barrow v hunslet

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

Our first game last year was against Leigh in Trains Cup. Score 16-48 and second game at CP against Town 31-24. All is not yet lost. Keep possitive, Keep The Faith and remember we are Blue and White.

Posted Image

#22 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

sorry Michael but after watching us against Barla I felt we were up against it from the off....not a lot of flair in the centres for me and no hole punchers in the forwards

Wake up call this hopefully

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,793 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Well I didn't expect a scoreline like that from your lads today. I thought it would be a tight game with not much in it either way but that scoreline was a shocker. Holty sounded a bit down on the radio but as he says there's a long way to go through the season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

oh dear oh dear ! early days but could be a long hard season for us :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

#25 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

I thought the best team won today.
Hunslet were quicker and completed better. They have had 4 preseason games against our 2 and that showed.
Our defence was poor at times but It was the whole team that had a bad day at the office.
Hunslet had a couple of stand out players especially Jimmy Kleinhurst on dual reg from the Rhinos, we have chosen not to go down that route and I guess we will have to wait and see how that pans out.
All in all a disappointing start to the season but there is a long way to go and we will be better as the season progresses
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#26 eddo

eddo
  • Coach
  • 104 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Yes sadly i can agree with that .
We had plenty of energy but operated rudderless, stereotyped moves and our threequarters always had a 2 man reception when receiving the ball.
Defence wise woefully exposed when defending !0 metres from our line. Hunslet were well organised and quicker moving the ball.
Last year they struggled and intime it maybe evident if they have raised their bar .
We need some kind of experienced ball player to orchestrate us if they still exist.
Early doors but ?

#27 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Shocking result, never mind early doors, first game etc. Not as easy you think in that league eh Holty

#28 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

I'll reserve judgement until after next weeks game against Donny, it's very difficult to comment on a game from updates on Radio Cumbria but judging by the commentary team we were woeful today. This is a very poor start to our campaign, things have to improve next week, because the week after is Fev away.
Posted Image

#29 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

Oh Dear.

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Nice to meet you yesterday Mike (soss) and Livo , hope you had a good day , other than the result and a safe journey home , hope you enjoyed the snacks on offer Mike , hopefully we'll see each other on the return meeting , Rick........

#31 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Lol cheers mate. Had a good day the rugby was disappointing and I'm confident we will only get better..it was good to meet you all and looking forward to the reverse meeting...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#32 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:48 AM

Hunslet v BARROW match programme plus the official teamsheet now listed on e-bay.

#33 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I know it was only the 1st competitive match of the season so I don't want to over react here but we were pretty awful yesterday.
Our lack of pre season games certainly showed as we played like a team who didn't know each other.
Not sure what our completion rate was but it must of been very low! We played very narrow again with a lot of 'one man up' rugby.
I personally would like to see Finch back in the halves and Harrison back in the centre breaking a tackle and slipping the ball to Clay who showed yesterday he has the pace to go the length of the field and score. (Like Nico used to).

#34 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just as an afterthought how on earth do Hunslet survive on crowds of 491, over a hundred of those were Barrow fans as well!

#35 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'll reserve judgement until after next weeks game against Donny, it's very difficult to comment on a game from updates on Radio Cumbria but judging by the commentary team we were woeful today. This is a very poor start to our campaign, things have to improve next week, because the week after is Fev away.

and unfortunatly for Barra mate fev are on fire!

#36 Russ

Russ
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

Just as an afterthought how on earth do Hunslet survive on crowds of 491, over a hundred of those were Barrow fans as well!

over a hundred from Barrow? Slight exaggeration there i think.

#37 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

2 coaches plus cars, not an exaggeration I think!

#38 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

Maybe Michael will correct me if im wrong but the last season we played in Championship (2011) we closed the season off playing Hunslet away and Raiders had a poor result following Gleeson coming on the pitch late.
It is the first game and im sure Darren and Phill will sort the players out but Hunslet is one of the teams that Raiders must surely beat this year to keep in this League. Workington and Whithaven have started well so the Doncaster game is mighty important next week.

Featherstone may be a big ask for any of the teams in this League but hey keep smilling :)

Edited by D11, 04 February 2013 - 05:19 PM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#39 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

You won't believe this,Neil, but according to my records Hunslet beat us ......42-12 in 2011 but unfortunately I haven't go the date.I'm open to correction but the only away games we won were at Halifax and York. We beat Hunslet 26-25 at CP.

Posted Image

#40 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

We played Hunsley at home on the 23rd of July 2011 with a gate of 1150 but I dont have the away game details.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users