Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton feeder club

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 hilly

hilly
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

What a disgrace you can say what you want we will not be watching swinton but Warrington a team my heart goes out the the swinton players who trained all off season to be second choice to any player that Warrington send us Steve mac should be a man pick our players then tell the kids if they don,t like it to shove there job and you all know it is wrong what is happening to this club but you will all go along with it we are a joke this is the end off swinton lions hope the players who have been kicked out of the team find a club who will stand by them so let's have your response from the real swinton supporters not the people who are willing to watch Warrington A team

#2 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:08 AM

Your opinion is noted...do I agree well quite frankly no. We have 17 players signed on and the rest of our squad made up of Warrington lads. Lets say 4 of our signed on lads get injured...we are knackered.
Now taking the Warrington Lads on means it don't cost us nowt and that saving allows Agecroft to happen.....would you still disagree.

#3 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Yawn!
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#4 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Its ab attitude thing. if i was faced with this situation id simply work harder to cement my place. if a player is good enough then he need not worry. however, if he isn't good enough then he shouldn't play.

would you have more respect for a team mate who spits his dummy out and walks away or the one who knuckles down and trains harder.

I know Swinton fans love a moan. but will you be happy playing Oxford, Gateshead, London, South Wales?

Its imperative we stay in this league and i think this is a coup for the lions.

WELL DONE JOHN, PAUL, AND STEVE!

EATEMLIONS
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#5 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:16 AM

Whitehaven were offetd 3 saints players this weekend one of these has played in a grand final,we declined all 3 to give our own players a chance of keeping a first team place.This is how DR is supposed to work and not a way of keeping Warrington players fit.I said as soon as they removed the age limit for DR players and the number you could register that this would happen,don't play in your own town or own ground and now this reserve team in all but name

Edited by haven4ever, 02 February 2013 - 10:16 AM.

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Warrington A simple as .....will probably keep you guys up but this isnt in the spirit of the system

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

Wow lot of venom in a lot of these posts layered with thinly disguised jealousy. Suppose a lot of these posters on here if they were in our clubs position wouldn't take the superleague players on offer? What a load of holier than thou bull! People are seriously suggesting we should jut bend over and take our yearly thrashing from the 'bigger' clubs in the division without grabbing the big olive branch offered to us with both hands? Give me a break, the fans from other clubs are now seriously beginning to brick it because they are in with the possibilty of getting a highly competitive game from one of their usually '6 point bankers' twice a season. Lot of talk about an unlevel playing field like its been level in the past with teams able to recruit ex superleague players because they are able to offer vastly better financial terms than the little guys in the division, didn't hear all this rubbish when you were tonking the little teams in previous seasons. Same rules for every team in the division just gutted because we have come up with a way to use them to our maximum advantage.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#8 Christophe

Christophe
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

Some people need to get real. we ve no ground no money and no fans..apart from the loyal stragglers left, some who travel 60 miles for a home fixture, and if it wasnt for the Kidds we certainly wouldnt have a club to support. they should be applauded and not continually criticized. I dont know why they havent walked away as so many of our so called fans have. It's thanks to them that we still have a dream, we are on the eve of the new season and i know in an ideal world we would have 17 Swinton born players but those days are far gone. instead of pathetic posts like this lets rally behind the team and give the Kidds and Steve Mc the support they deserve. Come on you Lions
he's not the messiah..he's a very naughty boy

#9 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

Wow lot of venom in a lot of these posts layered with thinly disguised jealousy. Suppose a lot of these posters on here if they were in our clubs position wouldn't take the superleague players on offer? What a load of holier than thou bull! People are seriously suggesting we should jut bend over and take our yearly thrashing from the 'bigger' clubs in the division without grabbing the big olive branch offered to us with both hands? Give me a break, the fans from other clubs are now seriously beginning to brick it because they are in with the possibilty of getting a highly competitive game from one of their usually '6 point bankers' twice a season. Lot of talk about an unlevel playing field like its been level in the past with teams able to recruit ex superleague players because they are able to offer vastly better financial terms than the little guys in the division, didn't hear all this rubbish when you were tonking the little teams in previous seasons. Same rules for every team in the division just gutted because we have come up with a way to use them to our maximum advantage.

read my post we didn't

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Having slept on it my opinion hasn't changed.We could potentially this season see as many as 11 essentially Warrington players turning out for Swinton Lions.I fully understand the argument regarding saving money building towards Agecroft etc but I think it is wrong and not in the spirit of the game and certainly wasn't what te RFL I tended when this concept was agreed.maybe I am in the minority I don't know but my opinion is from the heart,I support Swinton Lions not a team with a large number of players affiliated to another club!

#11 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

This won't have any effect on the top 5 teams in our division they have easily enough fire power to see this threat off. I agree it will improve your team no end but is it really the way to go? I don't know what kind of situation you are in financially etc but surely this won't help in the long run especially if Warrington get bored of their new toy and dump you to one side you won't have any players left to make a squad. This is only to benefit the RFL and SL clubs and your kidding your selves if you think its to benefit your club. If the SL clubs can't stay afloat with no relegation and a bucket load of cash from SKY then they don't deserve to survive IMO.Doing away with the under 23s to save a few bob was one of the worst things the clowns at red hall have ever done. All the young talent that will get over looked now what a crying shame.

#12 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,593 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 AM

Its ab attitude thing. if i was faced with this situation id simply work harder to cement my place. if a player is good enough then he need not worry. however, if he isn't good enough then he shouldn't play.

would you have more respect for a team mate who spits his dummy out and walks away or the one who knuckles down and trains harder.

I know Swinton fans love a moan. but will you be happy playing Oxford, Gateshead, London, South Wales?

Its imperative we stay in this league and i think this is a coup for the lions.

WELL DONE JOHN, PAUL, AND STEVE!

EATEMLIONS

. Barnie is this good for the future of the game outside Super League? Would you be happy next season if every Championship club adopts a policy of registering a Super Leagues clubs fringe players and then more on dual registered agreements? The die has been cast the feeder club concept has been well and truly established.

#13 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,580 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

Your opinion is noted...do I agree well quite frankly no. We have 17 players signed on and the rest of our squad made up of Warrington lads. Lets say 4 of our signed on lads get injured...we are knackered.
Now taking the Warrington Lads on means it don't cost us nowt and that saving allows Agecroft to happen.....would you still disagree.

If you can only afford to sign 17 players then I'm afraid you shouldn't be in this league.

#14 MALCOLM WHO ?

MALCOLM WHO ?
  • Coach
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

If you can only afford to sign 17 players then I'm afraid you shouldn't be in this league.

We Deserve to be in this League having gained Promotion . We could probably have 55 players signed on but in this league most teams only pay the players who actually play on Sundays . If you dont play you dont get paid. Over the years we have had decent sized squads and there is always about 5-6 players who come in and never get game time and move elsewhere. Just because we have a small squad does not mean we should not be in this league.

We always sign the wrong brother.

#15 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

The point that many Swinton fans seem unable to grasp is that the six players "signed" by Swinton would not necessarily have been at Swinton if it wasn't for the pertnership system. They came to Swinton as dual registered players and even as late as last Monday's RL Express they were not squad members of Swinton who only had 17 players.

The six lads were obviously contracted players to Warrington and to be able to sign for Swinton would need their contracts cancelled. But what choice did the lads have in this? Lads of the two Cumbrians calibre, Ryan Shaw and Glen Riley would walk in to any Championship side and I can't speak about the others as I'm not too familiar with them. If there is the slightest hint of the players returning to Warrington's books at the end of the season then it is obvious that these have been not "signings" but 12 month loans which other clubs take out. I'm sure Barrow would have jumped at the chance of taking Ryan Shaw on DR again but because of the new system couldn't.

This is a process with one sole intent and that is to circumvent the dual registered system. Yes, other clubs sign players on 1 year contracts but not all from one club and especially not all from one club that they are partnered with.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#16 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

. Barnie is this good for the future of the game outside Super League? Would you be happy next season if every Championship club adopts a policy of registering a Super Leagues clubs fringe players and then more on dual registered agreements? The die has been cast the feeder club concept has been well and truly established.

in my opinion this dr system will slowly but surely alienate what little support we have left, i for one am not too happy going to watch a warrington "A" team in all but name.

Edited by juliancaine, 02 February 2013 - 12:40 PM.

#17 hilly

hilly
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

theR.F.L should look into what is going on at swinton it is nothing but a dumping ground for Warrington the lads who swinton signed and trained all off season should take there case to the R.F.L. As they are effectively been stop from playing for the club they signed for.this has to be addressed now by the R.F.L.I for one will be e mailing them to raise my concerne,s hope other swinton fans will follow suit

#18 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

theR.F.L should look into what is going on at swinton it is nothing but a dumping ground for Warrington the lads who swinton signed and trained all off season should take there case to the R.F.L. As they are effectively been stop from playing for the club they signed for.this has to be addressed now by the R.F.L.I for one will be e mailing them to raise my concerne,s hope other swinton fans will follow suit

i'll be doing so monday morning use enquiries@rfl.uk.com

#19 hilly

hilly
  • Players
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the address I have just e.mailed them my concernes

#20 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

What worries me is that since the dr system was brought in,every season since the system as got worse and in my opinion is edging more to feeder clubs for sl.I also wonder if this is the reason why swinton have not been able to recruit more than 17 players, players hear things within the sport and probably thought they would always be behind the dr players

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users