Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Today v Haven

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Working til 2pm today,so no chance of making Haven game.So radio york it was.
Nothing in the game for 70 minutes,then we have fallen apart in the last 10,only for Tom Lineham to get us a bonus point,which seemed to have eluded us.Thought we were going to do it when we went 12-8 up with a few half chances that followed.Sounded like we rushed a few plays instead of playing the sets out.Kicking from hand sounded a bit hit and miss.Defence sounded a bit frail in the last 10 mins aswell.Hope thats not a fitness thing.The penalties conceded at times were ridiculous.Seriously need to cut those out.
Still we are only one game in.Next week is a game we can win if we get our act together.Good news about Kingy it would appear.Great to see Sully back from injury aswell.

Edited by knightrider, 03 February 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,490 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

Decent bonus point for you guys, how many dualreg you have in your 17 today?

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:23 PM

Five

#4 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Too many players trying to be match winners today I thought. Silly stuff like backdoor passes when a simple pass would have resulted in a try and kicking over the top on the first tackle. 80% completion rate in the first half and the ones we didn't complete were in their 20m and were miracle passes which didn't come off - simple pass or grubber and we'd have been out of sight.
No doubt had we played basic rugby today we'd have won, just need the new lads to play as a team and not try to do it on their own.
Not disheartened (just peed off!) as it was easy to see if those things are cut out we've a very good side who will score a bucketful when they do things sensibly.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#5 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

None of what you posted actually happened. Good team, let down by DR's trying to be world beaters and ignoring the game plan. We won the game by a bloody mile, just lost the score. They'll have all learned a lesson though - Swinton are toast.

#6 knightrider

knightrider
  • Coach
  • 1,936 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

So to cut a long story short,the dual reg guys let us down trying to play champagne rugby instead of sticking to the basics.Didnt come across like that on the radio.Yeah a bit of dropped ball,a few stray passes.No good if they arent going to play as a team for the team.Mr.Thornton needs to have a word then and get it sorted.Certainly needs fixing for next week.For me next week is a must win.When you look at the fixtures you know which games youy can win.These first 2 are/were definate games ii thought we could win.Just hope we do the business next sunday to make up for today.Looking forward to it.
Posted Image

#7 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

Does it matter to the DR players wether the Knights win or lose? Profesional pride? Maybe, but it's not the club that pays their wages that lost today.

#8 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

So to cut a long story short,the dual reg guys let us down trying to play champagne rugby instead of sticking to the basics.

That about sums it up really. There's a time and a place for that and it aint the first match of the season, in February, at Whitehaven.

Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#9 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

None of what you posted actually happened. Good team, let down by DR's trying to be world beaters and ignoring the game plan. We won the game by a bloody mile, just lost the score. They'll have all learned a lesson though - Swinton are toast.

you won the game by a mile, your havin a laugh 32-12 then we play dumb rugby like kick through on first tackle to hand youthe ball and get bp

#10 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

Anyone else see the ref's tweet about his thoughts on the Wreck?

Edited by PLD, 04 February 2013 - 10:27 AM.

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#11 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

you won the game by a mile, your havin a laugh 32-12 then we play dumb rugby like kick through on first tackle to hand youthe ball and get bp

You mean the kick from a DR kid thinking he had to win the game on his own? :rolleyes:

Like I said, DR lost us that game, Haven didn't win it. They weren't anything special at all - a bit like York circa 2011. Had DR stuck to the game plan and played as a team, we'd have had 40+ (barely replied) on you, 20 in the last 10 minutes.

Good luck v Featherstone/Leigh/Sheffield/Batley/Dewsbury/Halifax/Keighley

Admittedly, Keighley could be 6 points for any team who stays off the Big Macs and kick tennis :D

Edited by AndyHall, 04 February 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#12 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

you realy need to read what you type and then take a deep breath and realise how stupid you sound,you could have scored40+ and we would have barelyreplied.Sorry mate even first half ,we ripped you to bits in second half with our attack,and we gifted you 2 trys at the end by playing stupid plays on early tackles instead of playing out our sets
as for the kick we had no DR yesterday im on about the kick from the scrum in the last minute,we kicked on first tackle instead of playing out our set

but hey keep taking the pills

Edited by haven4ever, 04 February 2013 - 06:29 PM.

#13 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

OOeer ! Where to start ? I do appreciate what has been said about some of the sloppy stuff - it was mentioned on the radio, Dave but in terms of anxiety and brain working quicker than hands around the Haven line ( Hope the coverage was OK, felt a little 'ring rusty' and lets just say that the commentary position at The Recre is not the best ). To say the DR lads lost us the game is far too strong. Their part in the game enabled us, IMO, to compete as we did. All the Haven fans I spoke to were mightily impressed by Tom, both Josh Bowden and Dean Hadley had very strong games, Danny Nicklas looked lively and was a constant threat while Jack Latus, apart from giving away a stupid penalty at an important time did OK too.
It would be as easy to say that our normal squad lads lost us the game because they couldnt read the SL coached wonder balls and, of course, that wouldnt be correct either.
It was immensly frustrating that a little more composure would have seen the Knights home but GT said afterwards that, if he can retain the same DR players for his squad week in week out, the cohesion and understanding will come very quickly.
All in all, it was a performance of much promise, an enjoyable game with Haven, on the day, just about deserving their win. Paul Jackson was immense for them and Neil Thorman and Cain Southernwood went very well too while Craig Calvert remains a very underated winger.
For the Knights, Tom Lineham, Jack Lee, Jas Golden, Josh Bowden and Sam Scott all put in good stints while Sully looked very good when he came on.
Enjoyed my natter with Woodsy and Two Blues, remain a little worried about the DR effect on the squad as a whole but had a cracking weekend up in the Lakes and big thanks to young Jack Iley for summarising for me.
Anybody hear the rumours that Swinton have used a possible loopy in the DR to enable them to use 11 Warrington players ?

#14 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

To say the DR lads lost us the game is far too strong.

In my opinion, the DR lads decision making at times cost us the game, not to say they didn't play a strong part in the good stuff though and had they not played at all I reckon we'd have been beaten by more so it's a bit of a strange one really. They'll only get better with game time together and you could see how, if they do the basics right, this team will be a very good one indeed.

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#15 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

and had they not played at all I reckon we'd have been beaten by more so it's a bit of a strange one really. They'll only get better with game time together and you could see how, if they do the basics right, this team will be a very good one indeed.

I agree, Sime.

Edited by andyacko, 04 February 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#16 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

think its a bit unfair to say that the DR dont care if we win or lose cant imagine they go out other than to win especially Tom Lineham with his connection to the knights.

#17 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

just be thankful you can play 5 of em you need the wins
chappy

#18 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

we would have barley replied

Have a word with yourself, telling me to read what I type...
I have an opinion, you have yours, they are not the same, get over it.
Good luck with the rest of your season - and your Engrish.

just be thankful you can play 5 of em you need the wins

Don't every team need wins? Is that not the point of a competitive league - to tally those wins and order those teams from best to least best throughout the course of a season?

#19 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

Have a word with yourself, telling me to read what I type...
I have an opinion, you have yours, they are not the same, get over it.
Good luck with the rest of your season - and your Engrish.

Don't every team need wins? Is that not the point of a competitive league - to tally those wins and order those teams from best to least best throughout the course of a season?

you will need the 5 D/R TO STAY UP THATS MY POINT Andy

Edited by suzzy, 04 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

chappy

#20 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

you will need the 5 D/R TO STAY UP THATS MY POINT Andy

One decent win and they all start getting cocky south of the river... ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users