Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Squad For Sunday

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#101 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,581 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

According to Gareth Walker on Twitter Morrison,Riley,Mendieka ,Shaw and Ormsby have all now signed permanent deals with us having previously been dual registered.

#102 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

Most of what you say about our club was equally true last season
If I remember correctly our team gave fev a real going over. We showed so much pride in being swinton it took a try off a massive forward pass scored by a convicted drug dealer and cheat signed on a short term contract to win it in the final second. Where were you on the moral high ground on that one?

WOW You really do know how to miss a point! Your making yourself look silly so I shall leave you too it. Before I go though here is a clue for you! its not about the team, its about the club. Do you have a youth set up? How many Kids do your community team educate each year? Are you based in your local community? Do you have partnerships with organisations in Swinton? Do you have a heritage group? etc etc etc ............................................. A club is more than 17 guys thrown on a field.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#103 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

well mark these lads that have come to your club from warrington are now swinton players correct. Now after 5 or 6 games swinton get a good offer for one from a super league club can swinton sell im or have they got to get permission from warrington ???

#104 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

WOW You really do know how to miss a point! Your making yourself look silly so I shall leave you too it. Before I go though here is a clue for you! its not about the team, its about the club. Do you have a youth set up? How many Kids do your community team educate each year? Are you based in your local community? Do you have partnerships with organisations in Swinton? Do you have a heritage group? etc etc etc ............................................. A club is more than 17 guys thrown on a field.

You missed my point too...so lets agree to disagree. Calling me silly for standing up for MY club?
Get a grip.

Some interesting links for you proving your deep lack of knowledge of our history;

http://www.swintonlionstales.co.uk/

http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Of course at FEV you have a full team of locally sourced local players...not a single one signed from elsewhere

Edited by mark richardson, 02 February 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#105 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

well mark these lads that have come to your club from warrington are now swinton players correct. Now after 5 or 6 games swinton get a good offer for one from a super league club can swinton sell im or have they got to get permission from warrington ???

I dont know you dont know
Don't know why you're asking me!

#106 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

I asked you MARK because you seem to be well informed about all things to do about your club may be you could find out and let us all know . I am sure most fans including you would like to know?.

#107 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

I asked you MARK because you seem to be well informed about all things to do about your club may be you could find out and let us all know . I am sure most fans including you would like to know?.

Thanks for that vote of confidence. Im guessing that really though youre setting up a mickey take...

#108 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Mark,

Think Abu may be a boss, delegating you tasks that we would all like the answer to lol.

This thread has been well and truly hijacked.

Starting to look like a football forum.

#109 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Well it looks to me MARK that my question his to mutch an embarrassment for you or your club to answer .

#110 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Crikey Abu, you don't give a man much time to find the answer for you do you!? Lmao

Question only asked at 3.56

Maybe he has a life!

Do you know the answer to your own question? Yes or no response will suffice, or the answer. I am genuinely interested.

#111 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well it looks to me MARK that my question his to mutch an embarrassment for you or your club to answer .

Eh?
Im not embarrassed by my club or my inability to answer a question I have no expertise in
I'll train you a nice German shepherd though...ask me one on that

#112 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

I've got a German Shepherd that took an aversion to a microphone being shoved in its face yesterday. What do you suggest lol.

Gutted, I was on top spot on five posts for a second there, must be a record?!

#113 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I've got a German Shepherd that took an aversion to a microphone being shoved in its face yesterday. What do you suggest lol.

Gutted, I was on top spot on five posts for a second there, must be a record?!

Ha ha. Teach it to sing first it was no doubt embarrassed

#114 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Ha ha ha, going to teach it to type so it can come on here and talk nonsense.

#115 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:41 PM

We're doing ok without any help...

#116 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Which stone did all these 'experts' crawl from under I wonder. Oh by the way if they have signed permanently then we will still get nothing if another club comes in, just like normal:D. P.S Abu do a spell check before you post again its off putting having to mentally correct your posts constantly. That is all:-P

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#117 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 816 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

Well pal just hope you get to my age and can still use a computer and dont make the odd spelling mistake but i will take your advice from now on.Just keeping my fingers crossed this is ok ah ah

#118 Blakemore

Blakemore
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

no its 'ha ha' actually

#119 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:38 PM

You missed my point too...so lets agree to disagree. Calling me silly for standing up for MY club?
Get a grip.

Some interesting links for you proving your deep lack of knowledge of our history;

http://www.swintonlionstales.co.uk/

http://www.lionstrust.co.uk/

Of course at FEV you have a full team of locally sourced local players...not a single one signed from elsewhere

Interesting links although I never stated that your club lacked history or that I had any in-depth knowledge of it. And I will reiterate that I understand why in the short term this looks and attractive move for clubs. And perhaps the reason that Featherstone Fans are more against this than most is that they more than any other club have stood up against any threat to clubs like ours and yours, we were the most vocal club against mergers etc. As such we have felt the pain over the years but we have hung on, sometimes by luck sometimes by planning. I am a passionate fan of the game below super league and I can see what has been achieved at Fev and know other clubs can follow suit and have their own identity as well as a successful team. And in truth that is what my point is about, its not about, the players you will get or if you beat us or not. I fear teams like yourself are slowly losing your identity.

I understand that it may seem like their is little you can do but to take advantage of the rules in place and its hard to argue you shouldnt, but it is hardly a sustainable way to run a team, which in turn in my view will have an impact on your club.

I will say no more on the subject and wish Swinton lions all the best for 2013 and beyond.

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#120 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Interesting links although I never stated that your club lacked history or that I had any in-depth knowledge of it. And I will reiterate that I understand why in the short term this looks and attractive move for clubs. And perhaps the reason that Featherstone Fans are more against this than most is that they more than any other club have stood up against any threat to clubs like ours and yours, we were the most vocal club against mergers etc. As such we have felt the pain over the years but we have hung on, sometimes by luck sometimes by planning. I am a passionate fan of the game below super league and I can see what has been achieved at Fev and know other clubs can follow suit and have their own identity as well as a successful team. And in truth that is what my point is about, its not about, the players you will get or if you beat us or not. I fear teams like yourself are slowly losing your identity.

I understand that it may seem like their is little you can do but to take advantage of the rules in place and its hard to argue you shouldnt, but it is hardly a sustainable way to run a team, which in turn in my view will have an impact on your club.

I will say no more on the subject and wish Swinton lions all the best for 2013 and beyond.

That is exactly it pete. We have fought hard over the years to keep the name Fev rovers and our club. We are not having a go at swinton what so ever we just care about our sport outside of SL and its clubs.

Edited by thundergaz, 02 February 2013 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users