Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Karl Pryce

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 PM

Signing for Dewsbury?!?!
Can't believe a SL club hasn't picked him up.

Edited by The Voodooguru, 02 February 2013 - 09:45 PM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

Glenn Morrison will be a big factor there.

#3 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

Must have plenty of room in their salary cap!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

They'll need plenty of room in their fridge to !

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

waste of talent. lazy and his heart wasnt in at sl never mind championship level.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#6 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

waste of talent. lazy and his heart wasnt in at sl never mind championship level.

BANG ON. When he first appeared for bradford, looked a world beater, strong, fast and big. eent to Rugby Union, failed at that, came back lazy and gutless. Did it when he wanted to, rest of the time didnt bother. Can only see him being even worse now he has dropped a level as he wont feel the need to perform.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#7 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:12 AM

I suppose it depends if he realises he is in last chance saloon and needs to perform to get another shot at SL, but I agree with the comments above.
Maybe Lugsy will be able to give us the crack with him being a big Dewsbury fan!!

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Funny how only five people can be bothered slagging this weird signing of a mercenary yet 100+ comments about swinton having half a dozen teensgers in their team brings widespread condemnation.
I know you think DR is some crime against rugby league morality. This is surely just as bad.

#9 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 486 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yes, you keep thinking that Mark. Fact is one player doesn't make a team, 9 players on the other hand.......

#10 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

Im not saying it does but surely there is some credibility in that argument

#11 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

Sorry Mark but I'm not with you. Dual reg as it was last year worked fine, a team can add a couple of young lads to their squad who can add value and need the experience. That changed when Swinton sold themselves down the river and became essentially Warrington A team.
How does this compare with Dewsbury signing a player that can't get a contract in SL because none of the SL clubs think he is good enough anymore?

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I thought the problem was gaining an unfair advantage by somehow fielding players that are signed beyond the realms of fair play
I guess its some moral dilemma then.
Or don't Dewsbury have a tie in with Bradford?
Must be all above board.

#13 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

I thought the problem was gaining an unfair advantage by somehow fielding players that are signed beyond the realms of fair play
I guess its some moral dilemma then.
Or don't Dewsbury have a tie in with Bradford?
Must be all above board.

Sorry you have lost me as Bradford released Pryce and a few others when they had their money problems at the end of last season and he had been a free agent for the close season hoping a SL would pick him up. None have so he has signed for Dewsbury, where is the moral dilemma?

Quote from the Daily Mail website "Former Wigan and Bradford threequarter Karl Pryce, 26, has joined Championship club Dewsbury.
The 6ft 7in threequarter, younger brother of the former Bradford and St Helens stand-off Leon Pryce, was a free agent after being released by the Bulls at the end of last season."

#14 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

Difference is Mark, Pryce hasn't just signed a 3 year deal with wire for it to be cancelled to allow him to sign for swinton, like 5 from wire to get around the limit on numbers.Also as voodoo says, Dr worked fine last season you could only register 4 players under the age of 22.It was never meant to be a way of giving established super league players game which is what has happened in some case and i can only see that side of it getting worse as the season goes on.

#15 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

DR should be players under 23 not players with loads of SL experience latest rumours are haven could be offered gardner , clough and wheeler this weekend 2 of which have loads of SL experience personally i,d rather stick with our own players and only use DR to cover injuries or bans

#16 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

DR should be players under 23 not players with loads of SL experience latest rumours are haven could be offered gardner , clough and wheeler this weekend 2 of which have loads of SL experience personally i,d rather stick with our own players and only use DR to cover injuries or bans

agree wheeler no problem young player still developing in SL, but clough and gardner while top quality players you have to question the new DR system when these kind of players are being sent out on DR. No doubt 2 games in 5 days will have some influence on who plays but i would like to see our own players given a shot in the cougars game and only use DR if needed against leigh

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,933 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Wheeler will be 24 this year, H4e, so he would be ruled out by last years system of Under 23's

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Difference is Mark, Pryce hasn't just signed a 3 year deal with wire for it to be cancelled to allow him to sign for swinton, like 5 from wire to get around the limit on numbers.Also as voodoo says, Dr worked fine last season you could only register 4 players under the age of 22.It was never meant to be a way of giving established super league players game which is what has happened in some case and i can only see that side of it getting worse as the season goes on.

So what youre saying is if the rules fit your interpretation of them its ok
Its not ok to have a player for a match here or there. Its not ok to sign very young lads to enable them to develop for a sesson
It is however ok to sign direct from super league sessoned pros for a full season? And Dewsbury having a link with Bradford on this occasion is irrelevant
There are some strange morals in this debate
I struggle to see why you all give a ###### so much..

#19 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,773 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

What on earth are you wittering on about. Its 2 completely different scenario`s for gods sake. One is a player who has no contract going to a team. The there is 2 clubs bending the rules to within an inch of its life to sign over half a dozen players who were on contracts then suddenly arent.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

you my friend have lost it. how on earth you can compare the 2 is beyond me. karl price does not have the drive and desire that super league clubs look for. he appears to be dissinterested most of the time, dewsbury have taken a risk on him where other clubs wouldnt. swinton and warrington technically havent broken the rules, theyve just used them to there advantage. and theres nothing wrong with that, but will that be to swintons long term gain? nope. if these players are being used to attract fans then its failing as your attendance was pathetic on sunday, the main talking point was paul wood but on sunday he was out performed by every single town forward.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users