Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Innovation from ice hockey

crowd announcement

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

First game and already we have grumbles (which I'd second) about the verification of the crowd at Leeds last night

I took in an ice hockey game in Prague a few weeks ago, at Sparta's arena they have a small LED screen next to the scoreboard that counts the crowd as it comes in.

Electronic turstiles should make this pretty easy.

Got a good cheer when it ticked past 10,000 and made the crowd feel as one unit

Something they should introduce at Shedingley and other modern ;) grounds

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,030 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

Batley do something similar; they have done for years.

They read out the names of the supporters over the tannoy as they come in, just to make sure everyone's there.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

The NRL could introduce an innovation from ice hockey. I believe it's called a shoulder charge.

#4 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 20,981 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

The NRL could introduce an innovation from ice hockey. I believe it's called a shoulder charge.

The NRL can go puck themselves.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#5 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Batley do something similar; they have done for years.

They read out the names of the supporters over the tannoy as they come in, just to make sure everyone's there.

Haha......."has anyone seen kev?........kev?......he's normally 'ere by five to inee?"

#6 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

The NRL can go puck themselves.

You are skating on thin ice there. It'll be the sin bin for you if you are not careful.

#7 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

I was in the southstand. It wasnt as full as it looked on TV and there was plenty of space around in there. The North corners and the WT also wernt anywhere near full. I thought 16k+ but 15,300 doesnt surprise me.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,662 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

I was in the southstand. It wasnt as full as it looked on TV and there was plenty of space around in there. The North corners and the WT also wernt anywhere near full. I thought 16k+ but 15,300 doesnt surprise me.

We got there just before the teams came out and it was difficult to find space anywhere on the Western Terrace. Next time, could you guide us into a good spot from your advantageous position please? (Actually, thinking back, a good spot for us would have been a pub without Sky Sports. :( )

Also, given that there was the usual 10,000+ from East Yorks, where were all the Leeds fans?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#9 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:15 AM

We got there just before the teams came out and it was difficult to find space anywhere on the Western Terrace. Next time, could you guide us into a good spot from your advantageous position please? (Actually, thinking back, a good spot for us would have been a pub without Sky Sports. :( )

Also, given that there was the usual 10,000+ from East Yorks, where were all the Leeds fans?

There's usually loads of room near the screen on the WT. looked fairly open on the TV.

Like the idea of the screen counting how many people are in the ground though. It might make fans more interested in getting the figure bigger.
Posted Image

#10 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

I thought this thread was gonna be a rehash of my old thread about rugby league being played on ice!
Posted Image

#11 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

I thought this thread was gonna be a rehash of my old thread about rugby league being played on ice!

or parts of the game skating on thin ice :lol:
No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#12 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,585 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

I still think 5-a-side tag rugby on ice would be great! I say tag because if you put in a decent shot they could still slide over the try line!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users