barrow v hunslet

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

We played Hunsley at home on the 23rd of July 2011 with a gate of 1150 but I dont have the away game details.

Great gates where did all the money go Hunslet survive on 500 ?
chappy

#42 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

The game was definitely winnable we were just shocking. K Haggerty and Harrison were the only people who played above average. Mcgilvary isn't a fullback he's a winger, his tackling aint good enough and positionally he's not the best I'd get Haney moved their personally. Campbell was poor but I think it was just a bad day at the office, he'll be back next week playing well. The think I liked about Dandy and Toal was that they tackled Andy Ellis esq where they got straight down the legs allowed the forward too hold down for a few seconds and slow the play the ball down and stop the opposition gaining momentum. They didn't tackle once round the legs yesterday, Dandy also made some daft decisions. I like the look of Casey, considering that's his second game in an unknown side his kicking game was and leadership was good bar the first kick. His goal kicking was clearly taught by Sinfield. We lacked flair in the centres which has been pointed out. Wiper made one break then decided to throw it too no one. Lowe was okay but didn't do much. Keinhorst ripped us apart but he's going to be the best centre we play this season.

I think we've got enough ability too stay up we just played poorly yesterday. We definitely need an explosive 15 minute prop though, where's chris young when we need him.

#43 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

The game was definitely winnable we were just shocking. K Haggerty and Harrison were the only people who played above average. Mcgilvary isn't a fullback he's a winger, his tackling aint good enough and positionally he's not the best I'd get Haney moved their personally. Campbell was poor but I think it was just a bad day at the office, he'll be back next week playing well. The think I liked about Dandy and Toal was that they tackled Andy Ellis esq where they got straight down the legs allowed the forward too hold down for a few seconds and slow the play the ball down and stop the opposition gaining momentum. They didn't tackle once round the legs yesterday, Dandy also made some daft decisions. I like the look of Casey, considering that's his second game in an unknown side his kicking game was and leadership was good bar the first kick. His goal kicking was clearly taught by Sinfield. We lacked flair in the centres which has been pointed out. Wiper made one break then decided to throw it too no one. Lowe was okay but didn't do much. Keinhorst ripped us apart but he's going to be the best centre we play this season.

I think we've got enough ability too stay up we just played poorly yesterday. We definitely need an explosive 15 minute prop though, where's chris young when we need him.

Its a good job Danny Grimshaw was out of the game for 40 minutes or you would have been looking at 50+ beleive me hes that good a stand off.
chappy

#44 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 968 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

both the hunslet centres got in the championship team of the week which would seem to emphasize our need to improve in these positions. playing the bull back in the centres would be one way as long as we have a replacement for his workload in the middle of the park. whichever way holty goes I think new blood is needed from somewhere to bolster the squad.

#45 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Its a good job Danny Grimshaw was out of the game for 40 minutes or you would have been looking at 50+ beleive me hes that good a stand off.

I don't think it would of made that much of a difference, we were the makers of our own downfall for a lot of it, although he did look a handy player when he was on.

Maybe we could move toal to centre potentially? If not then I think we'll have too put Harrison their and sign a work horse forward, maybe try and convince Gordon to try it at CC level.

#46 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think we've lost Haney for a few weeks. Can't even put weight on his Knee. :-(

#47 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

god we were bad , just watched some highlights on huns page. couldnt watch it all as performance was that bad. im sure lads will watch this game and look long and hard at each other and say we are better than that showing. hunslet all credit for their win but we let them play imo. got to move up quicker at play the ball. they were going through 3 or 4 players hands before we got a tackle in. roll on next week and start afresh lads. every team in this league will have a mare of a game a some point.

#48 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think we've lost Haney for a few weeks. Can't even put weight on his Knee. :-(

Yes enforced changes will be needed for this weeks game as Haney looks likely to be out for a few weeks, Twiggy needs to come back in, can't for the life of me think why he was left out against Hunslet, I would move Mcgilvary out to the wing and play Larkin at fullback, not in favour of moving the Bull back to the centre at the moment, maybe when all the injured forwards return this maybe an option, but we would miss him too much in the pack at the moment.

Edited by richie keay, 05 February 2013 - 08:52 PM.

Posted Image

#49 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yes enforced changes will be needed for this weeks game as Haney looks likely to be out for a few weeks, Twiggy needs to come back in, can't for the life of me think why he was left out against Hunslet, I would move Mcgilvary out to the wing and play Larkin at fullback, not in favour of moving the Bull back to the centre at the moment, maybe when all the injured forwards return this maybe an option, but we would miss him too much in the back at the moment.

Twiggy was injured.

#50 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:21 PM

wonder if gary broadbent fancies a run out?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#51 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 298 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Twiggy was injured.

heard he and holtyt had a falling out thurs or fri an he dropped

#52 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Sunday..... very disapointing result, we lacked game time (friendlies), lots of negative comments on the forum and the possiblity of relegation after only one game played of the season. I have to agree with it all, but one thing that I would say is that individually we didn't lack effort or the will to win, I believe that the team will start playing as a unit and the results will come.

Great effort all round on sunday but just not the result we wanted.

And well done to Hunslet, easily the best team on the day.

#53 The Vet

The Vet
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

heard he and holtyt had a falling out thurs or fri an he dropped

:D :D

Posted Image

This My Friend Is A Broom-Handled Mouser

#54 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

Falling out with Twiggy, Nixon refuses to play, Stop upsetting everyone Holty, just like you used to on the forum when you did not get your own way :o

#55 ANDO

ANDO
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yes enforced changes will be needed for this weeks game as Haney looks likely to be out for a few weeks, Twiggy needs to come back in, can't for the life of me think why he was left out against Hunslet, I would move Mcgilvary out to the wing and play Larkin at fullback, not in favour of moving the Bull back to the centre at the moment, maybe when all the injured forwards return this maybe an option, but we would miss him too much in the pack at the moment.

I know what your saying Richie and I agree we need another big powerful line breaking forward hopefully with a good offload to replace him.
However you need to score tries to win games and we seem to be lacking in attacking options at the moment.
I feel Harrisons best position is in the centre where his strength & ability creates tries for our wingers.
We have one of the fastest wingers in the league in Adam Clay and we need to utilise him.

#56 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

I know what your saying Richie and I agree we need another big powerful line breaking forward hopefully with a good offload to replace him.
However you need to score tries to win games and we seem to be lacking in attacking options at the moment.
I feel Harrisons best position is in the centre where his strength & ability creates tries for our wingers.
We have one of the fastest wingers in the league in Adam Clay and we need to utilise him.

Totally agree, especially with regard to Liam Harrison !
The left side attack in 2009 and 2010 was superb.
Also, I'd like to see Finchy feature more.

Posted Image

#57 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Well its time to show up this weekend, think another poor performance could signal an early season death knell.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#58 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

who is twiggy by the way???

#59 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 880 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

Well its time to show up this weekend, think another poor performance could signal an early season death knell.

Hope your wrong Oracle about the death knell and all that. Don't know the averages of crowds and all that but haven't BARROW always been a good supported club. It would be great if we went out and won every single game but thats not going to happen. Let the team gel a bit and then let people decide if we were right or wrong about the DR system. Supporters have got to remember, whatever happens this season, we have got to get behind the club. These things about DR and other ###### are going to pass eventually. We've got to think about the future. Just keep turning up. Your support has never been more important.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#60 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Hope your wrong Oracle about the death knell and all that. Don't know the averages of crowds and all that but haven't BARROW always been a good supported club. It would be great if we went out and won every single game but thats not going to happen. Let the team gel a bit and then let people decide if we were right or wrong about the DR system. Supporters have got to remember, whatever happens this season, we have got to get behind the club. These things about DR and other ###### are going to pass eventually. We've got to think about the future. Just keep turning up. Your support has never been more important.

here here

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users