• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

14-10 is as close as Widnes will get to Warrington all season

Widnes???? Town had 1 player from Widnes playing, a young center playing on the wing!!

#82 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Paul Wood was absolutely rubbish today. Maybe he didn't want to be there ?

There's an article on him developing depression in the Telegraph online. That might help explain it.

#83 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Saw something on Twitter about him being linked with Wigan - not sure how reliable the source is.

#84 Walter Ego

Walter Ego
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Wood being linked to Wigan

Wayne not linking Wood to Wigan

Wood's depression

Just for anyone that's interested.

#85 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,943 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why would 2 cumbrian players who live in cumbria sign for Swinton when all 3 cumbrian clubs would sign them ????
Not rocket science is it

Why would the three swinton lads I saw in the gym on Monday travel to Cumbria three times a week to play for their Cumbrian clubs..? Thats not rocket science either.

#86 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wood being linked to Wigan

Wayne not linking Wood to Wigan

Wood's depression

Just for anyone that's interested.

Without reading any of the articles, I could see how having the opportunity to join Wigan dashed would lead to depression.
From other things I have read, it sounds like he has a few things to resolvect home. God willing he manages to do so, especially for his kids.

#87 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

again,according to twitter, he was seen leaving the DW stadium yesterday in his car..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#88 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore in Hunslet's squad to face Leigh this weekend...

Posted Image

#89 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore in Hunslet's squad to face Leigh this weekend...

Ah yes, more youth development work. :rolleyes: And just to help Hunslet in the continuity stakes, Jimmy Keinhorst has been recalled to Leeds. I'm really struggling to see how this is going to help certain Championship sides.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#90 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Ah yes, more youth development work. :rolleyes: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#91 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

again,according to twitter, he was seen leaving the DW stadium yesterday in his car..

Claiming a parking spot for Friday.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#92 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

This dual reg system does seem rather silly now, I wonder who is the driving force behind this idea, whether it is the RFL or the clubs involved.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#93 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

What chance Gaz Ellis knocking off a bit of ring rust in a York shirt about 3 months from now?

Must be good news for Hunslet though. It's only a couple of weeks since they were adamant they would only be taking 4 Leeds players over the season, this means Leuluai, Moore, Keinhorst + 1 more will be playing for Hunslet most weeks, surely?!! ;)

#94 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

What chance Gaz Ellis knocking off a bit of ring rust in a York shirt about 3 months from now?

Must be good news for Hunslet though. It's only a couple of weeks since they were adamant they would only be taking 4 Leeds players over the season, this means Leuluai, Moore, Keinhorst + 1 more will be playing for Hunslet most weeks, surely?!! ;)

Hood.
Posted Image

#95 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

To be fair, he did play for our academy so he's a York lad at heart. :D

I'd be very disappointed if my club did this though, we've been assured it's for young lads to gain experience and in turn give us a boost in our weaker positions. Only problem is, the more clubs play seasoned Grand final and Challenge Cup winners in their squads, the more fear there will be that we'll be relegated if we don't join them. There's now a massive panic and fear of relegation for the lesser clubs in the Championship, and some SL clubs are using this to their advantage. Worrying times for us lesser clubs.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#96 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Hood.

Little Red Riding? I think she's going to Warrington on loan?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#97 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hood.

That's the fella, I knew there was one more who played last week but couldn't remember who.

#98 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

To be fair, he did play for our academy so he's a York lad at heart. :D

I'd be very disappointed if my club did this though, we've been assured it's for young lads to gain experience and in turn give us a boost in our weaker positions. Only problem is, the more clubs play seasoned Grand final and Challenge Cup winners in their squads, the more fear there will be that we'll be relegated if we don't join them. There's now a massive panic and fear of relegation for the lesser clubs in the Championship, and some SL clubs are using this to their advantage. Worrying times for us lesser clubs.

Aye, the genie's out of the bottle now. It's one of the reasons I could not agree with those who said lets run with it and see how it works out. :(

#99 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

So where will these players play?

They have been outlawed from the academy, you want them outlawed from the DR scheme - where do they play?

Clubs are within their rights to have a squad of 25 27 year olds if they want, players have a right to play.

Super league clubs should run a `A` team, NCL clubs have to in tier 3
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users