Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays performance

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I am totally gutted about todays performance,I signed up for the early bird offer and been paying for last 7 months and to see that. what a shambles.

We looked like a side who have never seen each other before, which we probably haven't. We looked like a side who do not have any passion or pride, or carry the same enthusiasm as us long serving fans have.

This shambles we have with Warrington is killing us as a club, we look like a club with no heart and no identity. This is a really bad day for the club, workington was not great, they had 17 lads who wanted to win and was prepared to run through a brick wall to do it. Something we never shown.

Some people will say its only the first game of the season, but for the last 2 months we have been told that "swinton players have got the best training facilities in the country and this will show next season" where was it.

John Kidd if you read this "Our club is dying and fast" take note

#2 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

Workington was not great? You are kidding yourself!! Crawl back in ur cave.

#3 bigtony

bigtony
  • Coach
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Workington was not great? You are kidding yourself!! Crawl back in ur cave.

if you think workington played well then your easily pleased, i thought they where 2 average teams, workington did just shade it for me tho

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

As the old saying goes, "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that counts, it's the size of the fight in the dog".

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Hahahaha town town

#6 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I agree Workington did deserve to win, but you was not great either, just good old fashion won it for you today.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

After years of playing in a mediocre league , to step up after one friendly and win away first up and against a side with 9 Warrington
players is an outstanding effort whatever anyone may say. A great confidence boost . Walne , Dowes and Thacks are gonna be huge
this year and young Phillips is a star in the making .

#8 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thacks did absolutly nothing today except give two terrible passes that gave swinton an attacking set

#9 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well played today Workington and for the sheer work ethic you deserved your win. Can I ask how many of your squad today were in the squad which brought you up.

#10 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 93 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well played today Workington and for the sheer work ethic you deserved your win. Can I ask how many of your squad today were in the squad which brought you up.

All but 4 i think, Callum Phillips, ewan dowes, james coyle and Declan hulmes

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,707 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

All but 4 i think, Callum Phillips, ewan dowes, james coyle and Declan hulmes

All four were making their Town league debuts today but also for our young hooker (number 21) Callum Phillips it was his first senior game having just signed from the amateur ranks in the close season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

New players this season (playing)- James Coyle, Ewan Dowes, and Callum Phillips fresh from the amateur game. Adam Walne played one game for us last season. We played one DR player from Widnes - Declan a young centre who played on the wing. I enjoyed the game not just because of the result, but also because of the banter with your supporters. Thanks for the hospitality shown.

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

New players this season (playing)- James Coyle, Ewan Dowes, and Callum Phillips fresh from the amateur game. Adam Walne played one game for us last season. We played one DR player from Widnes - Declan a young centre who played on the wing. I enjoyed the game not just because of the result, but also because of the banter with your supporters. Thanks for the hospitality shown.

That clearly showed as one of the reasons you beat us was the fact that your team actually looked like a team. No excuses but in all honesty we didn't. Well done again and yes the chant of "All you are is radio active" ( sang to the queen song) did bring the only smile to mty face in what was a dire afternoon as a Swinton fan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users