reserves/first teamers? Especially your older following who are IMO your true supporters. They want to watch swinton lions not Warrington if they wanted to watch Warrington they would. I'm just so glad we haven't linked up because I would of not watched another Fev game if we had.

You say the older following are our "true" supporters...im 18 years old, been going to swinton games home and away since i was 1 year old...does that make me any less of a "true" fan than anyone else...purely because of my age. Yes swinton are using the D/R system to their advantage, and so what if they are, the chance was there for all clubs to use it, and just beacuse we may or may not have warrington players in our squad, we get grief off other supporters. Swinton as a club have done nothing wrong in fielding the side that is suggested in the squad list. If you have a problem with the D/R system go on moan at the RL officials who put the system in place, not a team who is using it to their advantage!

#52 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 236 posts

As a Swinton fan I have looked at both sides of the argument and I would like to make a few points. Firstly to thundergaz , due to the formation of super league the game as become fragmented, not just superleague, championship and championship 1 but also two divisions in the championship. By this i mean that the top five teams in the division which includes the rovers have the pick of the players coming out of super league and in the championship, the reason being that the cream will want to go to the top teams. No problem with that, but it means that the teams at the lower end have a fight on there hands to recruit a standard of player that can compete, d/r gives those teams a chance to even that out a little bit. Now to the d/rs it was stated in our local paper two weeks ago that some of the d/rs were signing on contract probably for 12 months which is the norm in that case they are Swinton players they have signed terms. After there contract runs out if they retun to Warrington then they are free agents to do so.This as happened to Swinton already who signed Higson from Leigh on a 12 month contract only for him to go back to Leigh what would be the difference? When the meeting was called to discuss thed/r with Warrington the question was raised,if one of your squad players needed bringing to match fitness would you let him playfor Swinton the Answer was yes!. Tundergaz your team is probably the strongest team in the chamiponship so you have no need for d/rs but if you had a weak or small squad I don't think you would turn your nose up at the chance of it be strengthend with d/rs and I am also sure that you would still be watching Rovers if it was made up of Afgan asylum seekers.Keitht was your team not the first champion team to announce that they had signed on d/r the whole of the Widnes team so you have in theory the chance of also playing Widnes squad players even though you won't be on sunday..Philh what can you say about Philh ,surely the most vitriolic so called Swinton fan ever. Ihave never seem him right one good word about Swinton. Whenever I see his name come up on this forum I know we are in for another dose of articulated bile. We all know that we are struggling to survive and that not everything in the garden is rosey but we don't need you coming on here at every opportunity shoving the clubs nose in it. If you are so concerned the club is in dire straights why are you not putting all your efforts in to try and help the club instead of hindering it.

#53 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

As a Swinton fan I have looked at both sides of the argument and I would like to make a few points. Firstly to thundergaz , due to the formation of super league the game as become fragmented, not just superleague, championship and championship 1 but also two divisions in the championship. By this i mean that the top five teams in the division which includes the rovers have the pick of the players coming out of super league and in the championship, the reason being that the cream will want to go to the top teams. No problem with that, but it means that the teams at the lower end have a fight on there hands to recruit a standard of player that can compete, d/r gives those teams a chance to even that out a little bit. Now to the d/rs it was stated in our local paper two weeks ago that some of the d/rs were signing on contract probably for 12 months which is the norm in that case they are Swinton players they have signed terms. After there contract runs out if they retun to Warrington then they are free agents to do so.This as happened to Swinton already who signed Higson from Leigh on a 12 month contract only for him to go back to Leigh what would be the difference? When the meeting was called to discuss thed/r with Warrington the question was raised,if one of your squad players needed bringing to match fitness would you let him playfor Swinton the Answer was yes!. Tundergaz your team is probably the strongest team in the chamiponship so you have no need for d/rs but if you had a weak or small squad I don't think you would turn your nose up at the chance of it be strengthend with d/rs and I am also sure that you would still be watching Rovers if it was made up of Afgan asylum seekers.Keitht was your team not the first champion team to announce that they had signed on d/r the whole of the Widnes team so you have in theory the chance of also playing Widnes squad players even though you won't be on sunday..Philh what can you say about Philh ,surely the most vitriolic so called Swinton fan ever. Ihave never seem him right one good word about Swinton. Whenever I see his name come up on this forum I know we are in for another dose of articulated bile. We all know that we are struggling to survive and that not everything in the garden is rosey but we don't need you coming on here at every opportunity shoving the clubs nose in it. If you are so concerned the club is in dire straights why are you not putting all your efforts in to try and help the club instead of hindering it.

That needed saying and you said it rather well

Edited by mark richardson, 01 February 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#54 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

You say the older following are our "true" supporters...im 18 years old, been going to swinton games home and away since i was 1 year old...does that make me any less of a "true" fan than anyone else...purely because of my age. Yes swinton are using the D/R system to their advantage, and so what if they are, the chance was there for all clubs to use it, and just beacuse we may or may not have warrington players in our squad, we get grief off other supporters. Swinton as a club have done nothing wrong in fielding the side that is suggested in the squad list. If you have a problem with the D/R system go on moan at the RL officials who put the system in place, not a team who is using it to their advantage!

You are just as entitled as my old fella 60 years your senior.
Well said mate

#55 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

Look if come the end of the season we win the league and the play off final, none of you will moan. Well maybe not nobody but you get my drift. Wait and see, its all we can do!

If we won the challenge cup at Wembley I reckon the flow of tears on here would continue. . This thread will be repeated every week. Its one of the more amusing ones thankfully

#56 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

That needed saying and you said it rather well

Hear hear!

Posted Image

#57 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Look, more people have spoken about Swinton Lions today than they have for years!

If we become the most hated club in RL I will be one happy bunny because people will be talking about us!!

Posted Image

#58 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Oh well each to their own I guess. If your happy with this system fair enough. But I for one would not watch Fev rovers if we had a minimum of 5 players from say Leeds and we were their feeder team. But like I say if your happy then that's fine. But if it ends in tears and their is no swinton lions in the future you only have your selves to blame. I will let you get on with it.

Edited by thundergaz, 01 February 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#59 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Oh well each to their own I guess. If your happy with this system fair enough. But I for one would not watch Fev rovers if we had a minimum of 5 players from say Leeds and we were their feeder team. But like I say if your happy then that's fine. But if it ends in tears and their is no swinton lions in the future you only have your selves to blame. I will let you get on with it.

Course youd watch them
We've staggered from pillar to post for donkeys mate...we're still here.

#60 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Course youd watch them
We've staggered from pillar to post for donkeys mate...we're still here.

You don't know me then. I honestly would not watch us if we were linked with a SL club trust me mate. Also I've got a feeling a lot of other Fev fans would walk away too. Do you remember the merger that tried to happen to us? Did you see the uproar that brought? This is just about the same thing mate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users