Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Huns 42 Barrow 12

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

After listening to Barry,s sumary i saw Garry Hetherington did he watch the game i wonder they said the Rhinos had sponsored the game which was a good jesture on their part.I wonder what he thought of the teams performance.Really thought there would be more than 470 as i did see 2 coaches pull up from barrow this has got to be a worry if they cant come to watch good rugby like that then it beggers belief.
chappy

#22 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

He watched first half in the directors lounge and second half was sat across from us on the top deck. Leeds have sponsored 3 games as part of our partnership, cracking gesture and gives us much needed income. I agree Col attendence wise it was poor, the club and the team deserve more support, it was only £12 in too (lowest admission price in the Championship) but we did really well on season tickets on the day with loads renewing, over 10 new season ticket sold. We also had a cracking day in the bar, great to see loads of Barrow fans, shows how important twitter and Facebook are by just informing them to visit the Phoenix! Loads to build on all we all can do is keep working hard! I'm still buzzing from the performance! So we shall again!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#23 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

He watched first half in the directors lounge and second half was sat across from us on the top deck. Leeds have sponsored 3 games as part of our partnership, cracking gesture and gives us much needed income. I agree Col attendence wise it was poor, the club and the team deserve more support, it was only £12 in too (lowest admission price in the Championship) but we did really well on season tickets on the day with loads renewing, over 10 new season ticket sold. We also had a cracking day in the bar, great to see loads of Barrow fans, shows how important twitter and Facebook are by just informing them to visit the Phoenix! Loads to build on all we all can do is keep working hard! I'm still buzzing from the performance! So we shall again!

I looked for you before kick off but didnt find you gaz was up stairs and had a couple of Tetleys before Grimmer came out.
chappy

#24 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I looked for you before kick off but didnt find you gaz was up stairs and had a couple of Tetleys before Grimmer came out.

Didn't get there until half 2, poped up stairs after for ten mins but had to shoot off. Hope Grimmer is ok, I'm told we hope he will be and it's not too bad, but hope the Doc confirms Tuesday. Come and find me at the Dewsbury game Col will be good to meet you!

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#25 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

Just look for the only guy with a flat cap on gaz ,for sure he will be your man !

#26 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

He'll have been in the directors box , with Gary and Cath , eating prawn sarnies , Col

#27 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Match Highlights:

Nothing wrong with the disallowed tries for Keinhorst, Welham or the Barrow score IMO, Welhams was never a double movement.

#28 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Is it just me or is Waine Pryce playing with an injury or as he lost his pace , because 2years ago he would have left that guy behind ????????????

#29 Castleford Hawk

Castleford Hawk
  • Coach
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

After listening to Barry,s sumary i saw Garry Hetherington did he watch the game i wonder they said the Rhinos had sponsored the game which was a good jesture on their part.I wonder what he thought of the teams performance.Really thought there would be more than 470 as i did see 2 coaches pull up from barrow this has got to be a worry if they cant come to watch good rugby like that then it beggers belief.

The performance certainly did merit a bigger gate. I suspect quite a few fans are still licking their wounds from last season, more games like that and they will be back. A decent performance at Leigh and we should be looking at 8/900 for Dewsbury.

It certainly makes it easier to encourage friends and family to come along when there is the prospect of good open rugby and a win.

Roll on Sunday.

Hunslet: STILL the city's only club to win all competitions in one season.

#30 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

i echo most of the good comments about Barrow match.Some silly errors but nice to see us playing positive rugby & throwing the ball about.Impressed with Keinhorst,should be a big plus for us going forward.Most of all though it was nice to go home feeling entertained.

#31 Mycoe For Knighthood

Mycoe For Knighthood
  • Coach
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

Is it just me or is Waine Pryce playing with an injury or as he lost his pace , because 2years ago he would have left that guy behind ????????????

Didn't look like he had chance to pull away to me Blackbeard??!!

#32 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

Didn't look like he had chance to pull away to me Blackbeard??!!

You've been at sea to long , Mycoe , pause it when he receive the ball and see what the gap is , 2 yards easiley , not fathoms , walk the plank ha ha B) about 4.02 on the vid

Edited by Blackbeard, 05 February 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#33 hunslets iggy pop

hunslets iggy pop
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:05 AM

A good win for us , as nice to get two points in the bag. All our players played well, Keinhurst being outstanding when he was on the attack.

Barrow reminded me so much of the Hunslet team from last season.

But they have just come up into our league this year, and life will be harder for them,
having to adapt to this league.

#34 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

I thought the same about Pryce on Sunday. I like Prycey and appreciate what he brings to the team, but when Keinhorst put him in the clear and he got nailed after about 25 yards, my first thoughts were that if Mapals had been on that wing, it would probably have been a try.

Bad news about Grimmer though Suzzy, for him and us. Let's hope he's back fit again soon, but knees are funny things and I do hope they don't take a risk on playing him if it's giving him jip. I'm always wary of players taking to the field with injuries such as this "nearly" right, only to tweak it again and do more damage.

#35 Penola

Penola
  • 605 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Prycey should be played as a forward now. No pace. Mapals would have scored that

Is Grimmer going to be out now? Have Leeds recalled Keinhorst?

Iggy - we have 3 points not 2 (we need all we can get - hopefully a bonus on Sunday)

#36 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

I agree that maples would have scored if clear but let's be honest he'd av prob dropped it running clear. Prycey bring much more to the team than maples. Just my opinion like
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#37 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

I agree that maples would have scored if clear but let's be honest he'd av prob dropped it running clear. Prycey bring much more to the team than maples. Just my opinion like

I agree Macca , i do rate Prycey , and he would be in line before Maples , but i agree with Hawkwindbag that if a players carrying or injured don't play em , we should have plenty of cover , where only a game into the season.........

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I agree Macca , i do rate Prycey , and he would be in line before Maples , but i agree with Hawkwindbag that if a players carrying or injured don't play em , we should have plenty of cover , where only a game into the season.........

I'm not so sure he is injured mate, he made a lot of good yards when coming inside to help the forwards. Lets not forget its easy to lose a yard of pace and he was injured for most of his time at York.
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#39 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Prycey wasn't injured as far as i was aware?

IMO Prycey's, experience work-rate, hard yards and composure in both defence and attack would mean id choose him over Mapals pace at the minute, but i do think though Mapals will have a big part to play this season, all the squad will be needed at one point or another.

#40 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

I'm not so sure he is injured mate, he made a lot of good yards when coming inside to help the forwards. Lets not forget its easy to lose a yard of pace and he was injured for most of his time at York.

Top of his right thigh looked heavly strapped , i agree he does a lot in the middle to help the forwards out , tries where scored right across the park , which show's that the ball is getting to the wingers , but i'd still like to see speed on the flanks.......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users