Knights Game 10th Feb

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ripon Boy

Ripon Boy
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

New York Brass Band have been booked to do some pre match entertainment for the 1st home game of the season. We will be playing for both stands before the game and a bit at half time.

We are big RL fans so we think we can add to the day but we'd appreciate suggestions for tunes that the Knights sing. Ian W suggested "when the Saints/Knights" which is easy....any other suggestions????

This is a trial thing so sensible suggestions are welcome.....We can play "long ago and far away" but sticking our trumpets up our ###### is not an option!!

A few years ago a lad called Ian used to bring a drum down to the pop stand, does he still do that?

www.tradtastic.co.uk

#2 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

Ian's now passed the drum to the next generation , a young man named Ryan who beats it with just as much passion but Ian is 1 of the driving forces behind K I S S the knights supporters group , he post on here on a regular basis
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#3 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Thats correct Nige, possibly they could join us in the stand for the game, just like the rhinos.
We would just like to get a few tunes or backing for our songs.?????
That should please a few!!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#4 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 654 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

what a great idea ian get em in the the stands

#5 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Ey up James.
Would be brilliant to get you lads in the stand for the home games. Talk to Ian or Gary Hall about the tunes...
Pigbag ? Bit of James Brown - oh no, dont start me off !! :D

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Something like this...?
Posted Image

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

If you could get that going on Sunday that will be smashing cheers :D
Posted Image

#8 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Saw these at a festival a couple of years back, possibly one of the best things I've ever seen and heard.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#9 Ripon Boy

Ripon Boy
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hey guys thanks for the positive reaction! I was expecting more people to say they prefer to watch in silence!!!

The plan is to play some tunes around the running track pre-match then play some tunes in the stand during the game & half time.

We won't over do it but if we can get the crowd going to lift the team we will

The Rhinos band do a good job but I reckon we can play tunes off the cuff so it should be a laugh if we join in with the crowd.

Maybe the seats behind the Radio York Commentry position would be a good place to start!!!!!!!!!!!!
www.tradtastic.co.uk

#10 Ripon Boy

Ripon Boy
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

Try this one Gav

www.tradtastic.co.uk

#11 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 3,014 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Hey guys thanks for the positive reaction! I was expecting more people to say they prefer to watch in silence!!!

The plan is to play some tunes around the running track pre-match then play some tunes in the stand during the game & half time.

The Rhinos band do a good job but I reckon we can play tunes off the cuff so it should be a laugh if we join in with the crowd.

Maybe the seats behind the Radio York Commentry position would be a good place to start!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the main stand, think your trumpets will not see the light of day again and you will have a very sore rectum.
The pop stand on the centre line at the back is where you will find us, see ya sunday.
Big news, might have to come out of retirement on the drum as ryan has some footy games left.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ey, steady on, have a heart, you wouldnt want a retired Bogus Brother having a heart attack !! LOL !
It's hard enough sometimes trying to hear myself over Gary's PA and a bit of Bon Jovi !!
'Hawai 5-0' ?
Would have suggested 'Soul Man' but might get me started and then there would be no commentary - no voice left !! :D :D

#13 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

Go on Andy get the vocal chords waxed lol , remember seeing in the new year think it was 88 - 89 at the old cats whiskers nightclub with the Bogus Brothers , you on lead vocal , cracking night !!!!!!,
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#14 GaryHall

GaryHall
  • Coach
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Ey, steady on, have a heart, you wouldnt want a retired Bogus Brother having a heart attack !! LOL !
It's hard enough sometimes trying to hear myself over Gary's PA and a bit of Bon Jovi !!
'Hawai 5-0' ?
Would have suggested 'Soul Man' but might get me started and then there would be no commentary - no voice left !! :D :D

I hope I get the opportunity to play Hawaii 50 this season I only play it when we score 50 points.

#15 Ripon Boy

Ripon Boy
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:13 PM

Ideas we got.....Tom Hark-Rocky (for the biff) - Jaws - Always look on the bright side of life. Ilkley Moor - Grand Old Duke of York - samba de janerio. Hawaii 5-0

For Swinton....Lion Sleeps tonight - Coronation St - He/She's a Lassy from Lancashire - Hovis Tune

Regular tunes Occupation - 7 Nation Army - Push It- Party Rock - Take on Me - Cant take my eyes off you - Walkin on Sunshine - Rudy (stop your messin' around at the play the ball) - Faith - Shake Your Body down to the ground - Iwant you back -Bad Romance -Sweet Dreams - Forget You (its a family sport) Never Gonna Give You Up

Lots of tunes to sing here. We'll come to the pop stand for a choir practice before kick off and play in the 1st half from the pop stand.
If the singing is good for the 1st half we may stay after half time....if its rank we'll go over to the bar and hang out with the big nobs!!

Edited by Ripon Boy, 05 February 2013 - 07:14 PM.

www.tradtastic.co.uk

#16 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Ideas we got.....Tom Hark-Rocky (for the biff) - Jaws - Always look on the bright side of life. Ilkley Moor - Grand Old Duke of York - samba de janerio. Hawaii 5-0

For Swinton....Lion Sleeps tonight - Coronation St - He/She's a Lassy from Lancashire - Hovis Tune

Regular tunes Occupation - 7 Nation Army - Push It- Party Rock - Take on Me - Cant take my eyes off you - Walkin on Sunshine - Rudy (stop your messin' around at the play the ball) - Faith - Shake Your Body down to the ground - Iwant you back -Bad Romance -Sweet Dreams - Forget You (its a family sport) Never Gonna Give You Up

Lots of tunes to sing here. We'll come to the pop stand for a choir practice before kick off and play in the 1st half from the pop stand.
If the singing is good for the 1st half we may stay after half time....if its rank we'll go over to the bar and hang out with the big nobs!!

That sounds ace does that. Can you come every week?

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#17 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Samba De Janero! Yes! Love that one!

:D
Posted Image

#18 Ripon Boy

Ripon Boy
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

It should be fun....NYBB always get involved with the crowd!!!

We are doing the gig on the cheap so it would be great to get lots of New York Brass Band 'likes' on our Facebook page. Booking agents look at how much support you have generated as a band when it comes to booking gigs and festivals so 100 Facebook like would be great bonus payment.

Our rival band in Sheffield are ahead of us so Knights fans have the power to make us Yorkshire's most liked Brass Band!!!

Andy give us plenty of plugs on Radio York and Gary get everyone behind our FB campagn! I'm sure the pop stand will enjoy our tunes!!
www.tradtastic.co.uk

#19 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Just done the honours on facebook mate!
Posted Image

#20 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts