Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Headingley Posts

massive

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 978 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

I think someone needs a calendar...

January, February... It's all the same thing ;)

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I can't believe preseason is over and we're still getting threads about the new posts at Headingley.

Some people just don't know how to have a good time.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

The new posts are satisfactorily huge. But those little flag things are totally naff and pointless.

They're there to indicate the wind direction.
Posted Image

#24 T-Dub

T-Dub
  • Coach
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

I can't believe preseason is over and we're still getting threads about the new posts at Headingley.

I thought it was a nice piece of trivia, hadnt realized that at the stroke of the new season kick off this forum turned into Newsnight

Ill put it down to Warrington Post Envy Syndrome

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:47 PM

January, February... It's all the same thing ;)

You are Barbara Dickson and I claim you've lost your "Memory"...

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Over two hours since this was posted....

Come on you lot, you're letting me down.

Indeed, presumably the old ones had to be sawn off or something.

I was thinking more of Galpharm references but hey, ho.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#27 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,882 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Seem to remember that the tallest posts in RL used to be at Station Road, Swinton - didn't they end up at Eccles ARL when the ground was demolished?

Bejeezus. :blink:

They must have used some impressive explosives.

#28 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,450 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

:lol:

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#29 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,020 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Seem to remember that the tallest posts in RL used to be at Station Road, Swinton - didn't they end up at Eccles ARL when the ground was demolished?

As a Swinton fan of may years standing (we were poor and I could only just afford the 5/- to get in the ground) I can assure you that having the tallest posts was for many years the best thing about Station Road. :o .

#30 M j M

M j M
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

They're there to indicate the wind direction.

Yeah I guessed. Still, annoying and pointless though. Annoying because they look ######. Pointless because the only benefit might be to kickers and Kevin Sinfield does not need little flaggy things to assist him on that score B)

Edited by M j M, 03 February 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#31 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Yeah I guessed. Still, annoying and pointless though. Annoying because they look ######. Pointless because the only benefit might be to kickers and Kevin Sinfield does not need little flaggy things to assist him on that score B)

there give the kickers of other clubs a bit of a chance .
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#32 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

As a Swinton fan of may years standing (we were poor and I could only just afford the 5/- to get in the ground) I can assure you that having the tallest posts was for many years the best thing about Station Road. :o .

Think the posts were donated to Eccles but seem to remember them being damaged by vandals

#33 St Domingos

St Domingos
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

I am sure I was told/read the Headingley posts were donated to Drighlington rugby club.

I still remember when we were all amateurs, working together for the good of the game - for no pay!!!

#34 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

it seems to be a rah rah thing, the posts at the stoop have those little flags on top as well.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#35 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

I am sure I was told/read the Headingley posts were donated to Drighlington rugby club.

yes they were.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#36 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

:D

Best post facto post about posts, post, post.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users