Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Sky Clowns

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#61 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I've Backchat on record, anxious now if it picks up where it left off on the Rod 'shouty' Studd front.

Awful. Awful new titles and Studd his usual sniping spiteful self.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#62 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Awful. Awful new titles and Studd his usual sniping spiteful self.

...and now he's right behind us! *oops*

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#63 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Super League Warm Up

On a Friday press record/reminder on sky sports 1 for 7pm (Tight Lines fishing) and get this preview programme.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#64 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

I love the Stevo bingo. Come to daddy! Is my favourite!

#65 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,086 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Super League Warm Up

On a Friday press record/reminder on sky sports 1 for 7pm (Tight Lines fishing) and get this preview programme.

Thanks for the heads up - just set this (although it is SS2 for tomorrow's game).

#66 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the heads up - just set this (although it is SS2 for tomorrow's game).

D'oh! [Ken Bruce mode] One year out

I only saw it from Boots 'N All... decent bit on Bulls and Cummins, that's me done for the season now.

and it's only on the Friday night game too, whatever piffling channel it may be on.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#67 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Honestly the season's barely underway and there's four pages that fail to mention the most annoying self-promoitional adverts on SKY Sports....

Obviously all must be happy with this on TRL- where were always posting about Rugby League...

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#68 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Hammering Stevo to one side, the fundamental issue is Hemmings. The producer needs to define his role as quite simply; you are the commentator; commentate. Don't opine on anything whatsoever. Describe the action, don't dissect what has happened, that is why summarisers are there, when the opportunity arises, bring them in to embellish your words and most certainly don't argue with anybody else on the team.

#69 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hammering Stevo to one side, the fundamental issue is Hemmings. The producer needs to define his role as quite simply; you are the commentator; commentate. Don't opine on anything whatsoever. Describe the action, don't dissect what has happened, that is why summarisers are there, when the opportunity arises, bring them in to embellish your words and most certainly don't argue with anybody else on the team.

Good point.

A Fev Blog

#70 Vikingste

Vikingste
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Ive not really Read any of these posts but I can imagine neandathol man slagging off a superb rugby league combination in Eddie and Stevo/ They have been fabolous for the sport and long may that continue. The idiots who think otherwise are simply that

#71 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Ive not really Read any of these posts but I can imagine neandathol man slagging off a superb rugby league combination in Eddie and Stevo/ They have been fabolous for the sport and long may that continue. The idiots who think otherwise are simply that

Welcome to the forum Eddie!

By the way you're C r@p

#72 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Here's the two bingo cards I was sent in the past:

Posted Image
Posted Image

:D

#73 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Welcome to the forum Eddie!

By the way you're C r@p

:lol:

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#74 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Oh and that couldn't be Eddie, he only criticised once and didn't go on about it for 10 minutes.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#75 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Printed the Stevo Bingo cards off and played with the kids on Fri and Sat, they loved it, so did I. Going to have to make some of my own now and mix them up a bit.

#76 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Printed the Stevo Bingo cards off and played with the kids on Fri and Sat, they loved it, so did I. Going to have to make some of my own now and mix them up a bit.

There are other commentator bingo cards, too. There are various Geoff Boycott ones, which are a joy in themselves. For our Irish members, here's RTE's 6 Nations bingo. I'm guessing the bottom right one gets used a bit more than most...

Posted Image

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#77 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,515 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

One of the originals, as heard on Test Match Special.....

Posted Image

A Fev Blog

#78 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,766 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

And here's Boycott Bingo. Done this as a link, as there are some good extra suggestions in the comments section. :D

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#79 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,129 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Leaving the ticket office this morning at about 11.50am, all the sky trucks were there and I saw Stevo driving in. Then a train of thought started (dangerous I know)... He "only" had a Mondeo, so thought it probably wasn't his as he lives in Australia. As he does live in Australia, and works over here, would he pay tax?

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#80 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Leaving the ticket office this morning at about 11.50am, all the sky trucks were there and I saw Stevo driving in. Then a train of thought started (dangerous I know)... He "only" had a Mondeo, so thought it probably wasn't his as he lives in Australia. As he does live in Australia, and works over here, would he pay tax?

Depends on Murdoch